Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

MrFoda123

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey, so since I don't know how the homebrew works, I bought my switch already homebrewed. The guy who sold to me said everytime I wanted to turn the system on, I had to inject it in my PC through a cable using TegraRcmGUI and it always worked fine. Today I've attempted to turn it on with my cellphone (android) using NSloaderRB. I have used the same .bin file as the one from TegraRcm and when I connected it the cellphone displayed an error message, I ignored it and tried to inject it, and started a infinite loading screen saying that it was beeing injected. i've got impatient and closed the app and since neither my phone nor my PC recognize my switch. I've reinstalled the drivers on the PC and even used my backup of the sd card, but it still does not recognize. After a while of beeing connected, windows says "USB Device not recognized". What can I do to reverse this???
p.s.: sorry for my bad english, I am not a native speaker.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, so since I don't know how the homebrew works, I bought my switch already homebrewed. The guy who sold to me said everytime I wanted to turn the system on, I had to inject it in my PC through a cable using TegraRcmGUI and it always worked fine. Today I've attempted to turn it on with my cellphone (android) using NSloaderRB. I have used the same .bin file as the one from TegraRcm and when I connected it the cellphone displayed an error message, I ignored it and tried to inject it, and started a infinite loading screen saying that it was beeing injected. i've got impatient and closed the app and since neither my phone nor my PC recognize my switch. I've reinstalled the drivers on the PC and even used my backup of the sd card, but it still does not recognize. After a while of beeing connected, windows says "USB Device not recognized". What can I do to reverse this???
p.s.: sorry for my bad english, I am not a native speaker.
It sounds like the Switch was in Auto-RCM mode, and that feature got turned off somehow, maybe by updating. You will need to buy, find, or make a Jig for the right rail of the switch to enable the RCM mode. Read this guide: Good Luck!
https://switch.homebrew.guide/gettingstarted/checkingrcm.html

Reactions: LegzRwheelz

FrienemyStand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to install SMT V onto my switch after dumping it from my own cartridge to unlock the DLC, but I always get this error message every time I try installing with either Awoo or TinWoo. I get the exact same error when trying to install it as an NSP as well. I have gotten it to install with DBI, but I got a message saying it was corrupted and would not open. I've hears about these things called sigpatches? I put what I thought might be sigpatches onto my sd card, but that didnt change anything.

Attachments

• PXL_20211208_050615042.jpg
    PXL_20211208_050615042.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot (56).png
    Screenshot (56).png
    2 MB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot (57).png
    Screenshot (57).png
    2 MB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot (58).png
    Screenshot (58).png
    2 MB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot (59).png
    Screenshot (59).png
    2 MB · Views: 27

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’ve got sxOS and now the newest game releases aren’t working. What’s the easiest way to update my firmware so I can have access again? Providing a link with description would be ideal too. Thanks 👍

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I’ve got sxOS and now the newest game releases aren’t working. What’s the easiest way to update my firmware so I can have access again? Providing a link with description would be ideal too. Thanks 👍
Migrate over to atmosphere

I suggest following either of these guides

Guide 1
Guide 2

and patches from here

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sorry @BigOnYa ,repeat my question:if i have already installed Atmosphere with games and homebrew,if i want to install Android do i first have to make a backup of the whole sdcard or can i install it without doing anything?
Thanks in advance.
Note: as i do modding for others who are unable to modify their Switch,i ask to be sure not to mess with anything.

LegzRwheelz

Trophies
Scrolling here learning to mod my dishwasher
XP
Country
United States
Only starting Atmosphère won't get you banned. To wipe system logs, TegraExplorer has a full system wipe script which does wipe the logs.
That is awesome, thank you for the heads up! I'm looking into it in just a few minutes. Is there a specific version that has this feature or can I just run the latest version?

gnost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure the best way to present this question, so I'll do TL;DR and full context

TL;DR
DualBoot Stock SysNand & Atmosphere EmuNand(emmc?) CFW
Need to transfer a save file from Sys side to to Emu side.
Possible to boot Sys with Atmosphere to backup a save with Checkpoint? Is this a viable strategy

Full context:
There's apparently a bug in Checkpoint where it will not display the correct profile pic on bottom right. This bug got me to Restore a save on the wrong profile, overwriting some 150hour save, would be damn pleased to recover it. It's on the SysNand side.

I've attempted to follow some suggestions to change around Hekate ini configs to boot Sys in atmosphere, I am either doing this wrong or I do not know how to correctly change the configs, I keep booting into Emu. If it's as simple as some config changes that'd be the dream and just open Checkpoint on Sys to nab the save and restore on Emu Side

I have a rawbin backup from way back when, but not sure how to access the correct save files from saves/meta when mounted in HacDiskMount, and when attempting to mount the Switch in rcm mode through memloader I get a GPT error, not sure how to correct this. Similarly when in Tinfoil I can copy files from /user/ but i cannot write, perhaps read only? cannot find a config to make writable.

Thank you for any assistance in this.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just a quick one for someone who has some USB installation experience!

Whenever I load up Tinfoil it gives me an error prompt right off the bat which states:
  • ERROR
    Failed to enable DS
When selecting 'ok' from the prompt, another warning comes up stating:
  • ERROR
    Failed to initialize usbDs! 01F60000
OFW 13.0.0, AMS 1.1.1, and I THINK the Tinfoil I'm using is V8.1. can't actually see it in the app but I'm sure it popped up somewhere. If anyone could point me to the most recent version of it I'd be grateful, whether it be a homescreen install or the Applet version would be great.

