Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the quick response. Any chance of it making it to free release? Or is it solely SX OS?

Team Reswitched doesn't support warez so I doubt they will actually add HDD support for game installation, even though Xortroll was going to work on one, it has no ETA yet, so if you really want to use a HDD you have to go SX OS route for now.

Last edited by Hayato213,
Reactions: WhaleZzz

WhaleZzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Looking at prices for decently sized SD cards, it might be more cost effective to just go with SX.

Is there any downfalls to SX?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking at prices for decently sized SD cards, it might be more cost effective to just go with SX.

Is there any downfalls to SX?

Only advantage of SX OS right now is USB HDD mounting, Atmosphere implemented Emunand feature few months ago, as for card size it is up to you, 256/512 GB would be good choice, depend how much games you want to install. SX OS license cost around 30 USD.

Last edited by Hayato213,
Reactions: WhaleZzz

WhaleZzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Might just hold off for now ..I don't even own a switch yet, but have the opportunity to buy a OG unpatched. It is kind of expensive though. Is it worth waiting for a price drop, or pick up the unpatched while I can? Do you think they will ever really "break it open" like they did with the Wii-U?

Sorry for all the questions, it's just I am sooo keen for a modded switch but on a budget.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might just hold off for now ..I don't even own a switch yet, but have the opportunity to buy a OG unpatched. It is kind of expensive though. Is it worth waiting for a price drop, or pick up the unpatched while I can? Do you think they will ever really "break it open" like they did with the Wii-U?

Sorry for all the questions, it's just I am sooo keen for a modded switch but on a budget.

Unpatched switch can run CFW on any firmware, as for patched unit there is only entry point on 4.1.0 and below. There are SX OS modchip for Mariko units; switch lite and newer regular switch with newer motherboard. I would recommend hunting for an unpatched unit as you don't have to worry about the firmware.

There are somewhat of a coldboot method, but it revolve around modchip, triggering autoboot on powering on the unit. Unpatched unit would cost more than Patched unit, with a modchip would just cost more.

metalpsi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Hello, my switch is 9.0 currently and i ant to update to 9.1 to play new games, but i got my switch pre hacked so i don't know anything about it, what do i need to update(its on atmosphere btw)? just the atmosphere? what exactly is hekate? and do i need to update the files in rcm loader aswell?

the19thbear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Hi. Total noob, but experience with jailbreaking (JB my ps3).
I have a Nintendo switch, and would like to hack it, to use it with retroarch or some other emulators so I can play old games, and still be able to use the switch to play regular switch games. I do NOT plan on playing current pirated switch games on it. I¨m a games dev myself:)

A question:

If my switch is banned, can I still somehow buy new games?
A weird case could be that I could buy new games, but now install them. In that case I would not mind buying the games and then find a pirated version and play that. How hard is it to find?

If I decide to go back to the normal nintendo OS, can I still upgrade it to the newest OS?, even though the switch is banned?

I would really like to still be able play new and upcoming games and support the developers.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by the19thbear,

ninalf

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hi!

Did the mod that adds a 10 k resistor between pin 1 and 10 inside the right switch joycon. It works but the controller won't dock. It's in wireless mode all the time. Do you guys know how to fix it? Another guide used pin 7 and 10 instead, will that fix my issue maybe?

haxan

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey there. So I need a bit of help with something. I'll try to include as much information as possible so do excuse the clustered format.
I have a switch with sysnand 2.0 and emunand of 8.1.
I just updated my emunand to 9.1 (through Choidujour) but when I boot to my emunand from my hekate menu, I get a blank screen after the atmosphere logo.
When I had the option between choosing 9.1 or 9.1(exFat) I chose 9.1

I have the latest atmosphere and hekate files and the 9.1.0 update files are not missing anything and are from a trusted source.

I have another SD card and when I launch emunand through hekate, it works perfectly ( shows cfw 8.1)

Also I noticed that on my 8.1 SD card, both the SD card and it's partition are exFat, while the one that is bugging is exFat but the partition is Fat32.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Last edited by haxan,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there. So I need a bit of help with something. I'll try to include as much information as possible so do excuse the clustered format.
I have a switch with sysnand 2.0 and emunand of 8.1.
I just updated my emunand to 9.1 (through Choidujour) but when I boot to my emunand from my hekate menu, I get a blank screen after the atmosphere logo.
When I had the option between choosing 9.1 or 9.1(exFat) I chose 9.1

I have the latest atmosphere and hekate files and the 9.1.0 update files are not missing anything and are from a trusted source.

