Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Ichigo-Bankai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
im pretty sure it has something to do with my pc.. its super retarted. maybe if you could drop your discord we can take a look on it.. if you want to of course. maybe you see something which I oversee.. its 4:30 am here, maybe im just tired xD

HelloShitty

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
Hello.

I have just installed my mod chip and also installed Tinfoil, but I have a few questions:

1 - After the install is done, we start the console and we end up in the home page, so to speak, where our games, prior to the install are. Tinfoil also shows up here. The games that show up here in the home page are playable after mod chip install or not?

Every time I try to open one of them, it tells me that it needs to download data, bet then I always get this:
Code:
Error code: 2137-8007
A server communication error has occured.
Please try again later.

Then, inside Tinfoil, I see a menu Incomplete and I see 2 of my games (installed prior to the mod chip install) but the size is 0.0B and if I try to select them and press A, I get this:
Code:
Error: No files found to install

Note: I added to freeShops to Tinfoil.

Then, if I go to Tinfoil and check console messages I see this:
Code:
Network error 32: ssl_handshake returned - mbedTLS: (-0x2700) X509 - Certificate verification failed, e.g. CRL, CA

2 - The games I had installed prior to the mod chip install show up in Tinfoil menu Installed but if I try to play them from this menu, I get this error:
Code:
Error code: 2002-1002

An error has occured.

If the problem persists, please refer to the Nintendo Support website.
support.nintendo.com/switch/error

Why is Tinfoil trying to access games from Nintendo servers??? Didn't we block all Nintendo online services to avoid ban?

3 - I have seen some youtube videos where prople have a menu called New Games. I don't have this menu. Why is this and how to get it?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello.

I have just installed my mod chip and also installed Tinfoil, but I have a few questions:

1 - After the install is done, we start the console and we end up in the home page, so to speak, where our games, prior to the install are. Tinfoil also shows up here. The games that show up here in the home page are playable after mod chip install or not?
yes, games that show up on the ho,e page are directly playable by clicking their icon on the home page (just like the Tinfoil icon).
Every time I try to open one of them, it tells me that it needs to download data, bet then I always get this:
Code:
Error code: 2137-8007
A server communication error has occured.
Please try again later.
This is typically a DNS/network error. Are you running dns:mitm? Please share the contents of any of your /atmosphere/hosts/* files.
Then, inside Tinfoil, I see a menu Incomplete and I see 2 of my games (installed prior to the mod chip install) but the size is 0.0B and if I try to select them and press A, I get this:
Code:
Error: No files found to install

Note: I added to freeShops to Tinfoil.

Then, if I go to Tinfoil and check console messages I see this:
Code:
Network error 32: ssl_handshake returned - mbedTLS: (-0x2700) X509 - Certificate verification failed, e.g. CRL, CA
This is due to tinfoils attempting to do an encrypted handshake with an external server. Tinfoils needs network access to a working shop.
2 - The games I had installed prior to the mod chip install show up in Tinfoil menu Installed but if I try to play them from this menu, I get this error:
Code:
Error code: 2002-1002

An error has occured.

If the problem persists, please refer to the Nintendo Support website.
support.nintendo.com/switch/error
This could be a number of things. First thing I would check would be Sigpatches.
Why is Tinfoil trying to access games from Nintendo servers??? Didn't we block all Nintendo online services to avoid ban?
I don’t see anything to indicate it’s trying to connect to Nintendo Itself. Most likely wanting to connect to a shop.
3 - I have seen some youtube videos where prople have a menu called New Games. I don't have this menu. Why is this and how to get it?
Thdata is populated from the Internet based shop. For some reason you’re not able to complete the secure ssl handshake so there won’t be any new games.

1. check sigpatches https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-hekate-fss0-fusee-package3.571543/
  2. double check the installation of tinfoil
  • download tinfoil installable nro file from tinfoil.io under download page.
  • enter hbmenu using title override, hold (R) until hbmenu is completely running…do not install tinfoil in Applet mode.

Last edited by binkinator,
Reactions: HelloShitty

CharaCat

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
is there someway to stream the nintendo switch onto windows 10 and use keyboard & mouse?
i looked around and tried to use nxcontroller but it doesnt seem to work as today anymore

CharaCat

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
is there someway to stream the nintendo switch onto windows 10 and use keyboard & mouse?
i looked around and tried to use nxcontroller but it doesnt seem to work as today anymore

HelloShitty

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
yes, games that show up on the ho,e page are directly playable by clicking their icon on the home page (just like the Tinfoil icon).

This is typically a DNS/network error. Are you running dns:mitm? Please share the contents of any of your /atmosphere/hosts/* files.

This is due to tinfoils attempting to do an encrypted handshake with an external server. Tinfoils needs network access to a working shop.

This could be a number of things. First thing I would check would be Sigpatches.

I don’t see anything to indicate it’s trying to connect to Nintendo Itself. Most likely wanting to connect to a shop.

Thdata is populated from the Internet based shop. For some reason you’re not able to complete the secure ssl handshake so there won’t be any new games.

