Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

6adget

GBAtemp's official atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure this has been asked about more times than necessary. So, i'm sorry for asking, but I want to make sure I get this right. A few months ago I updated to 9.something (sorry. i'm not by my switch at the moment to check the exact OFW version) While updating I was given the option to use my SD card as FAT32, or eFAT. I didn't read until several days later that SD cards in the eFAT format is prone to corruption. Of course that's what I selected. Everything has been working fine, until a week back I installed a NSP. afterward some of my games give an error. something about the game files are corrupted. So, can i just format my SD card to FAT32, copy my files over to it, and reinstall my games? I'm assuming that I can use goldleaf to install the NSP files but break them up to 4G segments. Or do I have to use another program to do this? and finally, do I have to change something with my CFW to allow it to use the FAT32 format?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure this has been asked about more times than necessary. So, i'm sorry for asking, but I want to make sure I get this right. A few months ago I updated to 9.something (sorry. i'm not by my switch at the moment to check the exact OFW version) While updating I was given the option to use my SD card as FAT32, or eFAT. I didn't read until several days later that SD cards in the eFAT format is prone to corruption. Of course that's what I selected. Everything has been working fine, until a week back I installed a NSP. afterward some of my games give an error. something about the game files are corrupted. So, can i just format my SD card to FAT32, copy my files over to it, and reinstall my games? I'm assuming that I can use goldleaf to install the NSP files but break them up to 4G segments. Or do I have to use another program to do this? and finally, do I have to change something with my CFW to allow it to use the FAT32 format?
If you aren't using an emuNAND, then all you have to do is the following:
  1. Backup all of the files/folders on your SD card.
  2. Format the SD card as FAT32 using guiformat.
  3. Put the files/folders from Step 1 back onto the SD card.
For installing new games, you can install the large NSP files over a USB or FTP connection without having to put the NSP files onto your SD card first. Alternatively, you can split the NSP files.

6adget

GBAtemp's official atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you aren't using an emuNAND, then all you have to do is the following:
  1. Backup all of the files/folders on your SD card.
  2. Format the SD card as FAT32 using guiformat.
  3. Put the files/folders from Step 1 back onto the SD card.
For installing new games, you can install the large NSP files over a USB or FTP connection without having to put the NSP files onto your SD card first. Alternatively, you can split the NSP files.

Thanks for the help. I think I will prolly install the NSP files by USB. will the installer give me the option to split the files? That's the last thing i'm not clear about.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help. I think I will prolly install the NSP files by USB. will the installer give me the option to split the files? That's the last thing i'm not clear about.
  • If you're installing your games from the NSP files located on the SD card to the NAND or SD card, then you need to split the NSP files before you put them onto the SD card if they're bigger than 4GB.
  • If you're installing your games from the NSP files located on your computer (via FTP or USB) to the NAND or SD card, then you don't need to split anything, since you're never putting a file onto your SD card that's bigger than 4GB.
Edit: Alternatively, you can just use HBG and/or JITS to install your games from the internet.

Last edited by Lacius,
Reactions: 6adget

DTackett

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking for a little guidance on updating my system firmware. I use an sx os pro and I am currently on 7.0.1 system firmware. I am also on sx os 2.9.2. Just got a message saying I need to update my system firmware when I tried to load a new game.

The question is, do I use Choidujour and also do I keep autorcm on or off. It is currently off, but I have been doing some reading on updating and some people say it needs to be on and some say off when updating with Choidujour.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking for a little guidance on updating my system firmware. I use an sx os pro and I am currently on 7.0.1 system firmware. I am also on sx os 2.9.2. Just got a message saying I need to update my system firmware when I tried to load a new game.

The question is, do I use Choidujour and also do I keep autorcm on or off. It is currently off, but I have been doing some reading on updating and some people say it needs to be on and some say off when updating with Choidujour.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.
ChoiDujour only supports up to firmware 6.1. Also it doesn't matter if AutoRCM is off or not before using ChoiDujour as ChoiDujour enables AutoRCM by default when it updates your firmware. You will need AutoRCM to prevent fuses from being burnt when updating the firmware.

