chocoswitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi guys!

When booting Atmosphere I get this error :

A fatal error occured when running Atmosphere.
Program ID : 010041544d53000
Error Desc: std::abort() called (0xffe)
Report saved to /atmosphere/fatal_errors/report_00000000008243988.bin

Last time I used the switch there was no problem and I did not modify it or the SD card since then.

Any guess on how to fix it please?

I'm running on emuMMC on SD card partition (brand new SD formated FAT32)

Thanks for your help :)

EDIT : I already tried fixing arch bit via hekate without success

Last edited by chocoswitch,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys!

When booting Atmosphere I get this error :

A fatal error occured when running Atmosphere.
Program ID : 010041544d53000
Error Desc: std::abort() called (0xffe)
Report saved to /atmosphere/fatal_errors/report_00000000008243988.bin

Last time I used the switch there was no problem and I did not modify it or the SD card since then.

Any guess on how to fix it please?

I'm running on emuMMC on SD card partition (brand new SD formated FAT32)

Thanks for your help :)

U a Mac user?

chocoswitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you can try these two mac apps

they ain't free though.

Luckily I have BlueHarvest, I tried without success, still getting same error.

Also tried sudo terminal lines found on the web for MAC Users in case:

sudo chflags -R arch /Volumes/SD/
sudo chflags -R noarch /Volumes/SD/*.*
sudo chflags -R noarch /Volumes/SD/*
sudo mdutil -i off /Volumes/SD/
sudo mdutil -E /Volumes/SD/
dot_clean -m /Volumes/SD/

That did not fix the issue as well.

Nym5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi all,

It's been a while since I've been trying to find an "easy for me to follow" way to convert my on files sx os emunand to atmosphere emuMMC.

Since every tutorial that I find is hard for me to understand or is already outdated, now I want to do it in a simple way and plan do do the following, as long as someone can confirm to me that it will work:

Backup only the saves of my current emunand (copying the save folder of my emutendo folder).
Backup my Nintendo folder (since I use sysnand to play online games)
Format SD card and do the process to create Atmo EmuMMC from zero.
Copy my saves back to my SD and manually reinstall my Emunand Games.

PS.: My Sysnand right now is on 11.0.1. Will this create any type incompatibility in this process?

Can anyone confirm to me if this process will work?

Last edited by Nym5,

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Hi all,

It's been a while since I've been trying to find an "easy for me to follow" way to convert my on files sx os emunand to atmosphere emuMMC.

Since every tutorial that I find is hard for me to understand or is already outdated, now I want to do it in a simple way and plan do do the following, as long as someone can confirm to me that it will work:

Backup only the saves of my current emunand (copying the save folder of my emutendo folder).
Backup my Nintendo folder (since I use sysnand to play online games)
Format SD card and do the process to create Atmo EmuMMC from zero.
Copy my saves back to my SD and manually reinstall my Emunand Games.

PS.: My Sysnand right now is on 11.0.1. Will this create any type incompatibility in this process?

Can anyone confirm to me if this process will work?
You dont have to format your SD card. You can reuse your SX EmuMMC in Atmosphere by creating the emummc\emummc.ini file with the correct content. I believe Hekate can do that for you. Then youcan change the path to the nintendo folder in the dame ini file so it uses \Emutendo or whatever the folder is called in SX OS.
I have never used SX OS so I don't know exactly how to do this I just read about it several times in the forums. Others might be able to help more. But unless you want to anyway you don't have to start from scratch.

Nym5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You dont have to format your SD card. You can reuse your SX EmuMMC in Atmosphere by creating the emummc\emummc.ini file with the correct content. I believe Hekate can do that for you. Then youcan change the path to the nintendo folder in the dame ini file so it uses \Emutendo or whatever the folder is called in SX OS.
I have never used SX OS so I don't know exactly how to do this I just read about it several times in the forums. Others might be able to help more. But unless you want to anyway you don't have to start from scratch.

Thank you for the help, but the problem is that I would need a tutorial to tell me exactly how to do all that.
I only used Hekate once (which was like 2 years ago when I created my emunand with SX) and I'm not very good at this hacking stuff, so I would need a tutorial to guide me through every step of doing this process.

That's why I decided to just delete everything and create a new Emunand from scratch for Atmo, because I can find lots of video teaching this part. If I can find a safe way to at least transfer my current saves to the new EmuMMC, I'm already ok with that.

Mizore

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Philippines
Hello everyone, I have a V1 Switch (Unpatched) that was running 8.1.0 (SysNAND) and 10.0.2/AMS 0.12.0/Kosmos (EmuNAND) a few hours ago but I successfully updated my emuNAND to 12.0.2/AMS 0.9.13 right now.

