Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I have installed my game on switch, but how do I install cheats?
Cheats are largely game-specific so you will have to research the specific games you want to cheat in and what exactly you want to cheat then check if someone has already made it otherwise you will have to make it yourself.

Either way I'll have to install atmosphere right?
But I'm not sure if I'm using emuNAND or not, I watched some videos and there seems to be a difference in the process of installing atmosphere while having SX OS if you use emuNAND or sysNAND.

How can I be sure if I use emuNAND? I have a folder named emutendo but when I open the album, the SX OS logo doesn't have EMUNAND written on it.
SX OS has a pretty straightforward method of installing emuNAND via the emuNAND button on their menu. If you have never interacted with that feature, then its safe to say you do not have emuNAND.

Hi!

I have a Switch running 9.2.0 with SX OS (Using their dongle to get into the modded version). I haven't used my switch in forever as seen by my FW update. My question is. How do I update to the latest 12.0 and do I need to use Atmosphere since I heard that SX is not working and won't really bed updated.

I don't care much about my saves as I have them all backed up so a full system restore is an option I don't mind considering if needed. My switch is linked to my account though I am console banned fully.

Any help on how I can update my console and still get into CFW?
You don't need to update to the latest firmware. No games or other content require it. In fact, I've heard pretty much everything works on firmware 11.X. Either way, you can use the homebrew application Daybreak to update your firmware which comes with vanilla Atmosphere by default. Eventually though, unless TX updates their CFW, you will need to switch to Atmosphere if you want to update your firmware past 11.X which you will need for newer content. If you need a guide for switching from SX OS to Atmosphere, you can follow this guide.

Ratatattat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a non patched original switch that came with 4.1.0 and has only been online once to download MK8 purchased.
I have blocked all future updates and installed SXOS now at version 3.1 using hidden sector loaded with firmware 11.0.0.
My understanding is that this is the highest firmware version that SXOS can use. I have added Atmosphere V 19.3. which is using 4.1 firmware. What i don't get is how to update atmosphere firmware to 12.02 ?. I don't really want to update the original system firmware beyond 4.1 because I don't use RCM and I don't want my fuses to be burnt or my card slot software to be updated. Any suggestions? What happens if I upgrade firmware while in Atmosphere? Does that also upgrade original firmware?

Spirou1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I recently bought my Switch that already came with SXOS already installed in it, but I decided to migrate to atmosphere.
I followed a guide on how to migrate from SXOS to Atmosphere and, everything went smoothly but whenever I try to launch atmosphere from the hekate menu, my screen just goes black and nothing happens. The only thing I can do is go back to the hekate menu. Any help?

izmpnd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
SX OS has a pretty straightforward method of installing emuNAND via the emuNAND button on their menu. If you have never interacted with that feature, then its safe to say you do not have emuNAND.

The thing is, I bought it with SX OS already installed. I've never interacted with it because It wasn't me who did the configuration of SX OS. The only thing I know is that I have a folder called emutendo, but there's no EMUNAND written in the album.

Someone said that I may have a emuNAND but I didn't boot on it. This is all new to me so I don't know which method or which guide I should use.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a non patched original switch that came with 4.1.0 and has only been online once to download MK8 purchased.
I have blocked all future updates and installed SXOS now at version 3.1 using hidden sector loaded with firmware 11.0.0.
My understanding is that this is the highest firmware version that SXOS can use. I have added Atmosphere V 19.3. which is using 4.1 firmware. What i don't get is how to update atmosphere firmware to 12.02 ?. I don't really want to update the original system firmware beyond 4.1 because I don't use RCM and I don't want my fuses to be burnt or my card slot software to be updated. Any suggestions? What happens if I upgrade firmware while in Atmosphere? Does that also upgrade original firmware?
You could make a second emuMMC that is exclusively reserved for Atmosphere that is on the latest firmware. This will not burn your anti-downgrade fuses and your cartridge slot fuse as long as you are using the nogc patch. Nogc is applied differently depending if you are using Hekate or fusee_primary to launch Atmosphere.

I recently bought my Switch that already came with SXOS already installed in it, but I decided to migrate to atmosphere.
I followed a guide on how to migrate from SXOS to Atmosphere and, everything went smoothly but whenever I try to launch atmosphere from the hekate menu, my screen just goes black and nothing happens. The only thing I can do is go back to the hekate menu. Any help?
What guide did you follow? Also, are you chainloading into fusee_primary from Hekate in order to launch Atmosphere or are you booting directly via fss0?

The thing is, I bought it with SX OS already installed. I've never interacted with it because It wasn't me who did the configuration of SX OS. The only thing I know is that I have a folder called emutendo, but there's no EMUNAND written in the album.

Someone said that I may have a emuNAND but I didn't boot on it. This is all new to me so I don't know which method or which guide I should use.
My apologies. Alright, in order to check to see if you have emuNAND or not, you can check via the SX OS menu, not the one from the Album. When you launch SX OS, hold volume (-) to enter the SX OS menu and you will whether it is enabled or not.

Spirou1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What guide did you follow? Also, are you chainloading into fusee_primary from Hekate in order to launch Atmosphere or are you booting directly via fss0?
I was going to link the guide but I couldn't, anyways. I am trying to get SX OS and Atmosphere to work simultaneosuly and, everything goes fine until I try to launch the fusee_primary payload via the Hekate so I can boot into Atmosphere. All it does is give me a black screen and nothing else. I've tried changing my SD card to FAT32 but it didn't work. Anything I could be doing wrong?

izmpnd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My apologies. Alright, in order to check to see if you have emuNAND or not, you can check via the SX OS menu, not the one from the Album. When you launch SX OS, hold volume (-) to enter the SX OS menu and you will whether it is enabled or not.