I'm trying to install games from a USB HDD as I've got more than 150GB of games now so it's an absolute pain having to transfer some to the SD, Inject payload, Install them, then go back to the PC, transfer more inject payload and install them... etc.

If anyone could help me out with this I'd be greatly appreciative!

Last edited by MikeyTaylorGaming,

LegzRwheelz

Trophies
Scrolling here learning to mod my dishwasher
XP
Country
United States
The latest version is fine and includes the script.
Thank you for your reply, I looked it up right after telling you I was and see that it's been baked into the newest version, which is cool. So you have any other useful TegraExplorer scripts you could suggest? I googled them as I was going to bed and didn't find anything other than the dev's page talking about his repository and the reset script... The scripting language seems quite powerful from the documentation that he's provided, so I'm curious as to what I can drum up (I'm decent with AutoHotKey as well as AutoIt on Windows) as well as seeingwhat else has been released by others.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to install SMT V onto my switch after dumping it from my own cartridge to unlock the DLC, but I always get this error message every time I try installing with either Awoo or TinWoo. I get the exact same error when trying to install it as an NSP as well. I have gotten it to install with DBI, but I got a message saying it was corrupted and would not open. I've hears about these things called sigpatches? I put what I thought might be sigpatches onto my sd card, but that didnt change anything.
It seems like you don't have enough space to wherever you are trying to install it to.
Not sure the best way to present this question, so I'll do TL;DR and full context

TL;DR
DualBoot Stock SysNand & Atmosphere EmuNand(emmc?) CFW
Need to transfer a save file from Sys side to to Emu side.
Possible to boot Sys with Atmosphere to backup a save with Checkpoint? Is this a viable strategy

Full context:
There's apparently a bug in Checkpoint where it will not display the correct profile pic on bottom right. This bug got me to Restore a save on the wrong profile, overwriting some 150hour save, would be damn pleased to recover it. It's on the SysNand side.

I've attempted to follow some suggestions to change around Hekate ini configs to boot Sys in atmosphere, I am either doing this wrong or I do not know how to correctly change the configs, I keep booting into Emu. If it's as simple as some config changes that'd be the dream and just open Checkpoint on Sys to nab the save and restore on Emu Side

I have a rawbin backup from way back when, but not sure how to access the correct save files from saves/meta when mounted in HacDiskMount, and when attempting to mount the Switch in rcm mode through memloader I get a GPT error, not sure how to correct this. Similarly when in Tinfoil I can copy files from /user/ but i cannot write, perhaps read only? cannot find a config to make writable.

Thank you for any assistance in this.
Its relatively simple to make Hekate launch Atmosphere in sysMMC if you already have it setup to launch sysMMC. Make a new launch profile in the hekate_ipl.ini (name it sysMMC preferably to avoid confusion), copy the launch profile used for emuMMC, and set the emummc_enabled line to 0.
Just a quick one for someone who has some USB installation experience!

Whenever I load up Tinfoil it gives me an error prompt right off the bat which states:
  • ERROR
    Failed to enable DS
When selecting 'ok' from the prompt, another warning comes up stating:
  • ERROR
    Failed to initialize usbDs! 01F60000
OFW 13.0.0, AMS 1.1.1, and I THINK the Tinfoil I'm using is V8.1. can't actually see it in the app but I'm sure it popped up somewhere. If anyone could point me to the most recent version of it I'd be grateful, whether it be a homescreen install or the Applet version would be great.

I'm trying to install games from a USB HDD as I've got more than 150GB of games now so it's an absolute pain having to transfer some to the SD, Inject payload, Install them, then go back to the PC, transfer more inject payload and install them... etc.

If anyone could help me out with this I'd be greatly appreciative!
You can use TinWoo Installer to install them from your USB HDD.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can use TinWoo Installer to install them from your USB HDD.
Much appreciated, trying it out now!

I just installed Tinfoil 13, found a way in the end. Is it possible to download and install games that were previously installed using this App?

EDIT: Tried it out, when selecting Install over USB I just get 'USB HDD is not connected'

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry @BigOnYa ,repeat my question:if i have already installed Atmosphere with games and homebrew,if i want to install Android do i first have to make a backup of the whole sdcard or can i install it without doing anything?
Thanks in advance.
Note: as i do modding for others who are unable to modify their Switch,i ask to be sure not to mess with anything.
I don't use Android on Switch so I don't know but read thru the Switch Tutorials:
https://gbatemp.net/tutorials/

gnost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its relatively simple to make Hekate launch Atmosphere in sysMMC if you already have it setup to launch sysMMC. Make a new launch profile in the hekate_ipl.ini (name it sysMMC preferably to avoid confusion), copy the launch profile used for emuMMC, and set the emummc_enabled line to 0.

Hey! Thanks for the suggestion, mind taking a look at these configs, I tried and it still booted eMMC when choosing SysMMC in Hekate. Perhaps I do not have other things up to date here. Thanks for the assist!.

Attachments

• exosphere.txt
    234 bytes · Views: 29
  • hekate_ipl.txt
    443 bytes · Views: 35

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey! Thanks for the suggestion, mind taking a look at these configs, I tried and it still booted eMMC when choosing SysMMC in Hekate. Perhaps I do not have other things up to date here. Thanks for the assist!.
use this. sysmmc path and payload were wrong. exo file was fine.

Attachments

• hekate_ipl.txt
    430 bytes · Views: 50

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks in advance.
you have to wipe the sd because it needs to be partitioned. backup the cfw files, if you have a file based emunand then that too. if its partitioned based, backup saves, start over, and re download games once resetup

Last edited by Chaosta,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.