Everything worked well but for some reason I'm still getting the Kosmos boot screen when I go to my emuMMC and it shows a "failed to apply nosigch" error. It doesn't happen when I boot to my fusee-primary payload but is there any way to remove this? Thanks.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, I have a V1 Switch (Unpatched) that was running 8.1.0 (SysNAND) and 10.0.2/AMS 0.12.0/Kosmos (EmuNAND) a few hours ago but I successfully updated my emuNAND to 12.0.2/AMS 0.9.13 right now.

Everything worked well but for some reason I'm still getting the Kosmos boot screen when I go to my emuMMC and it shows a "failed to apply nosigch" error. It doesn't happen when I boot to my fusee-primary payload but is there any way to remove this? Thanks.
Nosigchk is a patch that is used to launch backups. Failing to apply it means that there is an issue with your patches. Since the patches are firmware-dependent and you updated your firmware, this leads me to believe that you did not update your patches alongside your firmware. You can download the latest patches from the pinned thread on this forum.

mojostyle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently ofw 10.0.1, and I just received my rcmjig loader.
I do plan on making a backup, and want to setup an emunand.
My question is do I update to the latest ofw first, or do I proceed with installing atmosphere on to the current firmware?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently ofw 10.0.1, and I just received my rcmjig loader.
I do plan on making a backup, and want to setup an emunand.
My question is do I update to the latest ofw first, or do I proceed with installing atmosphere on to the current firmware?
It doesn't matter when you update your sysMMC.

Reactions: mojostyle

izmpnd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello, I just bought an used Nintendo Switch console which came already with the SX OS in autoRCM mode.

Some info:

SX OS - 2.9.2
Switch FW - 8.1.0
SD card - 128 GB with some games installed via nsp.
I don't know if it's running on emuNAND, I have a folder named "emutendo" but in the album there's no EMUNAND written in the SX OS logo.

I could install Mario Kart without problems. But I can't install Animal Crossing, I tried two different nsp from different sources and I always get an error (the thumbnail is blank).

I don't know exactly what to do because I'm new to all this stuff. I read that maybe I should update the switch, but I don't know how to do it offline safely (I'm afraid of bricking or getting the SX OS to not work anymore)

If anyone could help me with instructions on how to get Animal Crossing to work, I'll be really grateful, I want to play it so badly :(

Last edited by izmpnd,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I just bought an used Nintendo Switch console which came already with the SX OS in autoRCM mode.

Some info:

SX OS - 2.9.2
Switch FW - 8.1.0
SD card - 128 GB with some games installed via nsp.
I don't know if it's running on emuNAND, I have a folder named "emutendo" but in the album there's no EMUNAND written in the SX OS logo.

I could install Mario Kart without problems. But I can't install Animal Crossing, I tried two different nsp from different sources and I always get an error (the thumbnail is blank).

I don't know exactly what to do because I'm new to all this stuff. I read that maybe I should update the switch, but I don't know how to do it offline safely (I'm afraid of bricking or getting the SX OS to not work anymore)

If anyone could help me with instructions on how to get Animal Crossing to work, I'll be really grateful, I want to play it so badly :(
You should at least do one of the following:
  1. Update to 11.0.0 (preferably while running Atmosphere and with Daybreak) and update to the latest 3.1.0 version of SX OS
  2. Ditch SX OS, move to Atmosphere with signature patches, and update the Switch's system version to 12.0.2 using Daybreak

izmpnd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You should at least do one of the following:
  1. Update to 11.0.0 (preferably while running Atmosphere and with Daybreak) and update to the latest 3.1.0 version of SX OS
  2. Ditch SX OS, move to Atmosphere with signature patches, and update the Switch's system version to 12.0.2 using Daybreak

Either way I'll have to install atmosphere right?
But I'm not sure if I'm using emuNAND or not, I watched some videos and there seems to be a difference in the process of installing atmosphere while having SX OS if you use emuNAND or sysNAND.

How can I be sure if I use emuNAND? I have a folder named emutendo but when I open the album, the SX OS logo doesn't have EMUNAND written on it.

DeadliestFox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi!

I have a Switch running 9.2.0 with SX OS (Using their dongle to get into the modded version). I haven't used my switch in forever as seen by my FW update. My question is. How do I update to the latest 12.0 and do I need to use Atmosphere since I heard that SX is not working and won't really bed updated.

I don't care much about my saves as I have them all backed up so a full system restore is an option I don't mind considering if needed. My switch is linked to my account though I am console banned fully.

Any help on how I can update my console and still get into CFW? Also I don't have the little thing you slide in the right joycon place anymore. Lost somewhere. Do I need to buy another one?

Last edited by DeadliestFox,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I like how these earbuds put on a light show like PAIR ME PAIR ME