Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Munchl4x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Applet mode is what happens when you open the homebrew menu via an applet such as the Gallery. Applet mode has always been there but there was never visual confirmation until recently.

Sounds like AutoRCM is enabled.

pretty sure I checked it wasn’t on autoRCM but when I boot it now it just goes syraight onto crow I don’t get the sxos menu anymore

AleDrake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Setup emuMMC first then restore your clean NAND backup.

There's no reason to update to firmware 10.0 for CFW>
Sorry i have another question. In order to remove the CFW on my SysNAND I'm thinking to wipe everything because is a mess and i want restart from zero. I'll keep my Sysnand on 6.2.0 because for the moment i don't play on it.
I'm thinking to follow these steps, can you please tell me if they are corrected?
1) Disable AutoRCM that was enabled by choidujournx
2) Restoring the clean 6.2.0 rawnand.bin, BOOT0 and BOOT1 using Hekate
3) Formatting my micro SD with the Sysnand CFW files (i don't want to backup saves games etc)
4) Now i can start to modify my Switch creating Emunad from 6.0.2 Sysnand (i don't want to update Sysnand for now)
5) After the Emunand is created and ready to be used, i'll update it using choidujournx to 9.2.0

Is this right? Can someone please give me the ok before starting? Thank you

Last edited by AleDrake,

deejaybenji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Very new here but I spent a few hours sorting all of my Switch out - I'm using a Mac too if it makes any difference.

I managed to 'smash the stack' using Fusee after downloading a custom noob memory card file, this was originally to be used with tinfoil but this does not work for me at all despite several attempts, I can't seem to get it working.

I managed to instead use Gold Leaf as this was pre installed and successfully managed to install a ncp file, however when I turn my console off and re power up I lose my cfw and the console is back in original FW, I have to put it back into RCM and re-smash for the Hekate menus to come back up where I can then launch and re-play.

Can anyone point me in the right direction and assist me with this so I don't have to keep doing this each time? I'm trying to back up my library of 10 physical games so I don't have to keep swapping the game cartridges but when the CFW keeps reverting this isn't working how I would like it to, I'm sure it's something really simple though...

Thanks!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pretty sure I checked it wasn’t on autoRCM but when I boot it now it just goes syraight onto crow I don’t get the sxos menu anymore
Once you activate SX OS, it boots straight into the CFW and skips the initial menu.

Sorry i have another question. In order to remove the CFW on my SysNAND I'm thinking to wipe everything because is a mess and i want restart from zero. I'll keep my Sysnand on 6.2.0 because for the moment i don't play on it.
I'm thinking to follow these steps, can you please tell me if they are corrected?
2) Restoring the clean 6.2.0 rawnand.bin, BOOT0 and BOOT1 using Hekate
3) Formatting my micro SD with the Sysnand CFW files (i don't want to backup saves games etc)
4) Now i can start to modify my Switch creating Emunad from 6.0.2 Sysnand (i don't want to update Sysnand for now)
5) After the Emunand is created and ready to be used, i'll update it using choidujournx to 9.2.0

Is this right? Can someone please give me the ok before starting? Thank you
Why not make the emuMMC before wiping everything? You'll lose all your save data and installed games if you do so.
Hi all,

Very new here but I spent a few hours sorting all of my Switch out - I'm using a Mac too if it makes any difference.

I managed to 'smash the stack' using Fusee after downloading a custom noob memory card file, this was originally to be used with tinfoil but this does not work for me at all despite several attempts, I can't seem to get it working.

I managed to instead use Gold Leaf as this was pre installed and successfully managed to install a ncp file, however when I turn my console off and re power up I lose my cfw and the console is back in original FW, I have to put it back into RCM and re-smash for the Hekate menus to come back up where I can then launch and re-play.

Can anyone point me in the right direction and assist me with this so I don't have to keep doing this each time? I'm trying to back up my library of 10 physical games so I don't have to keep swapping the game cartridges but when the CFW keeps reverting this isn't working how I would like it to, I'm sure it's something really simple though...

Thanks!
That's how the exploit works. It is a tethered coldboot. There is no untethered coldboot exploit for the Switch. The closest you can achieve requires soldering an internal modchip. Otherwise you can just use Sleep mode.

is there anyway for me on asmos/kosmos to use hbgshop without it messing with my setings etc?
Don't use HBGShop, plain and simple.

Hello, i am new to switch. How do i know is my switch can be jailbroken or not?
You check the serial number here.