I entered the SX OS menu but I'm not sure, this is all I get:

IMG_20210605_174359.jpg IMG_20210605_174439.jpg

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was going to link the guide but I couldn't, anyways. I am trying to get SX OS and Atmosphere to work simultaneosuly and, everything goes fine until I try to launch the fusee_primary payload via the Hekate so I can boot into Atmosphere. All it does is give me a black screen and nothing else. I've tried changing my SD card to FAT32 but it didn't work. Anything I could be doing wrong?
If fusee_primary is not working, then maybe you should try giving Hekate/fss0 a chance. In order to do that, you can download a custom Atmosphere build from SDSetup that will allow you to launch into Atmosphere via Hekate without fusee_primary. It will also not conflict with any of the steps you took for converting from SX OS to Atmosphere.

I entered the SX OS menu but I'm not sure, this is all I get:

View attachment 265767 View attachment 265766
I want to say it is not enabled because it would normally say emuNAND is enabled above the "Boot custom FW" option. Just to be safe, you can try clicking the delete emuNAND option to see if it does anything. If you don't have emuNAND, it won't do anything and if you do have it, well I doubt there was anything you wanted to keep.

izmpnd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I want to say it is not enabled because it would normally say emuNAND is enabled above the "Boot custom FW" option. Just to be safe, you can try clicking the delete emuNAND option to see if it does anything. If you don't have emuNAND, it won't do anything and if you do have it, well I doubt there was anything you wanted to keep.

thank you for your reply.

Some people on discord suggested that I should migrate from SX OS to atmosphere, since SX OS seems unlikely to get any updates in the future. As it seems I was not on emuNAND they also recommended doing a system wipe (in the last section suchmememanyskill. github.io/ guides/ unbrick/)

After the system wipe procces, I would have to follow this guide to install atmosphere:
nh-server. github. io/ switch-guide/

I still have some questions:

Those guides are safe to follow?

I already have autoRCM installed, will I lose it in this process?

After installing the atmosphere, what should I do to update the FW? I saw some people commenting to use Daybreak instead of choidujour. Is it ok?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you for your reply.

Some people on discord suggested that I should migrate from SX OS to atmosphere, since SX OS seems unlikely to get any updates in the future. As it seems I was not on emuNAND they also recommended doing a system wipe (in the last section suchmememanyskill. github.io/ guides/ unbrick/)

After the system wipe procces, I would have to follow this guide to install atmosphere:
nh-server. github. io/ switch-guide/

I still have some questions:

Those guides are safe to follow?

I already have autoRCM installed, will I lose it in this process?

After installing the atmosphere, what should I do to update the FW? I saw some people commenting to use Daybreak instead of choidujour. Is it ok?
I'd recommend following this guide for setting up Atmosphere instead. If you already have AutoRCM installed, it shouldn't be disabled while following the guide. And I would not recommend using ChoiDujour to update firmware anyway since it only supports up to firmware 6.1

Reactions: izmpnd

Spirou1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If fusee_primary is not working, then maybe you should try giving Hekate/fss0 a chance. In order to do that, you can download a custom Atmosphere build from that will allow you to launch into Atmosphere via Hekate without fusee_primary. It will also not conflict with any of the steps you took for converting from SX OS to Atmosphere.
I tried to download a custom Atmosphere build but it got me the same results. Also, I didn't quite understand what is fss0 and how I can use it.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to download a custom Atmosphere build but it got me the same results. Also, I didn't quite understand what is fss0 and how I can use it.
Instead of linking the guide, maybe give me the name of it so I can look it up myself. Also please don't make a thread when I am trying to help you here. Request for it to be deleted or I will no longer offer any assistance.

Spirou1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Instead of linking the guide, maybe give me the name of it so I can look it up myself. Also please don't make a thread when I am trying to help you here. Request for it to be deleted or I will no longer offer any assistance.
I'm sorry, I was just trying to see if more people were willing to help me. But anyways, the guide that I followed was named
[Tutorial] From SX OS to Atmosphere
I got to the end of the guide and chose to follow the Atmosphere and SX OS part. That's when I was trying to launch fusee-primary.bin but with no success.

GSR325

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I appreciate the help, but if they are on my pc I have to split them because they are large files, is that possible on pc?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I appreciate the help, but if they are on my pc I have to split them because they are large files, is that possible on pc?
They only have to be split if you are manually placing them on your SD card. USB installation is different than manually placing the files. The Nintendo Switch automatically splits any games or content larger than 4 GB that is installed to it. For example, you can download games larger than 4 GB on the eShop even if your SD card is FAT32. The same applies to USB installs.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You can do game install via usb or over network, usb would be faster out of the two, you don't have to split file size if you are not putting files on SD to install.

elvergon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Greetings, I'm not sure if im doing anything wrong, I have my 250gb microSD Card with all my games installed and everything works shows in the menu, the only problem im having with that one is that I need to inject hakate or a payload in order to be able to turn on the switch, no idea why, but the main issue is that I upgraded my SD card to a 512gb, a basically copy and paste into my new microsd and it didnt worked, I went ahead and follow the steps to create a new emuMMC on the new SD Card with the partition, and then just copy and paste the data from the 250gb to the 512gb, it turns on when I inject the payload, but it wont show any games on the menu, the 250gb does shows the game, 512gb doesnt, any help would be appreciated, i'm a bit lost here, and also with the switch not turning on without injecting a payload could help, thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: See ya