Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

alexbrarjohn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I'm currently running 6.0.0 and would like to update offline to 8.1 so i can play SMM2, are there any good tutorials for this, especially video tutorials, Thanks

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, i am complete noob to switch hack and plan to purchase an extra switch for clean play. I have some question wanna ask before I make the purchase.
1. if I mod the game save on my hacked switch and update the save to cloud, and then download the modded save to my clean switch. Will this make my hacked switch banned?
2. If I use emunand for hacked switch, is there any easy way to transfer the mod save from emunand to sysnand?
3. If my console is banned, can I still use cloud save on banned switch to update modded save?
  1. This will most likely flag not just your hacked console but also your clean Switch
  2. No
  3. No
How come I don’t need nand back up if I burn fuses is there a new way to fix it?
Because custom bootloaders, the payloads that boot CFW, bypass the fuse check. This means you can load any firmware through RCM. This isn't useful for downgrading your firmware for other exploits because sending a payload in RCM is an exploit in on itself but it is useful for other situations. These include when you update and burn a fuse to a firmware that CFW does not currently support then wish to downgrade to a firmware CFW supports or when your NAND backup's firmware is lower than your fuse count.

I have made dumps of my Smash Ultimate and LA Noire carts, but both require software updates to be launched and I can't find these files when I look online. can someone walk me through how to do this?
Find the game updates for them in .NSP format and install them with your title installer of choice such as Goldleaf.

Hello.

I'm a new member here and have some questions since I'm totally new in switch CFW and so on.
So I recently bought a Switch that have version 8.0.1 (dind't update to 8.1.0 yet).

I've made the test with the tutorial present here in the forums (I can't post links yet) and it seems my switch is unpatched since I see in cmd the code 0X7000 and a qr code in the screen.
Now, it begins my questions that if you could point me, would be great since I'm lost in so many information.

1 - Can I update the switch to 8.1.0 and still use any CFW?
2 - Anything I should do before install any CFW?
3 - Anything special I need to cover and know?
4 - What CFW should I install? It seems atmosphere is a good choice.
5 - Any newbie tutorial that I can follow to install CFW?
6 - Any newbie tutorial that I can see in how to work after installing CFW?

If you could answer me those questions I'd appreciate, so I could buy a MicroSD card to use in switch :P

Thanks in advance.
  1. The current exploit used to load CFW is hardware-dependent. Meaning as long as your hardware is vulnerable, your firmware is irrelevant
  2. While you do not install CFW on the Switch, you should dump your NAND with Hekate. This includes BOOT0/BOOT1 and eMMC raw GPP
  3. You will need a jig to enter RCM on your Switch and a USB-C cable or dongle to send payloads via USB. A jig can be anything conductive such as a paperclip or aluminum foil. You can also buy a jig online.
  4. Since CFW is not installed and not temporary, you can try both of the freely available CFW which are Atmosphere and ReiNX.
  5. This will depend on which CFW you wish to use, ReiNX or Atmosphere
  6. There really isn't any tutorial for this, probably because CFW is not installed
Hi, I'm currently running 6.0.0 and would like to update offline to 8.1 so i can play SMM2, are there any good tutorials for this, especially video tutorials, Thanks
Use the homebrew application ChoiDujourNX. The tool itself is pretty self-explanatory. Download the firmware files, put them on your SD card, launch the homebrew app, navigate to the firmware files, and press Choose in the bottom-right corner. The rest of the prompts are easy to follow. Do not follow a video tutorial as those are outdated especially ChoiDujourNX video tutorials. I have had multiple people brick after following those.

Whensuddenly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey been out of the switch mod scene since 6.x.x. Not sure where to start but whats new? do we have a working emunand yet? I saw something about android on switch what's that all about? Can we dualboot to it?

Whensuddenly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, we have emuNAND with Atmosphere now. As for Android, it's best to wait.
I meant more about one when I don't have to boot into RCM every time. Also I just bought a 128 gb micro SD card... I remember there being something weird about EXfat or did that get fixed?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I meant more about one when I don't have to boot into RCM every time. Also I just bought a 128 gb micro SD card... I remember there being something weird about EXfat or did that get fixed?
If your system is on 4.1.0 or lower, you can use a warmboot exploit through the browser. Otherwise, RCM is your only real option.

As for exFAT, it's theoretically more likely to become corrupted than FAT32, but I haven't noticed any issues personally.

Reactions: Whensuddenly

Whensuddenly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If your system is on 4.1.0 or lower, you can use a warmboot exploit through the browser. Otherwise, RCM is your only real option.

As for exFAT, it's theoretically more likely to become corrupted than FAT32, but I haven't noticed any issues personally.

