United Kingdom
    I think haku33 might do what you need

Adr990 likes this.
  2. Ace88

Ace88 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    Hi all,

i hacked my switch when I the System Firmware was on 9.0.1 --> using Kosmos/atmosphere. I use my switch as an offline device.

In order to play some newer releases I'd like to update my system to the latest firmware. Can someone please confirm/comment if the steps I intend to do are correct?

1) Update the custom firmware via ChoiDojourNX to 9.1.0
    2) Copy the latest Kosmos/Atmosphere package on my SD-Card
    3) Copy the latest FS and ES-patches on my SD-Card
    4) start the system with the latest TegraRCMGui and the latest fusee primary bin

I guess there is no need to repeat
    -dump fuses
    -dump tsec
    -run lockpick rcm

right?

I'm very thankfull for any help

brgds

3. Pronche

Pronche Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    If I remove the Nintendo account that I use in the sysNAND from the emuNAND, will it delete it from the sysNAND too?

4. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    If you mean you're formatting the system while connected to the internet, then it will be disconnected from Nintendo's end everywhere. However, the account will still be present on the emuNAND, albeit it won't work with Nintendo's online services. You should be blocking Nintendo's servers with 90DNS and/or Incognito with a dirty emuNAND anyway.

5. Pronche

Pronche Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    Wait, why can't I just dissociate my sysNAND's Nintendo Account from my emuNAND? I need to format my emuNAND to remove the Nintendo account? And I already have 90dns on my emuNAND

6. Z32TT

Z32TT Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Can someone point me to a to restore my sysnand?

7. DannyH1989

DannyH1989 Newbie
    Newcomer

Austria
    If I use the built-in factory settings restoration feature will it clean all traces of CFW/homebrew? And would save files from before the reset carry traces of CFW/homebrew with them if I restore the backup after resetting to console to factory settings?

8. Fairlyodd

Fairlyodd Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    If I download an nsp file from the internet and install it on my system, should I be able to launch the homebrew menu through it? Holding R and selecting the album works, but using it through that method tends to crash sometimes and I'm completely unable to run N64 games through Retroarch for (seemingly?) this reason. It doesn't work holding R and launching an installed game for some reason, though, and I'm not sure if it's supposed to. If it should, any idea what the issue could be?

9. JonnyIsSPec

JonnyIsSPec Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hi I have a switch that is unpatched and was wondering how to hack it but all the tutorials i find online are using a PC or windows which i don't have cause I'm a mac user. Does anyone know a tutorial or can explain to me step by step on how to hack my switch by using a mac please?

10. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    If you already have 90DNS on your emuMMC, then it won't be able to connect to Nintendo's servers anyway. Plus it is worse to not have an account linked than to have one linked as certain games require a linked Nintendo Account in order to launch.

Just restore it with Hekate.

No and yes.

What is the error code you receive exactly?

Not sure what guides you're looking at but competent guides have sections for all types of computers such as this one.

DannyH1989 and Pronche like this.
  11. Z32TT

Z32TT Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Is there a guide to restoring in Hekate?

12. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Just drop the files in your /backup/(eMMC serial number)/restore folder and restore them via Hekate. If you're restoring individual partitions such as eMMC SYS and/or USER, they go in the partitions folder.

13. Z32TT

Z32TT Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    When I backed up my switch I was on 3.0.0. I then took all the files and put them on my wife's computer. How do I know which one's are the correct files to put in the restore folder. I tried putting the whole backup folder on my sd card and it failed. I will be trying this again when I get home. Sent from the mobile client - Forum Talker

14. serenewarfare

serenewarfare Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Asked a while ago, but never got an answer. My Switch won't sync the correct time online anymore. Is there any way to fix that? It is banned but it's been banned for a while and the time sync has worked fine.

15. Davey159
    This message by Davey159 has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Jan 13, 2020, Reason: Offtopic.
    Jan 13, 2020
  16. Fairlyodd

Fairlyodd Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    When it crashes, it's 2168-0001 (0x2a8). I read another post elsewhere from someone with the same problem saying running the homebrew menu through a game/app (instead of the album) fixed it. But when I hold R and attempt to launch a game, the game launches normally. I just wasn't sure if this was due to it being a game I downloaded as opposed to something legitimate.

EDIT: Found a workaround to my original problem, just installed the Retroarch forwarder nsp and it seems to have solved my issues. Still not sure why I can't launch the homebrew menu through a game, but it doesn't really matter anymore, hah.

Last edited by Fairlyodd, Jan 13, 2020
    Draxzelex likes this.
  17. DannyH1989

DannyH1989 Newbie
    Newcomer

Austria
    Is there currently any way to edit save files and injecting them back in without getting banned?

18. zRoy

zRoy Newbie
    Newcomer

Chile
    is incognito safe? or i just need 90 dns to use wifi on emummc?

Last edited by zRoy, Jan 13, 2020
  19. pork_qpine

pork_qpine Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Ok sooooo... on a scale of 1 to 10 how hopeless is my switch? I got it for christmas (best gift since my laptop 2 years ago, point blank) meaning it's just under a month fresh from the box. I remember some sort of website(?) that could tell you whether or not your switch was viable for CFW based on the serial code.
    The only thing is I don't have my switch with me at the moment (I'm at school in study hall) so I can't check the serial code. Any idea if there are workarounds in progress to at least get retroarch on the switch?

20. LordKurisu

LordKurisu Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Best guess would be that its not hackable (i.e. patched) since its so new but when you are able, either check the serial or try to inject a payload and you will know for sure

pork_qpine likes this.
  21. DannyH1989

DannyH1989 Newbie
    Newcomer

Austria
    Is it a red box? If I'm not wrong those are all patched. Do you know the firmware it's at?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - questions, PARADISE, SWITCH