binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it only works in the hekate menu

If it doesn't work in Stock OFS/Sysnand mode it's a wonder that it works at all in Hekate. There's going to be very little to troubleshoot here. It's quite possible you will need to take it in for repairs. Here's what I can think of off the top of my head from least invasive to most invasive:

1) go to Settings > Test Input Devices and see if it responds there.
2) got to Settings > System Settings > Controllers and Sensors -> Touch-Screen Sensitivity and change the setting to just see. (You will eventually want to end up on Standard but the idea is to change it to anything to see if we can get it to work.)
3) upgrade firmware to the latest version (14.1.1). If it's already at latest, downgrade to 14.1.0 and then upgrade. (Again we're just trying to get something to work here.)
4) take it in to a reputable electronics repair shop.

HelloShitty

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
Yes, NTFS would be awesome...ext4 would be fantastic...alas, Ninty is in no way motivated to make pirate lives easier. 🙃
btrfs is actually one of the most promising file systems around. I've been using it at one of my extra HDDs I have. The other one is ext4. I don't want shitty Windows stuff!

• Haha
Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My switch saves are not working on Yuzu, anyone know why? I tried with Animal Crossing and it says the file is corrupted.
I don't know dick about Yuzu but found this on reddit:

1. rIght click your game in yuzu, and select open save data location
  2. if it opens in the 000000 folder go back a bit until u see multiple folders with similar number names. One of those is your old save folder while the other was just created like the person above said
  3. look through those folders and deduce which ones the older saves (look at the dates and time)
  4. copy the files in the older save folder to the new folder, replacing everything

Any help? If not then hopefully someone more knowledgeable about Yuzu than me will take a look soon!!!

Reactions: godreborn

foreveryang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know dick about Yuzu but found this on reddit:

1. rIght click your game in yuzu, and select open save data location
  2. if it opens in the 000000 folder go back a bit until u see multiple folders with similar number names. One of those is your old save folder while the other was just created like the person above said
  3. look through those folders and deduce which ones the older saves (look at the dates and time)
  4. copy the files in the older save folder to the new folder, replacing everything

Any help? If not then hopefully someone more knowledgeable about Yuzu than me will take a look soon!!!
ok I tried others game and they work so I guess this is specifically with Animal Crossing

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Roxainersaid:

Hi! Unfortunately I accidentally deleted the emuMMC partition from my sd, and now I'm trying to find similar saves as I lost them all. Does anyone have a "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate" save with full "Adventure" mode at least on "Normal" difficulty? It's not necessary that the game is 100% unlocked, I just need the "Adventure" mode ended with all the enemies defeated. A thousand thanks!

Not super familiar with this specific game, but is this site any good?

https://www.thetechgame.com/Downloads/id=229344/us-super-smash-ultimate-save-game-spirits-chars.html

HelloShitty

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
Hi. I just downloaded TegraExplorer.bin from their github releases page and copied it over into my SD card /bootloader/payloads/. Then, in Hekate chose Layloads and hit TegraExplorer but I just got a black screen. Can't see anything in the screen. I have to longpress power button to shut it down and turn it on again. Any idea what can I do or how to fix this? Or am I missing anything?

Edited;
Nevermind, I've just been told that TegraExplorer still has no OLED support. However, there is a fork that already added support to it and seems to work. I'm actually trying the firmware_dump.te option
Fork here

Last edited by HelloShitty,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I just downloaded TegraExplorer.bin from their github releases page and copied it over into my SD card /bootloader/payloads/. Then, in Hekate chose Layloads and hit TegraExplorer but I just got a black screen. Can't see anything in the screen. I have to longpress power button to shut it down and turn it on again. Any idea what can I do or how to fix this? Or am I missing anything?

Edited;
Nevermind, I've just been told that TegraExplorer still has no OLED support. However, there is a fork that already added support to it and seems to work. I'm actually trying the firmware_dump.te option
Fork here
Nice…will add that to my blog. That’s good info and I’ll forget.

• Love
Reactions: HelloShitty

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@DiNo29said:
I have migrated from SX OS to Atmosphere.
I had installed XCI with the SX Installer, and those games can't run anymore, which is normal I think.
So I reinstalled a few games on top of the existing install, but from NSPs this time, and they work again now.
You can use Settings —> Data Management…and Delete the old games entirely before you install the NSPs.
But I'm pretty sure these games are taking twice as much space on the SD card as they should. I think the previous XCI versions are still installed, with the NSP versions installed on top, in different folders I guess.
If you have one uninstalled .nsp file left you could do a test and mark down how much space you have on your sd card before and after yiu install the nsp. Compare that to how much is left after yiu remove via Data Management and once again after a clean install of your nsp. Kinda curious myself at this point.
Is there a way to delete only the XCI installs? Or do I have to fully delete the games (hopefully deleting both versions, not sure it would) and start again?
Hopefully removing before you install the new .nsp will save you the trouble. If we’re too far down the path at this point at least see if removing everything and reinstalling the .nsp saves you any space.

e: just thought of somethings.

Under SXOS were you using Emunand or Sysnand?

When creating your new Atmos deployment did you
  • migrate your old install
  • copy yiu old install
  • or just leave your old install behind
Did you use a guide to migrat from SXOS to Atmos?

Last edited by binkinator,

piaka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there.

I just updated my switch to 14.1.1 to play a game. Before doing so, I thought I'd correctly updated my cfw, bootloaders, and sigs (aio switch updater). But, now my switch wont enter autorcm. What steps am I going to have to take to get it working again?