I have another SD card and when I launch emunand through hekate, it works perfectly ( shows cfw 8.1)

Also I noticed that on my 8.1 SD card, both the SD card and it's partition are exFat, while the one that is bugging is exFat but the partition is Fat32.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Make sure you are using the latest Hekate build. Hekate 5.1.1 support 9.1.0 firmware.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi. Total noob, but experience with jailbreaking (JB my ps3).
I have a Nintendo switch, and would like to hack it, to use it with retroarch or some other emulators so I can play old games, and still be able to use the switch to play regular switch games. I do NOT plan on playing current pirated switch games on it. I¨m a games dev myself:)

A question:

If my switch is banned, can I still somehow buy new games?
A weird case could be that I could buy new games, but now install them. In that case I would not mind buying the games and then find a pirated version and play that. How hard is it to find?

If I decide to go back to the normal nintendo OS, can I still upgrade it to the newest OS?, even though the switch is banned?

I would really like to still be able play new and upcoming games and support the developers.

Any thoughts?

If you are banned, then you are banned from online service on that console, you won't be able to buy new games, but you can install games backup, don't asks where to get them. Keep your console clean if you want to play online. You can update firmware via ChoidujourNX.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi!

Did the mod that adds a 10 k resistor between pin 1 and 10 inside the right switch joycon. It works but the controller won't dock. It's in wireless mode all the time. Do you guys know how to fix it? Another guide used pin 7 and 10 instead, will that fix my issue maybe?

Unsolder it if you want it to use it in dock mode, or get another joycon, alternative is to look into getting a jig or getting a modchip fitted if you have unpatched unit.

Hello, my switch is 9.0 currently and i ant to update to 9.1 to play new games, but i got my switch pre hacked so i don't know anything about it, what do i need to update(its on atmosphere btw)? just the atmosphere? what exactly is hekate? and do i need to update the files in rcm loader aswell?

https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/

You can read this if you want to get some knowledge of how homebrew/CFW on the switch work.

Hekate is a multi-functional bootloader that also can recalibrate battery, do NAND backup, Atmosphere is a CFW, as for the RCM loader dongle you should update it if you plan to jump to 9.1.0, newer firmware requires newer files.

Any way to update wild area news in Pokemon Sword and shield on banned switch?

Don't think you can do that on banned unit, as it need to connect to Nintendo server, but you are free to install 1.1 update.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there anyway to reverse that without losing games/saves?

If you can't boot into your NAND, then your data is pretty much screwed, as for the SD card did you install with exFAT driver or non exFAT driver when you update to 9.1.0, and what is the current SD card format.

haxan

Trophies
XP
Country
If you can't boot into your NAND, then your data is pretty much screwed, as for the SD card did you install with exFAT driver or non exFAT driver when you update to 9.1.0, and what is the current SD card format.
Sorry I'm a bit of a noob here. How do I know if I can still boot into my NAND? So far I can get into hetake from my sysnand through Pegascape.
As for your second question, do you mean when I used Choidujour? Because when I was about to install 9.1, I got two options one was 9.1 and the other was 9.1 (exFAT). I chose the 9.1
As for the format, the main part of the SD is exFAT while the partition is FAT32.

EDIT: I can still open and view the files in my main SD card (atmosphere, switch, Nintendo etc)

Last edited by haxan,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I'm a bit of a noob here. How do I know if I can still boot into my NAND? So far I can get into hetake from my sysnand through Pegascape.
As for your second question, do you mean when I used Choidujour? Because when I was about to install 9.1, I got two options one was 9.1 and the other was 9.1 (exFAT). I chose the 9.1
As for the format, the main part of the SD is exFAT while the partition is FAT32.

EDIT: I can still open and view the files in my main SD card (atmosphere, switch, Nintendo etc)

The 9.1 is non exFAT, you need to select 9.1 exFAT if you card is exFAT format, if that was your issue, copy your SD card file to another card and redo the firmware flashing with exFAT drive, but then again I recommend only using FAT32 card format, even though you can install the format driver, you don't need pegascape if you sysnand firmware is that low, just stick with RCM method.

haxan

Trophies
XP
Country
The 9.1 is non exFAT, you need to select 9.1 exFAT if you card is exFAT format, if that was your issue, copy your SD card file to another card and redo the firmware flashing with exFAT drive, but then again I recommend only using FAT32 card format, even though you can install the format driver, you don't need pegascape if you sysnand firmware is that low, just stick with RCM method.
Thank you for your reply.
I unfortunately have had someone else do the flashing step for me and don't know how to properly do it, I'm too worried that if I try to do it myself then I would cause more harm than good. Is it possible if you can explain to me how it's done?
I know few things only such as creating the partition and messing around with some files and installing them but that's about as far as I can go with my limited knowledge lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm telling on you