Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Jroid3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just tried that, A command line pops up for a second but nothing appears on the switch itself. tried again and it comes up with the same text above. Maybe my switch is patched? i got it in early may

Jroid3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
One more thing. If i accidentally solder pads 10 and 8 on my joycon will something bad happen? im freaking out about turning it on or not because i need to use it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Al3Drk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi
Is there a way to quickly fix corrupted games instead of deleting and reinstalling them because that happens way too much for me.
One of my save files on skyrim is corrupted and whenever I navigate to it in save menu in the game, it jumps out and says the game is corrupted.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When using emummc can i let my sdcard in the switch when using my clean nand and beeing online?
Yes, you can keep your SD card in the Switch. It's highly unlikely that will lead to a ban if the NAND is clean.

Hi
Is there a way to quickly fix corrupted games instead of deleting and reinstalling them because that happens way too much for me.
One of my save files on skyrim is corrupted and whenever I navigate to it in save menu in the game, it jumps out and says the game is corrupted.
A few questions:
  1. Is your SD card FAT32, or is it exFAT?
  2. Is the game a legitimate eShop purchase, a legitimate cartridge, an NSP backup, or an XCI backup?
  3. Which CFW are you using, if any?
  4. If you're using Atmosphere, do you have the latest signature patches?

Reactions: Al3Drk

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried that, A command line pops up for a second but nothing appears on the switch itself. tried again and it comes up with the same text above. Maybe my switch is patched? i got it in early may
No the problem is stemming either from your computer or USB cable. The fact that the payload isn't reaching your Switch isn't indicative of it being patched or not.

One more thing. If i accidentally solder pads 10 and 8 on my joycon will something bad happen? im freaking out about turning it on or not because i need to use it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------
You can a list of Joy-Con pins and their respective functions here

Reactions: Lacius

Soulpower22

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Hi complete noob here. I wAnt to jailbreak my switch running 7.0.1, i wanted to play switch games because switch games are out of my budget. What are the steps to jailbreak switch, I'm confused a lot of cfw and I don't know which one to do.
I need step by step, in the end play .nsp games.

Thank you, sorry for a complete noob post

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi complete noob here. I wAnt to jailbreak my switch running 7.0.1, i wanted to play switch games because switch games are out of my budget. What are the steps to jailbreak switch, I'm confused a lot of cfw and I don't know which one to do.
I need step by step, in the end play .nsp games.

Thank you, sorry for a complete noob post

Is your Switch patched?

https://ismyswitchpatched.com/

If it is you can't do anything right now, if it's not you can install CFW.

Reactions: Lacius

Trebuchet

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have some noob questions, if someone can help
1. Does trying RCM is safe for the console?
2. Does AutoRCM is "wife-safe"? Aka it will stay with the CFM like the 3DS between cold boots
3. Can we use savegames between games (from carts to backups)?
Thanks for your time

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have some noob questions, if someone can help
2. Does AutoRCM is "wife-safe"? Aka it will stay with the CFM like the 3DS between cold boots
Thanks for your time

1. RCM Mode is safe, it is used as entry point via fusee gelee exploit for non patched unit.
2. The closest thing to a cold boot on the switch right now is a modchip. AutoRCM just push the switch into RCM mode if it was being power on from being powered off state.
3. Save games are stored on the system , not not cart anymore, different than 3ds.

Last edited by Hayato213,
Reactions: Trebuchet

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, RCM is safe.

AutoRCM causes your system to launch RCM on every coldboot. As long as your Switch is kept in sleep mode whenever it's not being used, it's "wife-safe." If the wife/kid/sibling/etc. powers down the system, it will go back to RCM, and you will have to plug it in to your computer and launch a payload to get it back on again.

tl;dr version: On Atmosphere, sleep and reboots are fine. Powering off is bad.

Save games are kept on the Switch NAND itself, so switching between game mediums won't affect which save file is used.

Reactions: Trebuchet

Kitsune_sempai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you are going to use homebrew/backups, and you want to play online with legitimate games, you should use an offline emuNAND for your hacks.
yeah I got my offline emunand for all my backups, nothing to worry for that.
I wanted to know if booting stock from hekate with fusée-secondary is safe enough for purchased games online.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah I got my offline emunand for all my backups, nothing to worry for that.
I wanted to know if booting stock from hekate with fusée-secondary is safe enough for purchased games online.
It is highly unlikely that you will be banned for booting OFW from Hekate if the NAND is clean.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/NGOSybO-5R4?si=SmiQ0UaynHR80xC9