(Maybe some tips to prevent this in the future. Most google search convoluted the whole update process)

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there.

I just updated my switch to 14.1.1 to play a game. Before doing so, I thought I'd correctly updated my cfw, bootloaders, and sigs (aio switch updater). But, now my switch wont enter autorcm. What steps am I going to have to take to get it working again?

(Maybe some tips to prevent this in the future. Most google search convoluted the whole update process)
do a fresh install of atmosphere, hekate and sigpatches. aoi updater is notorious for messed up sd files. in the future dont use it, update manually. it takes like 5min.

also, mount switch to pc using hekate usb tools in hekate. then you dont ever need to remove sd card for anything which will save the life of your sd card slot which is known a fail with repeated removal of sd cards.

piaka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do a fresh install of atmosphere, hekate and sigpatches. aoi updater is notorious for messed up sd files. in the future dont use it, update manually. it takes like 5min.

also, mount switch to pc using hekate usb tools in hekate. then you dont ever need to remove sd card for anything which will save the life of your sd card slot which is known a fail with repeated removal of sd cards.
awesome, thank you man!

jonlad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi knowledgeable people,

I'm stuck.

I've been using my Atmosphere Switch on EmuMMC with no issues then went to turn it on today and I'm getting:

Fatal error occurred when running atmosphere.​

Program ID: 0100000000000005​

Error Desc: std: :abort() called (0xffe)

I have tried:

- Updating Atmosphere, Hekate, fusee, sigpatches all to latest versions, still get the above error
- I can boot into sysnand
- I can put latest Atmosphere, Hekate, fusee, sigpatches on a new sd card and can boot fine
- If I mark EmuMMC to EmuMMCold on the original SD card, I can boot into Atmosphere fine
- Tried looking for 0100000000000005 in Atmosphere/contents to delete but cant find this folder
- Tried the archive bit fix in Hekate
- Repaired the original SD card in Windows
- Unfortunately the only backup i have is from long ago before I migrated from SXOS to Atmosphere

What can I do to fix this?

I'm mostly concerned about my saves - how can I retain these if I need to create a new EMUMMC/have to reinstall games?

Any help appreciated....

Thanks

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi knowledgeable people,

I'm stuck.

I've been using my Atmosphere Switch on EmuMMC with no issues then went to turn it on today and I'm getting:

Fatal error occurred when running atmosphere.​

Program ID: 0100000000000005​

Error Desc: std: :abort() called (0xffe)

I have tried:

- Updating Atmosphere, Hekate, fusee, sigpatches all to latest versions, still get the above error
- I can boot into sysnand
- I can put latest Atmosphere, Hekate, fusee, sigpatches on a new sd card and can boot fine
- If I mark EmuMMC to EmuMMCold on the original SD card, I can boot into Atmosphere fine
- Tried looking for 0100000000000005 in Atmosphere/contents to delete but cant find this folder
- Tried the archive bit fix in Hekate
- Repaired the original SD card in Windows
- Unfortunately the only backup i have is from long ago before I migrated from SXOS to Atmosphere

What can I do to fix this?

I'm mostly concerned about my saves - how can I retain these if I need to create a new EMUMMC/have to reinstall games?

Any help appreciated....

Thanks

This (0100000000000005) is an error in the boot sysmodule so as you discovered you won’t find it under contents. It’s more fundamental than that. You’ve done a ton of great troubleshooting already so not going to repeat. Based on what’s been done it looks like you have some corruption specifically in the area of your emunand.

Are you able to post a crash report?
I want to run it through this: report_xxxxx.bin — AFE parser helps you read atmosphere reports.

Were you running hidden or files based emunand?

Formatted FAT32 or exfat?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly, I’ve tried lots of saves but all have 100% unlocked (characters, spirits, etc) with the adventure mode at the beginning
I hear you, man. Even the editors I’ve found only address the charaters, spirits etc. Nothing about actual progress. Will keep looking.

Anyone else have SSBU saves they can share?

jonlad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This (0100000000000005) is an error in the boot sysmodule so as you discovered you won’t find it under contents. It’s more fundamental than that. You’ve done a ton of great troubleshooting already so not going to repeat. Based on what’s been done it looks like you have some corruption specifically in the area of your emunand.

Are you able to post a crash report?
I want to run it through this: report_xxxxx.bin — AFE parser helps you read atmosphere reports.

Were you running hidden or files based emunand?

Formatted FAT32 or exfat?
Hey man, thanks for the reply

Files based I'm certain.

exfat

Attached the latest one, hope it helps....

Thanks again!

Attachments

• report_00000000022c3b0f.zip
    428 bytes · Views: 106

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey man, thanks for the reply

Files based I'm certain.

exfat

Attached the latest one, hope it helps....

Thanks again!
Awesome. While you were doing that I was looking for some hactool HACDiskMount game save information. Here’s a good run down for getting your saves backed up.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/safest-...witch-to-a-hacked-switch.536619/#post-8603706

https://github.com/TheyKilledKenny/Emutool you should b OK but if you need to manipulate your emunand a little before mounting it, Emutool is the tool for the job.

E: exfat and files based are both less than ideal options. once you get your saves backed up and copy anything you want to keep on your exfat partition, I highly recommend reformatting to FAT32 using Rufus and grabbing a new snapshot of your Sysnand to make a new Emunand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: