Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

HelloShitty

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
Nice…will add that to my blog. That’s good info and I’ll forget.

Need to add another piece of information. Yesterday, TegraExplorer with OLED support still didn't work. Probelm is that I think the fork with OLED support only searches sysMMC. So, there were no options to dump the firmware and nothing was happening but the screen with 2 lines of information and nothing else. No option to dump anything nor Exit option.
I'm not sure I'm using the most accurate terminology and wording choice, but the issue is reported and fixed here.

Basically, we add to the fork, yet another script in sd:/tegraexplorer/scripts/ to widen the search and then, in TegraExplorer you will have the option to run this newly added script. Finally we get the option to dump the sysNAND on the screen.

So, for the sake of a good blog article, you want to add this too, @binkinator . :P

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Need to add another piece of information. Yesterday, TegraExplorer with OLED support still didn't work. Probelm is that I think the fork with OLED support only searches sysMMC. So, there were no options to dump the firmware and nothing was happening but the screen with 2 lines of information and nothing else. No option to dump anything nor Exit option.
I'm not sure I'm using the most accurate terminology and wording choice, but the issue is reported and fixed here.

Basically, we add to the fork, yet another script in sd:/tegraexplorer/scripts/ to widen the search and then, in TegraExplorer you will have the option to run this newly added script. Finally we get the option to dump the sysNAND on the screen.

So, for the sake of a good blog article, you want to add this too, @binkinator . :P
Sweet! Added! You’re on quite the adventure.

• Love
Reactions: HelloShitty

jonlad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Awesome. While you were doing that I was looking for some hactool game save information. Here’s a good run down for getting your saves backed up.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/safest-...witch-to-a-hacked-switch.536619/#post-8603706

E: exfat and files based are both less than ideal options. once you get your saves backed up and copy anything you want to keep on your exfat partition, I highly recommend reformatting to FAT32 using Rufus and grabbing a new snapshot of your Sysnand to make a new Emunand.

Roger that. Just fumbling my way through this hehe

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Roger that. Just fumbling my way through this hehe
Just re-reading my message. Meant to say HACDiskMount not hactool.

e: it’s not a step by step guide. The bottom line is you want to get to the point (by any means necessary) where you can use HACDiskMount to get to your game saves.

e2: This might make things a little easier to mount up your emunand and get to the game save files: https://github.com/eliboa/NxNandManager

Last edited by binkinator,

jonlad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just re-reading my message. Meant to say HACDiskMount not hactool.

e: it’s not a step by step guide. The bottom line is you want to get to the point (by any means necessary) where you can use HACDiskMount to get to your game saves.

e2: This might make things a little easier to mount up your emunand and get to the game save files: https://github.com/eliboa/NxNandManager
Thats funny, I was going to ask if NxNandManager was a better solution!

I'll see what you can determine from analysing the dump first, hope it can be fixed :/

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats funny, I was going to ask if NxNandManager was a better solution!

I'll see what you can determine from analysing the dump first, hope it can be fixed :/

I got precisely fuck all from the stack dump so I think recovery of data and reformat has moved from what used to be best path and is now only path forward.

1650796098315.png

jonlad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Edit from above:

got precisely fuck all from the stack dump so I think recovery of data and reformat has moved from what used to be best path and is now only path forward.

View attachment 307353
:cry: that does suck.

I'll fumble my way through that too i guess.

If I hit any issues, i'll report back

Thanks again for looking - much appreciated

trimtanks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
where did you grab your Sigpatches? Sounds like they are not in sync with your Atmosphere version.

two versions below (if you tried one, try the other.)
I eventually figured it out, and it had nothing to do with sigpatches.

I initially tried updating using the AIO-Updater. It overwrote my hekate_ipl.ini with some bad data and made it so that I could only boot into sysnand. I didn't realise this so I ended up updating my sysnand, which I never wanted to do.

Anyway, now I have a blank square with a spinning circle on it that I can't get rid of. I tried deleting all tickets and deleting every piece of software but it is still there. What else can I try?

Roxainer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I hear you, man. Even the editors I’ve found only address the charaters, spirits etc. Nothing about actual progress. Will keep looking.

Anyone else have SSBU saves they can share?

Thank you so much for your help, really. I finally managed to find and test the right save. Everything is 100% unlocked and finished, including the story mode. I am attaching it in case someone else needs it.

However, with this one I have recovered almost all the saves, I only miss the Super Mario 3D World save, but I was looking for one not 100% complete, only with the main quest finished but everything else (stars, collectibles, post-game, additional worlds etc) to do. Does anyone have one?

Attachments

• SSBv70.zip
    482.7 KB · Views: 82

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I eventually figured it out, and it had nothing to do with sigpatches.

I initially tried updating using the AIO-Updater. It overwrote my hekate_ipl.ini with some bad data and made it so that I could only boot into sysnand. I didn't realise this so I ended up updating my sysnand, which I never wanted to do.

Anyway, now I have a blank square with a spinning circle on it that I can't get rid of. I tried deleting all tickets and deleting every piece of software but it is still there. What else can I try?
Oh, yeah. AIO update would have been a good clue to have for sure.

For the blank square issue, you have a partial install that needs to be removed so go to settings -> data management -> manage software and look for any recent installs or blank titles or unplayed games or even the last game at the bottom. Yiu should recognize the misfit game and then Delete it.

trimtanks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Oh, yeah. AIO update would have been a good clue to have for sure.

