1. Ace88

Ace88 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    can anyone help me :( ?

2. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    I would recommend updating the CFW before the firmware since the updated CFW will work on all firmware but your current files won't work once you update your firmware. There is also no need to ever dump fuses or tsec.

No

Both are fine.

zRoy and DannyH1989 like this.
  3. DannyH1989

DannyH1989 Newbie
    Newcomer

Austria
    Are accounts tied to banned consoles 'dirty'? For example if my Switch gets banned and I buy a new, clean (patched) Switch and connect my account to it, will my new Switch run the risk of getting banned as well?

And if I've made purchases in the eshop on that account would I still be able to redownload the games and DLC for free on a clean Switch? Or will they block those downloads?

4. M4gneton

M4gneton Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
    Found a solution, basically when i create the emunand the game ask me to download software, i fixed it by copying the Nintendo folder into emuMMC folder

Draxzelex likes this.
  5. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Not really no. People who have had their consoles banned with a Nintendo Account linked to them have had no issues using that same account on an unbanned console.

DannyH1989 likes this.
  6. DannyH1989

DannyH1989 Newbie
    Newcomer

Austria
    Thank you for answering my questions Draxzelex. :)

Draxzelex likes this.
  7. XaneTenshi

XaneTenshi GBAtemp Fan

Denmark
    Hey everyone
    So I'm going back to my hacked switch after a couple months of using my clean Nand, and it is about time I try and get EmuMMC up and running so I can stop having to switch back and forth between clean and hacked nand. There's alot of guides out there and I would really appreciate if someone could link me a good one.

Additionally, I don't really know how EmuMMC is going to work, but if possible, I am hoping I could create it my making a "copy" of my hacked Nand and have that act as the EmuMMC, while restoring my Clean Nand to sysNand. Would this work? All I currently know is that I have to create 2 partitions on my SD Card.

8. Ace88

Ace88 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    thank you very much for your reply!

May I ask a couple of other questions?

1) Does that mean, I don't even have to dump fuses and tsec the first time I hack a switch? Back then I did it because some guy in a YT Tutorial told so. I thought it was kind of a necessary step in the procedere without really knowing what I was doing. That would also mean, there no need to boot into hekate right? I could directly boot into Atmsphere

2) What about lockpick RCM. I did it once. When do I have to repeat lock-pick rcm? When I Update Atmosphere? When I update Nintendo-Firmware?

brgs!

9. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    I recently setup emuMMC without a guide using a simple trick very few people know about. SX OS can create emuMMC partitions without an activated license so you can use the free version to partition the SD card for you then migrate the emuMMC partition in Hekate once SX OS is done.

emuMMC initially is a copy of your sysMMC. However once its been created, it operates independently of sysMMC. This means any changes to sysMMC or emuMMC is not reflected in the other. In other words, you can restore a clean dump to your sysMMC.

1. Never follow YouTube videos. They are usually outdated, full of misinformation, and are never made or endorsed by any developers. The fuses and tsec have nothing to do with booting CFW. They are only useful for developers.
    2. Each new major firmware update adds a new masterkey (masterkey 1, 2, 3, etc.). The keys that Lockpick_RCM dump include these masterkeys. Therefore whenever you update your firmware to a new major firmware version, new masterkeys are available for you to dump. CFW plays no part in obtaining keys.

XaneTenshi, Ace88 and LordKurisu like this.
  10. koenergy

koenergy Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hi just curious, why do I have to configure my Hekate to Fusee primary when using a certain certain homebrew app? What things will change if I do so? Will it also mess things up if I try to update Atmosphere in the future?

11. nutsack

nutsack GBAtemp Regular

United States
    After updating to Kosmos 0.10.2 and firmware 9.1 my old version 0.2.1 of adubbz tinfoil doesn't work. What's the best way to install large NSP from USB today? Or am I going to have to install from network?

12. XaneTenshi

XaneTenshi GBAtemp Fan

Denmark
    Seriously? That sounds great. Guess I'm gonna take a look at SX OS afterall then, and see if I can get this working. You're a great help as always:grog:

Draxzelex likes this.
  13. Dark_Ansem

Dark_Ansem GBAtemp Regular

I am ready to install CFW (I bought the RCM pin) but I am unsure of which guide to follow.

I have checked and my Switch (one of the earliest ones) is unpatched, in the green zone.

14. Hugare

Hugare Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Hi guys!

One simple question about firmware update on SX OS

I have already installed SX OS 2.9.3

Can I update to firmware 9.1.0 through the system itself? Or do I realy need to use Choidujour ?

Thanks!

15. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    I'm not sure what homebrew application you are talking about.

I recommend following this guide.

Well ChoiDujour only supports up to firmware 6.1

16. Dark_Ansem

Dark_Ansem GBAtemp Regular

Thanks. its test payload is missing tho.

17. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Test payload can be any payload.

Dark_Ansem likes this.
  18. WhaleZzz

WhaleZzz Newbie
    Newcomer

Australia
    Is there any way to install backups to hard-drive rather then SD?

19. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Buy SX OS if you want to mount games on HDD.

20. WhaleZzz

WhaleZzz Newbie
    Newcomer

Australia
    Thanks for the quick response. Any chance of it making it to free release? Or is it solely SX OS?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - questions, PARADISE, SWITCH