Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

3DSBricker

Not So Daily Active Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I was trying to set up an injector on my phone. As for emunand, I set up the emunand through hekate, which made a partition on my sd card. Isnt that the whole point of emunand? to create a duplicate OS? I'm sorry, I'm just really confused.
Yes but the point is also that it's hidden. You shouldn't have 2 visible partitions. Just 1 FAT32 and one, according to Windows, unallocated; which should be about 29GB unless you resized it.

FrienemyStand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes but the point is also that it's hidden. You shouldn't have 2 visible partitions. Just 1 FAT32 and one, according to Windows, unallocated; which should be about 29GB unless you resiz

Yes but the point is also that it's hidden. You shouldn't have 2 visible partitions. Just 1 FAT32 and one, according to Windows, unallocated; which should be about 29GB unless you resized it.
So Should I just format my sd card and start the process over from scratch?

3DSBricker

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So Should I just format my sd card and start the process over from scratch?
Unless you already have things you don't want to lose (like games or saves inside EmuNAND or installed games to the SD card in SysNAND), yes. Clean all partitions (don't format them separately). I mostly use Diskpart, but it's a very powerful tool. I completely wiped my C drive accidentally (with proper recovery software you can recover everything in most cases), you can also use something like Aomei or EaseUs. If there isn't some write locked partition you could manually delete them in disk management.

FrienemyStand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless you already have things you don't want to lose (like games or saves inside EmuNAND or installed games to the SD card in SysNAND), yes. Clean all partitions (don't format them separately)
Alright, I'll do that then. I made a complete backup of my sysnand including save data and dlc, so I'll be fine. I'll let you know how it goes. So after I booted into Hekate and selected emummc, I noticed there was a second option called sd file, might that be an easier way to create one?

Last edited by FrienemyStand,

3DSBricker

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Alright, I'll do that then. I made a complete backup of my sysnand including save data and dlc, so I'll be fine. I'll let you know how it goes.
Make a backup of the Nintendo folder too, just in case. That's where the games installed to the SD card are. (when they're not installed to the NAND)

omeguito

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well you're connecting to that server if it's LAN play in the game and if it's local play too. To redirect ad-hoc you do need the ldn_mitm.kip file, which can only be used with CFW.
Yes, and this drawback that made me wonder if no one has ever retrieved the pre-shared key from a Switch.

FrienemyStand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make a backup of the Nintendo folder too, just in case. That's where the games installed to the SD card are. (when they're not installed to the NAND)
HOLY SHIT I THINK I FIGURED OUT WHAT I DID WRONG. This guide says to not format the sd card when i plug it into my pc after creating the partition, but I formatted it on my pc.
https://www.cfwaifu.com/switch-emunand/

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I´ve got a problem after updating Atmosphere with the All-in-one Updater.
Maybe someone could please help me, don´t know how I could fix it.
Got the latest atmosphere version from the all-in-one-updater on 13.1 fw (not using emunand).
after the update he asked me to also update hekate to 5.6.2. everything fine so far, then the question came: "should hekate payload /bootloader/update.bin being copied to /atmosphere/reboot_payload.bin" ? I wasn´t sure what to do and accepted.
Now I can boot into hekate perfectly and also start the cfw but after any click on anything the switch is getting extremely slow, takes about one minute to react after pushing a button. there are no slowdowns booting into the ofw. copied the update.bin on the sd card from a backup without any change.. everything is freezing for minutes.
is there anything i could try to fix without starting from scratch ? thanks for any help.
Well just so you know, all you said yes to was setting Hekate as your reboot_to_payload so whenever you press Restart from the Power menu or your console crashes while you're in CFW, it will launch that payload so your SD card being slow is unrelated. How is your SD card formatted?
Well, Tinwoo worked flawlessly (in combination with NS-USBloader). Consider me converted :)
I saw that Tinwoo also had the option to update the sigpatches for me. Can I trust it and stop doing these updates manually?
Unfortunately some users report problems when using that so I cannot advise you to use to it.

jkirk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well just so you know, all you said yes to was setting Hekate as your reboot_to_payload so whenever you press Restart from the Power menu or your console crashes while you're in CFW, it will launch that payload so your SD card being slow is unrelated. How is your SD card formatted?

Unfortunately some users report problems when using that so I cannot advise you to use to it.
Hey Draxzelex,

What is the most foolproof way to update the firmware on my switch, I think I managed to update my atmosphere and hekate, but don't want to use an incorrect way of updating my firmware from 11 to 13. Any advice would be appreciated.

rotteldastation

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to do ACNH local play between a stock console and a modded console? Also, I'm using 90DNS-- you don't need to connect to Nintendo's servers for local play, right?
(Edit: I tried it, and it does work! even with 90DNS :))

Last edited by rotteldastation,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Draxzelex,

What is the most foolproof way to update the firmware on my switch, I think I managed to update my atmosphere and hekate, but don't want to use an incorrect way of updating my firmware from 11 to 13. Any advice would be appreciated.
Use the homebrew application Daybreak. It comes bundled with Atmosphere automatically.
Is it possible to do ACNH local play between a stock console and a modded console? Also, I'm using 90DNS-- you don't need to connect to Nintendo's servers for local play, right?
I don't see why it wouldn't be possible.

Reactions: jkirk

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again, thank you so much for such a concise response and helping me understand these things.