For the blank square issue, you have a partial install that needs to be removed so go to settings -> data management -> manage software and look for any recent installs or blank titles or unplayed games or even the last game at the bottom. Yiu should recognize the misfit game and then Delete it.
Thanks for the blank square fix. That was driving me nuts.

Should I do anything about my sysnand? I never use it and don't try to play online. It was sitting on OFW 6.1 before this all happened.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the blank square fix. That was driving me nuts.

Should I do anything about my sysnand? I never use it and don't try to play online. It was sitting on OFW 6.1 before this all happened.

If it’s not being used it’s fine to sit where it is. If it ain’t broke…

if your Sysnand is clean you can just go online and upgrade it via Ninty servers. That’s the preferred method anyway.

Reactions: Takokeshi

Windsall

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been using hekate's usb tool to transfer files onto my switch's sd card, instead of taking out the card (because I've had problems with the sd card reader)..

If or next time I want to upgrade the system version (on the emunand), can I transfer the new atmosphere files this way? If there's hekate files to transfer too, is it possible that way? Since I'm using Hekate to do it.

I'm trying to make sure I understand how to upgrade through usb. (I keep my emunand offline so that'd be the way I want to go I think)

Takokeshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If or next time I want to upgrade the system version (on the emunand), can I transfer the new atmosphere files this way? If there's hekate files to transfer too, is it possible that way? Since I'm using Hekate to do it.
Yes, for sure. For hekate you can hit Reload on the Home screen to reload into the new one after replacing the files.

(Otherwise can always power off and re-inject the new payload, if a Reload didn't work.)

HelloShitty

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
Hi again.

While reading and trying the following guide:
https://rentry.org/DumpFirmware

I am wondering about if and why we need the first 3 steps, as apparently the only thing they do is to create a copy of the following three files inside sd:/switch:
Code:
partialaes.keys
prod.keys
title.keys

And then, the script that is ran by Tegraexplorer.bin payload, doesn't mention any of these files. Unless it's the Tegraexplorer.bin payload itself using those files, I can't see how they are used!

Last edited by HelloShitty,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi again.

While reading and trying the following guide:
https://rentry.org/DumpFirmware

I am wondering about if and why we need the first 3 steps, as apparently the only thing they do is to create a copy of the following three files inside sd:/switch:
Code:
partialaes.keys
prod.keys
title.keys

And then, the script that is ran by Tegraexplorer.bin payload, doesn't mention any of these files. Unless it's the Tegraexplorer.bin payload itself using those files, I can't see how they are used!

And down the rabbit hole we go...

So I'll start off with I don't know and we'll go from there...

I initially thought it might be the FirmwareDump.te script that does it but there is nothing in those scripts that explicitly calls for those files. Might want to try deleting them and see if it breaks the dump. I bet it does. In the meantime, I'll go through the Tegraexplorer code and see if I can find it there.

e: well that was anticlimactic...
https://github.com/suchmememanyskill/TegraExplorer/search?q=prod.keys

1650822289972.png

Last edited by binkinator,

HelloShitty

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
And down the rabbit hole we go...

So I'll start off with I don't know and we'll go from there...

I initially thought it might be the FirmwareDump.te script that does it but there is nothing in those scripts that explicitly calls for those files. Might want to try deleting them and see if it breaks the dump. I bet it does. In the meantime, I'll go through the Tegraexplorer code and see if I can find it there.

e: well that was anticlimactic...
https://github.com/suchmememanyskill/TegraExplorer/search?q=prod.keys

View attachment 307400
This really makes me mad.
I went to the script file and searched the script code for the file names and found nothing. But I could have done just that. I even suggested it! But I didn't go for it! lol
But yeah, it's answered!
Thanks again! Now, those 1st steps makes sense!

Lupo73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hi, I modified my Switch with the latest release of Atomosphere and Hekate, I updated to the latest sigpatches, the signature of the console is 14.1.1, I downloaded some games from tinfoil. Some work but many are corrupt. I downloaded the nsp files from the web and installed via DBI, but no one works for me, they start and immediately give me an error that they cannot work. the ones I'm interested in making work are Triangle strategy, Metroid dread and darkest dungeon. I downloaded them with expansions and updates both from tinfoil and from the web but they don't work, I tried both with the fusee.bin payload and with Hekate and deep sea but they don't work. Could you please tell me the settings for Triangle Stategy? Thanks, all the software are updated to the latest release

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi, I modified my Switch with the latest release of Atomosphere and Hekate, I updated to the latest sigpatches, the signature of the console is 14.1.1, I downloaded some games from tinfoil. Some work but many are corrupt. I downloaded the nsp files from the web and installed via DBI, but no one works for me, they start and immediately give me an error that they cannot work. the ones I'm interested in making work are Triangle strategy, Metroid dread and darkest dungeon. I downloaded them with expansions and updates both from tinfoil and from the web but they don't work, I tried both with the fusee.bin payload and with Hekate and deep sea but they don't work. Could you please tell me the settings for Triangle Stategy? Thanks, all the software are updated to the latest release

Do any games install properly via tinfoil?

If not I recommend this approach:

• Try another simple game via Tinfoil like Othello.nsp

If that doesn't work:

• Try installing Othello.nsp with Tinwoo (very straightforward installer.)

If that doesn't work:

• Replace your sigpatches with one of the following (whichever one you're not using right now)

Sigpatches (GBATemp) — alternative Sigpatches for when others don’t seem to work.
Sigpatchesget your iTotalJustice Sigpatches here (with free instructions!)

Windsall

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When that happened to me it was because I 'thought' I had put the right files and sigpatches but must've overlooked some.
Also worth making sure they're put in the right place.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...