1. check sigpatches https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-hekate-fss0-fusee-package3.571543/
  2. double check the installation of tinfoil
  • download tinfoil installable nro file from tinfoil.io under download page.
  • enter hbmenu using title override, hold (R) until hbmenu is completely running…do not install tinfoil in Applet mode.

Sorry you had to reply to all those things. I just went through the whole process again. I think I know what the problem was.
I'm not using Ruindows computer, so in Linux, we have 2 types of FAT32 file systems, W95 FAT32 and W95 FAT32 (LBA). The SD card was on the 2nd one, so I changed to the 1st one and reinstalled everything again an it seems to be working now.

Before doing this, Tinfoil didn't even show New Games tab and couldn't install anything. Now, it seems to be working perfectly!

I'm just trying to figure out how to search games in Tinfoil that are not in the Suggested tab! :P

Edited: search is + button! :P

Last edited by HelloShitty,
Reactions: binkinator

DMcGinnis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just updated switch FW to 14.1 and updated Atmosphere to 1.3.1 along with hekate 5.7.2 and fusee but cant get the CFW to boot. Try with fusee and it goes Atmosphere then black screen. try hekate and "old nyx gui update bootloader folder". which i thought i did already. Anybody able to tell me what i did wrong or forgot to do?

Prefer to boot to atmosphere straight from my rcmloader but will go through hekate if i have to.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just updated switch FW to 14.1 and updated Atmosphere to 1.3.1 along with hekate 5.7.2 and fusee but cant get the CFW to boot. Try with fusee and it goes Atmosphere then black screen. try hekate and "old nyx gui update bootloader folder". which i thought i did already. Anybody able to tell me what i did wrong or forgot to do?

Prefer to boot to atmosphere straight from my rcmloader but will go through hekate if i have to.

Did you move/rename /atmosphere/contents to /atmosphere/contents.bak?
Did you download fusee.bin to /bootloader/payload/fusee.bin?

please share your hekate_ipl.ini

DMcGinnis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
disclaimer: I am not very good with this type of stuff.

With Atmosphere i did what i usually do and just copied contents from the zip to the root and overwrit existing files. Notes said Fusee primary no longer exists so not sure if i have to go through and delete any primary let alone secondary?

i did download fusee.bin to /bootloader/payload/fusee.bin

i got hekate figured out atleast but that does me no good to get to my games if i cant launch atmosphere.

HelloShitty

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
disclaimer: I am not very good with this type of stuff.

With Atmosphere i did what i usually do and just copied contents from the zip to the root and overwrit existing files. Notes said Fusee primary no longer exists so not sure if i have to go through and delete any primary let alone secondary?

i did download fusee.bin to /bootloader/payload/fusee.bin

i got hekate figured out atleast but that does me no good to get to my games if i cant launch atmosphere.
Did you follow rentry guides? They may have the steps you need.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I deleted everything that had to do with atmosphere and sept and reloaded it with deepsea and that seems to have worked. now to test on some newer games!
Thanks a million for the help!
By getting rid of /atmosphere you effectively moved /atmosphere/contents. The contents directory often contains system modules that are incompatible with latest release. For this reason it is highly recommended to move/rename/delete the contents directory after an upgrade.

Reactions: DMcGinnis

HelloShitty

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
Hi...

What options do we have, while using Hekate + Atmosphere + sigPatches + Tinfoil, to be able to install games over USB (meaning we wouldn't need to use Tinfoil), knowing that I don't use Windows computer (only Linux)???

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi...

What options do we have, while using Hekate + Atmosphere + sigPatches + Tinfoil, to be able to install games over USB (meaning we wouldn't need to use Tinfoil), knowing that I don't use Windows computer (only Linux)???
You can use the homebrew application TinWoo Installer and from your computer, you can use NS-USBLoader. NS-USBLoader is written in Java so its supported on all platforms.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi...

DBI will do it too.

https://github.com/rashevskyv/dbi/blob/main/README_ENG.md#install-title-from-usb

In order to use this option you will first require dbibackend (dbibackend.exe for Windows, or the dbibackend script for all operating systems). Launch dbibackend, select the files to install, select Start server, connect a USB-C cable from your PC to your Switch and select Install title from USB in DBI.

Goldleaf has a Java backend called Quark:

https://github.com/XorTroll/Goldleaf/blob/master/Quark.md

Lots of options…

Reactions: HelloShitty

MSco

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The chip does the glitch for you automatically…it uses a different technology altogether since the Nvidia/Tegra bug was patched from late V1 to all V2 and V3. The default SX Core was only able to kick off boot.dat. If they install a SX Core chip you can update the firmware with https://github.com/Spacecraft-NX/firmware. They should do this at the shop you buy from BEFORE you buy. If they won’t it’s probably one of the first clones that you can’t upgrade. Later HWFLY clones can be upgraded as well. https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-flash-the-hwfly-clone-chips.606008/
I have bought a switch OLED and a hwfly chip and sent it to a modder, I found on gbatemp. He says, I have the chip that is not upgradebale. However, he also says, this version of the chip is the more stable version.

Do you think I can get problems in the future, when horizon os will be updated with some exploit fixes and I will not be able to upgrade the chip? :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: I'm not doing ok, everywhere I go I see sex