So since Nintendo would know the moment I went online that I booted into CFW before making my emuNAND, would factory resetting before doing a system update, wipe that information or "flag" from the switch? I want to look 100% legit to Nintendo when I'm on sysNAND so I can play online with some games, other games I want to use cheats, I will own all games legitimately though (buy the eshop version then back it up to SD), I just love the trainers with Tesla overlay idea, it brings me back to the OG XBOX xbcm and the PSP GTA:LCS cheat device plugin days *sighs reminiscently* "such fond memories" 😍 (adjusting gravity on the fly then cause some chaos and crank the gravity up to 19x 🤣, the cops all dropped dead as soon as they got out of the vehicles. Sorry for getting distracted.

One more question, can I update my emuNAND after sysNAND gets updated without having to start anew? Is this where daybreak comes into play?
system restore wont wipe the logs on that nand. the only way to do that would be to restore the nand to a state before any cfw was on it.(assuming you have a backup) if you just used save editors or such on that nand youll be fine.

yes, update sysnand, shutdown then dl and inject latest tegraexplorer, dump sysnand fw, then boot emunand, open daybreak and install the fw you just dumped

Reactions: LegzRwheelz

Szizorillo

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi,
I've put the Data folder in atmosphere/contents/<TitleID>/romfs/ but I just get a black screen and nothing happens when I attempt to boot the game -
  • contents/
    • <Title ID>/
      • romfs/
        • Data/
          • StreamingAssets/
            • AssetAssistant/
              • Pml/
                • personal_masterdatas
I tried a more simple mod (no intro videos) and this seemed to work so I'm not sure what's going wrong.
atmosphere/
  • contents/
    • <Title ID>/
      • romfs/
        • Data/
          • StreamingAssets/
            • Movie/

So any mod that modifies the "AssetAssistant" fails for me. This is the first time I've ever tried any mod stuff so I'm trying to figure this out from fresh basically. Any advice? Any settings or config files I need to change? Thanks!

Btw I migrated from SXOS to atmosphere i dont know if this is relevant

Last edited by Szizorillo,

LegzRwheelz

Trophies
Scrolling here learning to mod my dishwasher
XP
Country
United States
system restore wont wipe the logs on that nand. the only way to do that would be to restore the nand to a state before any cfw was on it.(assuming you have a backup) if you just used save editors or such on that nand youll be fine.

yes, update sysnand, shutdown then dl and inject latest tegraexplorer, dump sysnand fw, then boot emunand, open daybreak and install the fw you just dumped
Excellent. Thank you so, so very much. I'm having difficulties remembering if I did the NAND bup before or after I booted to CFW on sysNAND..I am not THAT worried about wiping the flag, you said that I should be fine and I trust you, that's good enough for me.

After booting into CFW on sysNAND, I didn't do anything besides check to see that it was running atmosphere then powered off and create my emuNAND then booted that to see if it shows the version ending with an "E" rather than an "S", that's when I proved to myself that I am capable of doing this correctly, then I proceeded to educate myself on updating it to 13.2 which ultimately led me here.

I really appreciate your time and patience with my long, drawn out questions and taking the time to answer each part of my posts. You're awesome.

Last edited by LegzRwheelz,
Reactions: Chaosta

3DSBricker

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Excellent. Thank you so, so very much. I'm having difficulties remembering if I did the NAND bup before or after I booted to CFW on sysNAND..I am not THAT worried about wiping the flag, you said that I should be fine and I trust you, that's good enough for me.

After booting into CFW on sysNAND, I didn't do anything besides check to see that it was running atmosphere then powered off and create my emuNAND then booted that to see if it shows the version ending with an "E" rather than an "S", that's when I proved to myself that I am capable of doing this correctly, then I proceeded to educate myself on updating it to 13.2 which ultimately led me here.

I really appreciate your time and patience with my long, drawn out questions and taking the time to answer each part of my posts. You're awesome.
Only starting Atmosphère won't get you banned. To wipe system logs, TegraExplorer has a full system wipe script which does wipe the logs.

Reactions: LegzRwheelz

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way (with an update file or homebrew app) to update the joycons and pro controller?
theres a hb app to flash a color onto your joycons. called jc color swapper. useful if you shell swapped your joycons. but otherwise no. boot to stock ofw and update them there or install a higher fw on a emunand then go to settings and update there. either way the joycon firmware is paired with the switch firmware.

Last edited by Chaosta,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    Last time i've checked, my ISP was like 5/6 ms slower than Cloudflare x)
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    yeah. I've tried changing dns too.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Check cpuid make sure ram sockets are detected
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    (and i'm fibered, 5gb shared downloads, 1gb upload)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or even in bios
    its mostly when starting firefox that it's noticible slower. Opening and loading the homepage. Tried fresh installs and all.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Knowing your system specs would help
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    if you're in win 11, have you checked which graphical processor Firefox was using ?
    after it's open, its a bit slower too at loading pages, but not as noticeable as the initial startup and homepage loading
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    can make a little difference
    You mean as in hardware acceleration on or off?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Went to make cup noodles, spilled boiling water on me then the kettle decided to pop
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why I saw a kettle with wifi
    Will try that now
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    ouch @K3Nv2 hope nothing's too bad !
    xda a good site. My go to site for phone shit. :)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Females have burnt me worse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    females don't exist
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Tamales exist.
    +1
    Setting FF to max performance on my gpu made it slower. lol. Tried it on Edge too just to see, and it made Edge slower too. lol
    Thanks for trying. :)
    ill just use edge and watch nintendo videos on firefox. lolol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The everything beagle cup noodles are actually pretty decent
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: beagle? :P