Reactions: AleDrake

AleDrake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Why not make the emuMMC before wiping everything? You'll lose all your save data and installed games if you do so.
I would like to lose everything and start from a clean situation because the console with the CFW was used by another person and all the data on it are not mine. This is the reason why i want to wipe all before making emuMMC.
I hope my steps here are correct:
2) Restoring the clean 6.2.0 rawnand.bin, BOOT0 and BOOT1 using Hekate (i have exactly 8 burnt fuses)

Last edited by AleDrake,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to lose everything and start from a clean situation because the console with the CFW was used by another person and all the data on it are not mine. This is the reason why i want to wipe all before making emuMMC.
I hope my step here are correct:
2) Restoring the clean 6.2.0 rawnand.bin, BOOT0 and BOOT1 using Hekate (i have exactly 8 burnt fuses)
Alright if that's what you want. Those steps are fine.

Reactions: AleDrake

deejaybenji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks Draxzelex

Gotcha, makes sense.

So in a nutshell do not turn the console off, just put it into rest mode from now onwards otherwise I'll have to do the exploit again.

A friend of mine said about booting the console into safe mode every time you turn it off by the power so you can then go through the method of loading fusee, is this not the case without a chip then?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Draxzelex

Gotcha, makes sense.

So in a nutshell do not turn the console off, just put it into rest mode from now onwards otherwise I'll have to do the exploit again.

A friend of mine said about booting the console into safe mode every time you turn it off by the power so you can then go through the method of loading fusee, is this not the case without a chip then?
Every time the console is turned off, a payload has to be resent. I have no idea what your friend is referring to by "safe mode". There is a maintenance mode menu used for clearing pending system updates but there is no way of achieving untethered coldboot without an internal modchip.

deejaybenji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Haha neither did I so thought I'd ask.

So best bet is to keep it charged and just put it on standby instead of a full power down each time :)

ExtremeSour

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. Question.

I've had CFW for as long as it's been available. Always boot into it. I just want to confirm that it is not possible for me to move my current setup to a dual sysNAND/emuNAND combination, right?

Redaxxc

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi guys i have a question, i want to play animal crossing on my 8.1.0 ams 0.10.5 Switch and every time I Start the game the switch tells me an Error has occured (without error code ) and im back in the main Menu. Do i have to Update my Firmware to fix this ? All games work fine but not animal crossing. When i have to Update to 9.2 ams 0.10.5 does Retroarch still work on this Version then ? A buddy of mine has updated his Switch by accident and the Button Input doesnt work on homebrew anymore

Redaxxc

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi guys i have a question, i want to play animal crossing on my 8.1.0 ams 0.10.5 Switch and every time I Start the game the switch tells me an Error has occured (without error code ) and im back in the main Menu. Do i have to Update my Firmware to fix this ? All games work fine but not animal crossing. When i have to Update to 9.2 ams 0.10.5 does Retroarch still work on this Version then ? A buddy of mine has updated his Switch by accident and the Button Input doesnt work on homebrew anymore

Redaxxc

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Hypnecroid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using TegraRcmGUI to mount eMMC rawNAND and using the old key dump to mount the Switch as a physical disk on PC still works with Switch FW 10.0.

Does anyone know if decrypting/encrypting save files will need a new key dump or is a successful HacDiskMount proof that the old key dump is still fine?

*EDIT* Answering my own questions and asking a different one.

Last edited by Hypnecroid,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. Question.

I've had CFW for as long as it's been available. Always boot into it. I just want to confirm that it is not possible for me to move my current setup to a dual sysNAND/emuNAND combination, right?
Its possible. You can setup emuMMC at any time.

Animal Crossing requires a firmware of 9.X

Using TegraRcmGUI to mount eMMC rawNAND and using the old key dump to mount the Switch as a physical disk on PC still works with Switch FW 10.0.

Does anyone know if decrypting/encrypting save files will need a new key dump or is a successful HacDiskMount proof that the old key dump is still fine?

*EDIT* Answering my own questions and asking a different one.
Biskeys will never change unless you really fuck up the console by injecting a NAND dump from another console.

Pingvin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, I have a problem here.

Yesterday I updated my switch to the latest version (10.0.0) through the OFW (9.2). I use Hekate and Atmosphere so I can play pirated games through the emuMMC, and whenever I wanted to play my official games online I simply turned off my switch and turned it back on, no problem.
The thing is, yesterday when I updated to the 10.0.0 version I panicked (still don't know why) and the first thing that I did was restoring my clean NAND file (it is a 9.2 version, no CFW installed). So now I'm stuck in here. I'm scared of turning my switch on as I normally would, what happens if it detects that I have 13 burnt fuses? Will I be banned?

Thanks in advance for all of your help. I know it's a dumb problem that I brought up upon myself but damn,

contactmonks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The update nag got me and i updated to FW 10.

I want to downgrade to the previous firmware but i like to know if theres a proper guide for it.

I got a copy of the following:

Rawnand backup (bin 00 to 14)
Boot0 and Boot1
prod.keys

Is there anything else i need (to backup) before proceeding?

Thanks in advance!

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Reactions: contactmonks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users