Nice. okay keep doing what i'm doing on 6.x.x. and no weird things when formatting the new SD card... thank for the info ^_^, anything else I should know?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice. okay keep doing what i'm doing on 6.x.x. and no weird things when formatting the new SD card... thank for the info ^_^, anything else I should know?
Atmosphere has the ability to reboot into CFW, so as long as you keep your system in sleep mode when you're not using it, there's no reason to keep needing to boot RCM a lot.

Atmosphere also supports 8.1.0.

Reactions: Whensuddenly

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

oriam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I restored a clean NAND of 4.1 and want to download the latest firmware version to update with choidujournx (using a firmware dumper). I never used homebrew without WiFi off. So I should no be banned.

However, while I get the info that there is a new system update available (when I click system update in the menu console), it's not downloading anything.

Anyone had a similar problem? I am waiting for 20 minutes and the switch is next to the access point.

I only did by accident once am update of the joy con controllers (was within the 6.1 firmware I used).

How is the behavior when you got banned? You should get a warning message when trying to download update, isn't it?

Anyone has some idea what is causing that problem?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I restored a clean NAND of 4.1 and want to download the latest firmware version to update with choidujournx (using a firmware dumper). I never used homebrew without WiFi off. So I should no be banned.

However, while I get the info that there is a new system update available (when I click system update in the menu console), it's not downloading anything.

Anyone had a similar problem? I am waiting for 20 minutes and the switch is next to the access point.

I only did by accident once am update of the joy con controllers (was within the 6.1 firmware I used).

How is the behavior when you got banned? You should get a warning message when trying to download update, isn't it?

Anyone has some idea what is causing that problem?
If you were banned, you'd get an error code. In addition, it's rare to be banned from system updates. If you're banned, you're more likely going to be banned from online play.

Edit: Why not just download the 8.1.0 update on your computer?

Last edited by Lacius,

alexbrarjohn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
And what is inside of the .ZIP/.RAR files? Or are you saying you cannot open those files?
I can open them, it provides me with .png, .jpeg, and NXTHEME files. I have tried putting these in the appropriate folder, as well as the .rar, as well as these still in the parent folder, and nothing

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can open them, it provides me with .png, .jpeg, and NXTHEME files. I have tried putting these in the appropriate folder, as well as the .rar, as well as these still in the parent folder, and nothing
I figured out the issue. The guide is referring to themes for the homebrew menu. For installing themes, you follow the instructions that come with the theme files.

_Sjakie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey guys,
Can you help me out with the following:

I have a switch running atmosphere 0.9.1 and FW 8.0.1
I use Goldleaf/Tinfoil to install NSP's, but I cannot start them as I get a message to connect to the internet.

I read about the sigpatches and downloaded some which I uploaded into the atmosphere folder on the SD card. but still it doesn't work.

What do I need to do to be able to play the games I installed ?

Zap2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
  1. This will most likely flag not just your hacked console but also your clean Switch
  2. No
  3. No
Because custom bootloaders, the payloads that boot CFW, bypass the fuse check. This means you can load any firmware through RCM. This isn't useful for downgrading your firmware for other exploits because sending a payload in RCM is an exploit in on itself but it is useful for other situations. These include when you update and burn a fuse to a firmware that CFW does not currently support then wish to downgrade to a firmware CFW supports or when your NAND backup's firmware is lower than your fuse count.

Find the game updates for them in .NSP format and install them with your title installer of choice such as Goldleaf.

1. The current exploit used to load CFW is hardware-dependent. Meaning as long as your hardware is vulnerable, your firmware is irrelevant
  2. While you do not install CFW on the Switch, you should dump your NAND with Hekate. This includes BOOT0/BOOT1 and eMMC raw GPP
  3. You will need a jig to enter RCM on your Switch and a USB-C cable or dongle to send payloads via USB. A jig can be anything conductive such as a paperclip or aluminum foil. You can also buy a jig online.
  4. Since CFW is not installed and not temporary, you can try both of the freely available CFW which are Atmosphere and ReiNX.
  6. There really isn't any tutorial for this, probably because CFW is not installed
Use the homebrew application ChoiDujourNX. The tool itself is pretty self-explanatory. Download the firmware files, put them on your SD card, launch the homebrew app, navigate to the firmware files, and press Choose in the bottom-right corner. The rest of the prompts are easy to follow. Do not follow a video tutorial as those are outdated especially ChoiDujourNX video tutorials. I have had multiple people brick after following those.

2. No
  3. No

I figured out the issue. The guide is referring to themes for the homebrew menu. For installing themes, you follow the instructions that come with the theme files.

I just wanna check before I update is MM2 update file ok on FW 8.0.1 or wat FW?

Also after making nand back up wat folder/files can I delete of SD card? Is it just everything in the back up folder?

Last edited by Zap2000,

Tenacious D

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey, i hacked my switch a few months ago, i also did a nand backup, the thing is i do not remember if i did the backup after or before i installed the reinx cfw. Is there any way for me to check if i made the nand backup with a clean or dirty switch?

Thank you in advance :]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHNH5pnioQk