DTackett

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChoiDujour only supports up to firmware 6.1. Also it doesn't matter if AutoRCM is off or not before using ChoiDujour as ChoiDujour enables AutoRCM by default when it updates your firmware. You will need AutoRCM to prevent fuses from being burnt when updating the firmware.
Which program is recommended to update it if ChoiDujour will not work. Thanks

nooby89

A normal member with a stupid alias
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi I'm actually wondering what is the technical reason that the Switch cannot keep CFW after shutting down?

Posghetti

Un-official ReVeluv Leader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heya! Just got done installing CFW on my Switch using this guide.
I just have a question about sysNAND that I'm not understanding.
I still want to keep my online functionality, is booting through the hekate payload into regular sysNAND fine? Or do I need to shut it down all the way and normally boot?

Thanks for reading.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I'm actually wondering what is the technical reason that the Switch cannot keep CFW after shutting down?
Its just how the exploit works. CFW is only enabled once a payload is sent but that payload does not and cannot write anything to the console.

Heya! Just got done installing CFW on my Switch using this guide.
I just have a question about sysNAND that I'm not understanding.
I still want to keep my online functionality, is booting through the hekate payload into regular sysNAND fine? Or do I need to shut it down all the way and normally boot?

Thanks for reading.
The only safe way to go online is by having a clean NAND meaning never running CFW or homebrew. Either restore one before going online, keep it clean of CFW & homebrew, or else you risk a ban whenever you go online.

Reactions: nooby89

nooby89

A normal member with a stupid alias
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wonder that too... so you're telling that going online on the vanilla sysNAND is dangerous? I do it often... is there any way to recover from a ban if I'm getting banned ? :wacko:

Posghetti

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its just how the exploit works. CFW is only enabled once a payload is sent but that payload does not and cannot write anything to the console.

The only safe way to go online is by having a clean NAND meaning never running CFW or homebrew. Either restore one before going online, keep it clean of CFW & homebrew, or else you risk a ban whenever you go online.

I initialized my console before I started this whole process just to make it easier on myself and made a backup of it. It has literally nothing on it besides the setup menu being completed. So booting into regular sysNAND is okay though hekate? I only ask because I'm considering AutoRCM.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder that too... so you're telling that going online on the vanilla sysNAND is dangerous? I do it often... is there any way to recover from a ban if I'm getting banned ? :wacko:
I mean once you're banned, you're banned.

I initialized my console before I started this whole process just to make it easier on myself and made a backup of it. It has literally nothing on it besides the setup menu being completed. So booting into regular sysNAND is okay though hekate? I only ask because I'm considering AutoRCM.
Like I said, you can only boot a clean NAND devoid of CFW & homebrew. AutoRCM is neither CFW nor homebrew and no one has been banned for using it alone so it is considered relatively safe.

Posghetti

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean once you're banned, you're banned.

Like I said, you can only boot a clean NAND devoid of CFW & homebrew. AutoRCM is neither CFW nor homebrew and no one has been banned for using it alone so it is considered relatively safe.

Alright, I know the risks pretty well. Thanks for replying!

Reactions: Draxzelex

Z32TT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need some help. I updated from 6.1.0 to 9.1.0 using ChoiDujourNX the update said it was successful but on reboot, I get stuck in Hekate. I made a mistake that I realized after as I have updated my emummc not sysnand. When i boot sysnand i get a very quick message " unknown pkg1 version". However my emummc is 6.1.0 and i still boot into that. Help will appreciated
Still looking for help. How can I restore my sysnand?

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a Switch here that has never been online, but has ran CFW and Homebrew.

Is there a way to clean the system/NAND so that I can go online with it on OFW without getting banned?
I do not have a eMMC/NAND backup for this system to restore it to it's original state before the CFW/Hombrew.

Stuff like cleaning out logs and the such could help perhaps, if there are tools for that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.