1. Tackskull

Tackskull GBAtemp Regular

France
    Guys, there is a mod for final fantasy 7,8 or 9 on the switch to play with HD environments? I don't like to play with HD characters and with low resolution environments

2. M4gneton

M4gneton Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
    I tried to start Pokemon shield (from cartridge) while into emunand, but it gave an error. "unable to launch, try from home" how to fix it?
    thanks

Last edited by M4gneton, Jan 10, 2020
  3. MarleH

MarleH Newbie
    Newcomer

Have a question about my legit saves. If I dump a cartridge or download a game on cfw can I use my legit saves?

4. ShakeSoft

ShakeSoft Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Well my switch is the older version so it's definitely still not under warranty. I've thought of just paying for their repair but I've heard they sometimes replace the system with a new version which would render my hacking ability null. I wonder if you should just try to fix myself or bite the bullet and see if they can repair without replace.

5. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Hard to tell if it is fixable or not without any pictures and if you ran CFW on the unit they will refuse to service it.

6. ShakeSoft

ShakeSoft Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    So even if I ran emunand and am not banned they will still know? If so I guess my next course of action would be to pop it open and check it out. In the case that they would not know if I ran cfw with the new laws will they refuse If I have opened the device up?

7. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    They would probably service it if it was open up, but if there was trace of CFW usage they probably won't not service it, since you breach term of service.

8. DannyH1989

DannyH1989 Newbie
    Newcomer

Austria
    I'm planning to purchase a used unpatched switch and I was wondering if there's any way to check if the console has been banned before I hand over the money.

9. Qaaz

Qaaz Member
    Newcomer

Greece
    Hello don’t know if this is the right place to ask this but I have 2 Switch one clean and one on Atmosphere and such.

I have a clean save on the clean Switch and I dumped the cartridge with NXdumptool to make a second save file to use the PKHex there on the Atmosphere Switch. After the update yesterday on 1.1 it needs update to even local trades so what I do? Is there a way to dump again with the update included? Should I connect on the internet and just update the game? Even Switch itself isn’t on latest firmware but I can do it with ChoiDujourNX

Any other option?

10. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Have the seller load the eShop.

I believe NXDumptool and/or Goldleaf can dump updates.

DannyH1989 likes this.
  11. NANASHI89

NANASHI89 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Is there a PDF viewer for Switch?

12. koenergy

koenergy Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Is there a way to block Nintendo servers when going online if I'm using a wired connection?

13. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    I think the tos says that they have to honor a warranty if the sticker had been removed (console had been opened). that's for all 3 I believe. I know that the 360 had a recent changes to the terms of service where they had to still fix your system if it had been opened. if you damaged something, it probably wouldn't be covered under warranty, only if the warranty stick had been removed I'd presume. on the 360, I think it came in the form of a new update. anyway, I'm sure nintendo could reject service if there was proof you had messed with the software/hardware, 'cause I think the opening up the system is the only thing covered under warranty.

if you need your system to be fixed (under warranty), I'd get rid of the evidence by reflashing the original stock firmware. chances are that you'll be getting a new system. I'm sure nintendo probably just takes one that's been fixed off the shelf. it's probably not too likely you'll get the same system back. I had that happen to me as I recorded the serial number. I did in fact get a different system, but it was an unpatched one. that was about five months after patched ones hit the market.

edit: I forgot to mention that this was a legit system, and it had never been opened.

Last edited by godreborn, Jan 11, 2020
  14. sallos9812

sallos9812 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Is there any way to run Android using the existing micro sd card?

15. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    That sounds like a very vague error. Can you be more specific?

Saves are stored on the console, not the cartridge.

90DNS, SX OS Stealth Mode, or Incognito. Take your pick.

16. Z32TT

Z32TT Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I need some help. I updated from 6.1.0 to 9.1.0 using ChoiDujourNX the update said it was successful but on reboot, I get stuck in Hekate. I made a mistake that I realized after as I have updated my emummc not sysnand. When i boot sysnand i get a very quick message " unknown pkg1 version". However my emummc is 6.1.0 and i still boot into that. Help will appreciated

Attached Files:

17. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Did you update Hekate and your CFW files?

18. Z32TT

Z32TT Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Yes, i did. I did all that before i started firmware update.

19. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Well either you did not or you didn't update properly.

20. Z32TT

Z32TT Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    That was what i thought so i tried to update again new sd card and all.

Last edited by Z32TT, Jan 11, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - questions, PARADISE, SWITCH