Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

lovefool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
total noob here, i'm able to run hekate and launch atmosphere but after the atmosphere title screens it just reverts back to the normal switch software. pressing r + album doesn't open the homebrew apps, it just opens the normal album. please help!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mac but i can switch to a pc if i need to
Basically you're suffering from the archive bits issue. The Switch folder currently has the archive bit enabled which is preventing the homebrew menu from loading the applications inside. MacOS does this automatically unfortunately. All you have to do is unset the archive bit from the Switch folder. This can be accomplished any number of ways such as doing it straight from a Mac, using Windows to unset it, or using the archive bit fix in Hekate.

Brando72

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Restore the PRODINFO that Incognito wiped. If you do not have a backup, you have banned yourself. And you can trade Pokemon locally as long as they are legitimate. Finally, as the site suggests, please refrain from double posting.

thanks!!

hmm im not sure where my prodinfo is. is it like a txt document?
is it even worth it? should i just leave it as everything is working fine right now?

Last edited by Brando72,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks!!

hmm im not sure where my prodinfo is. is it like a txt document?
is it even worth it? should i just leave it as everything is working fine right now?
PRODINFO contains all of your console-unique information including giving the console the ability to go online and connect with Nintendo's servers. Without it, you cannot to Nintendo's servers and use their services.

Brando72

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PRODINFO contains all of your console-unique information including giving the console the ability to go online and connect with Nintendo's servers. Without it, you cannot to Nintendo's servers and use their services.

so if i dont care about nintendo servers, no problem with what my set up is then.

im pretty sure restoring my back up would restore prodinfo wont it?

also, thank you!

LordKurisu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
what's bad about incognito? I haven't seen that.. I'm currently using Incognito_RCM and I haven't noticed any adverse effects

I'm pretty sure you can trade Pokemon's from your cfw locally as long as they are legal Pokemon

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what's bad about incognito? I haven't seen that.. I'm currently using Incognito_RCM and I haven't noticed any adverse effects

I'm pretty sure you can trade Pokemon's from your cfw locally as long as they are legal Pokemon

Incognito and Incognito_RCM are written by two different people, Incognito was written by Blawar, known for including unwanted software in his other programs such as tinfoil. Incognito_RCM is written by someone else without the bloatware.

Reactions: LordKurisu

LordKurisu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Incognito and Incognito_RCM are written by two different people, Incognito was written by Blawar, known for including unwanted software in his other programs such as tinfoil. Incognito_RCM is written by someone else without the bloatware.
Ah ok thank you.. So we should not use anything from Blawar?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah ok thank you.. So we should not use anything from Blawar?

I'm not saying we are not supposed to use it, just that some people on the forum don't support Blawar work, not like he is a bad programmer but he doesn't work with the users, he causes more trouble than he helps the community. His Tinfoil build is enough headaches for Kosmos CFW pack users.

Reactions: LordKurisu

lovefool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
trying to use sx os and it will load the main sx os screen but once i hit "boot custom fw" my screen goes black. all i have on my sd card are boot.dat, sxdumper.nro and license.dat . please help!

Game_Boy_Adv-Ace-nced

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. Unless you are really rough with the pins, the chances of damaging the Switch are low
  2. You will most likely have to use a different device to send payloads
  3. You do not need a USB-C cable unless you are using a MacOS computer

1. So as long as I'm gentle with the Rail Pins and avoid touching Pin #4, I should be fine, right? I've been kind of afraid to test getting my Switch into RCM until I have a reliable way of sending a Payload (do to the possibility of bricking because of Pin 4), but I guess I should start practicing.

2. I see. Looks like I'm either going to need to find out what's wrong with the laptop and repair it, or try to find if I have anything else lying around the house that I can use instead. Maybe I'll ask my Older Siblings if they have any old Android Phones with USB-C ports that I can use (though I'm not optimistic; they usually only upgrade phones when something goes wrong with the one the were using, and anything that still works and functions properly they either resell to make back some extra cash, or keep for themselves to use as a "backup."). Though a thought DID occur to me last night: I know you can send the Hax Payload using Linux, and I hear you can set up Linux on a Wii. How would I go about doing so? Would it require any special tools or peripherals? And, most importantly, would the Wii be Powerful and Capable enough to send the Payload to the Switch in the first place?

3. I have a bunch of USB-A to Micro-USB cables lying around the house; however, I don't know which ones are Transfer Cables and which ones are Charging-Only. How do I tell the difference? I know that some cords I plugged into the laptop would allow me to access a device's file system, while others would only allow me to charge it, but since my laptop only boots up successfully in Safe Mode, I have no way of testing this now...

Last edited by Game_Boy_Adv-Ace-nced,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Ahhhh ok