Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

dmannorflo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I'm in a interesting predicament. I'm on firmware 14.1.1, and my switch is potentially patched. The RCM exploit doesn't work for me, and I don't know if it's the firmware or the Switch itself. Do I just wait until a new patch comes out, or is there anything I can do?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I'm in a interesting predicament. I'm on firmware 14.1.1, and my switch is potentially patched. The RCM exploit doesn't work for me, and I don't know if it's the firmware or the Switch itself. Do I just wait until a new patch comes out, or is there anything I can do?

RCM does not depend on any version of FW. It will always work and is not patchable…ever.

With that out of the way, how are you attempting to inject a payload into the Switch?

What logs are you seeing from the tool you are using?

e:

TecraRCM — 0x0000? 0x7000? which one do you NOT want to see when using TecraRCM?

Reactions: Takokeshi

inero

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Hello guys,
first of all sorry if my issue has been already talked about but I really need some help here :cry:

I used to use the stuff from the Xecuter website and with every system update they used to upload a file on their website to fix the problem of being some games don't work and require a system update for it.
now their website is down and I've downloaded some new games but it says it needs a system update.. how can I solve this??
and

I'm now on 10.1.0

jonlad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Awesome. While you were doing that I was looking for some hactool HACDiskMount game save information. Here’s a good run down for getting your saves backed up.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/safest-...witch-to-a-hacked-switch.536619/#post-8603706

https://github.com/TheyKilledKenny/Emutool you should b OK but if you need to manipulate your emunand a little before mounting it, Emutool is the tool for the job.

E: exfat and files based are both less than ideal options. once you get your saves backed up and copy anything you want to keep on your exfat partition, I highly recommend reformatting to FAT32 using Rufus and grabbing a new snapshot of your Sysnand to make a new Emunand.

When I try to dump the USER partition from my emummc files, it gets to a certain point then I get an error and the dump fails....

• Sad
Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I try to dump the USER partition from my emummc files, it gets to a certain point then I get an error and the dump fails....

…that’s not a good sign man.😳

can you try to copy it with Emutool?

…or maybe go old school and see if you can muscle through it?

https://www.roadkil.net/program.php?ProgramID=29

Might be able to recover some of it? Maybe?

Last edited by binkinator,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys,
first of all sorry if my issue has been already talked about but I really need some help here :cry:

I used to use the stuff from the Xecuter website and with every system update they used to upload a file on their website to fix the problem of being some games don't work and require a system update for it.
now their website is down and I've downloaded some new games but it says it needs a system update.. how can I solve this??
and

I'm now on 10.1.0

Update to FW 11.0.0
Upgrade to SXOS 3.1.0b
Repack game to 11.0.0

If all else fails, add Atmosphere.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@binkinator
I am using TegraRCM GUI, and it usually spits out 0x0000. I have attempts where it hangs sometimes. Guess it's patched then, fuck.

I took a guess that’s what you were likely using and yeah…0x0000 is just a Meg Ryan moment.

Can look for a mod chip and hardware glitch it or you could sell it and buy a V1 on e-bay if you’re so inclined.

sorry man

inero

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Update to FW 11.0.0
Upgrade to SXOS 3.1.0b
Repack game to 11.0.0

If all else fails, add Atmosphere.
i think if i did update the system it will update to the latest version available.
also SXOS where can I find the 3.1.0b? mine is 2.9.2
and how can I repack the game???

i guess if all the above a lil bit hard to explain then better add atmosphere.. but how and from where do I download it?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think if i did update the system it will update to the latest version available.

i guess if all the above a lil bit hard to explain then better add atmosphere.. but how and from where do I download it?

You have to looks online for the 3.1.0 boot.dat file, can't be posted here on the forum due to copyright stuffs, as for games, games that require master key 0b and 0c and newer master key doesn't work on SX 11.0.1. You can looks for game online that been repack already or learn how to repack them.

jonlad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
…that’s not a good sign man.😳

can you try to copy it with Emutool?

…or maybe go old school and see if you can muscle through it?

https://www.roadkil.net/program.php?ProgramID=29

Might be able to recover some of it? Maybe?

Yer, I'll copying with that Roadkill thing but I've tried partially opening USER but its not liking the keys either (other partitions seem to be accepting the keys)

If its completely fucked, what should I begin doing to start from scratch?

inero

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
You have to looks online for the 3.1.0 boot.dat file, can't be posted here on the forum due to copyright stuffs, as for games, games that require master key 0b and 0c and newer master key doesn't work on SX 11.0.1. You can looks for game online that been repack already or learn how to repack them.
why do I get the feeling that looking for the games will be harder
would the atmosphere be easier or ??

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can use Choidujournx to upgrade to any version you’d like.
Cant link to SXOS on here.
Archive.org is a cool site for finding old data.
NSC_Builder is one way to do it.
Here’s a guide I’ve used successfuly: https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

I still dual boot SXOS and Atmosphere BTW…it takes some setting up but if you’re tech savvy it’s possible.

Reactions: Hayato213 and inero

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yer, I'll copying with that Roadkill thing but I've tried partially opening USER but its not liking the keys either (other partitions seem to be accepting the keys)

If its completely fucked, what should I begin doing to start from scratch?

Here’s where I typically send folks: https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know next to nothing about switch hacking, but there's a site about yuzu that has all the keys up to now. I've been downloading the games I bought, since I'm all digital and I fear the servers will go offline at some point. Anyway, that's why I needed to find the keys instead of locksmith. Is that what it's called?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know next to nothing about switch hacking, but there's a site about yuzu that has all the keys up to now. I've been downloading the games I bought, since I'm all digital and I fear the servers will go offline at some point. Anyway, that's why I needed to find the keys instead of locksmith. Is that what it's called?

Can’t share copyrighted material with yiu but inevit there’s always some kind soul that drops it in GitHub or posts it in patebin or globs it in Google. Even without sourcing keys from your own switch using Lockpick_RCM as a payload I don’t think you have much to worry about.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can’t share copyrighted material with yiu but inevit there’s always some kind soul that drops it in GitHub or posts it in patebin or globs it in Google. Even without sourcing keys from your own switch using Lockpick_RCM as a payload I don’t think you have much to worry about.
I don't need the keys as I already have them

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: im playing fortnite rn and just got rsn over by a car