Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Tonygesto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi guys, I just caught the Mario maker in physics, I'm going to dump it in the switch on sx os that I have all the games out there, can I play it online directly from sxos dumping it as xci? And another question if change xci to nsp and installed it as nsp, can I play it online anyway? It is not until the original certificates are saved or not could
ban you ... Thank you very much in advance

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, I just caught the Mario maker in physics, I'm going to dump it in the switch on sx os that I have all the games out there, can I play it online directly from sxos dumping it as xci? And another question if change xci to nsp and installed it as nsp, can I play it online anyway? It is not until the original certificates are saved or not could
You risk being banned either way.

Tonygesto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

Zap2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have heard applications such as Freebird and emuiibo do not work on firmware 8.1. There may be more homebrew applications that do not work.

Do I need to make a Nand back up I done one on FW4.1 from then I installed emunand 6.2 I wanna update emunand to 8 and just keep OFW 4.1 should I do nand back up?

Ryan1994

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
While Hekate does not support launching CFW on 8.1, it can still dump the NAND on 8.1

Im kind of confused right now.
Im using this guide to make an nand backup and other things likes the keys ect.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/backup-...-your-biskeys-tseckeys-keys-txt-guide.513386/

However in some steps im getting errors that the data ect. can't be found (im thinking because of the 8.1.0 support which is not there atm?)
But what i want to do is the following:

1. I want to make a clean nand backup of my switch which is on 8.1.0
2. I want to set ReinX cfw on it.
3. when hekate supports 8.1.0 i will restore my clean nand backup and follow the guide/tutorial to backup everything of my switch

Is this possible atm with the current hekate to pull of or should i still need to wait?

JanHSL

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hey guys,

I just bought a brand new (patched) Switch with FW V4.1.0 and have successfully loaded AMS using the Caffeine exploit, however, I'm wondering whether there is any way to get newer games to run on it. For example, I can't get Diablo to install, and I assume it's due to old FW. Or is there no way and I have to wait till newer FW versions are hacked as well? If I was to set up emuMMC, would it be possible to have a newer FW (CFW) on emuMMC and just keep OFW at V4.1.0 just to load the CFW? I don't care about bans etc, I'm not planning to use it online, ever.

Any info/tips would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

RyanDD

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I'm trying to disassemble a first party Joy-Con grip, I'm using a tri-wing screw driver that I got with a DS battery replacement pack years ago...but it's not working. I'm wondering if are there different types tri-wing screw drivers that I'm not aware of for this job? Or are these screws just in there really tight maybe. Thanks for any feed back.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do I need to make a Nand back up I done one on FW4.1 from then I installed emunand 6.2 I wanna update emunand to 8 and just keep OFW 4.1 should I do nand back up?
If you already have a NAND backup, you do not need to make another one even if you burn fuses.

Im kind of confused right now.
Im using this guide to make an nand backup and other things likes the keys ect.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/backup-...-your-biskeys-tseckeys-keys-txt-guide.513386/

However in some steps im getting errors that the data ect. can't be found (im thinking because of the 8.1.0 support which is not there atm?)
But what i want to do is the following:

1. I want to make a clean nand backup of my switch which is on 8.1.0
2. I want to set ReinX cfw on it.
3. when hekate supports 8.1.0 i will restore my clean nand backup and follow the guide/tutorial to backup everything of my switch

Is this possible atm with the current hekate to pull of or should i still need to wait?
First off, do not follow that guide. It uses pre-compiled files which means they will all be useless after you finish following the tutorial. Not to mention it makes you dump a lot of unnecessary stuff that you will never use nor require.

With that out of the way, like I said, while Hekate does not support launching CFW on firmware 8.1, it can certainly dump the NAND on 8.1

Hey guys,

I just bought a brand new (patched) Switch with FW V4.1.0 and have successfully loaded AMS using the Caffeine exploit, however, I'm wondering whether there is any way to get newer games to run on it. For example, I can't get Diablo to install, and I assume it's due to old FW. Or is there no way and I have to wait till newer FW versions are hacked as well? If I was to set up emuMMC, would it be possible to have a newer FW (CFW) on emuMMC and just keep OFW at V4.1.0 just to load the CFW? I don't care about bans etc, I'm not planning to use it online, ever.

Any info/tips would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
The whole point of emuMMC is to run a firmware higher than sysMMC.

Emenaria

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
When I try to launch a game, my Switch prompts me to update to the latest firmware even though I'm already on 8.1.0. I use Choidujor to update. I can just ignore the nag and play the game, but it's annoying to have to see this nag every time I try to launch a game. (Plus, if I accidentally press on "OK", my fuses will be burnt). How do I get rid of the update nag? Going into recovery mode doesn't seem to work.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I try to launch a game, my Switch prompts me to update to the latest firmware even though I'm already on 8.1.0. I use Choidujor to update. I can just ignore the nag and play the game, but it's annoying to have to see this nag every time I try to launch a game. (Plus, if I accidentally press on "OK", my fuses will be burnt). How do I get rid of the update nag? Going into recovery mode doesn't seem to work.
Is it a game update or a system update?

Aloic

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi, i am complete noob to switch hack and plan to purchase an extra switch for clean play. I have some question wanna ask before I make the purchase.
1. if I mod the game save on my hacked switch and update the save to cloud, and then download the modded save to my clean switch. Will this make my hacked switch banned?
2. If I use emunand for hacked switch, is there any easy way to transfer the mod save from emunand to sysnand?
3. If my console is banned, can I still use cloud save on banned switch to update modded save?

Zap2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you already have a NAND backup, you do not need to make another one even if you burn fuses.

First off, do not follow that guide. It uses pre-compiled files which means they will all be useless after you finish following the tutorial. Not to mention it makes you dump a lot of unnecessary stuff that you will never use nor require.

With that out of the way, like I said, while Hekate does not support launching CFW on firmware 8.1, it can certainly dump the NAND on 8.1

The whole point of emuMMC is to run a firmware higher than sysMMC.

How come I don’t need nand back up if I burn fuses is there a new way to fix it?

Iamapirate

Trophies
XP
Country
I have made dumps of my Smash Ultimate and LA Noire carts, but both require software updates to be launched and I can't find these files when I look online. can someone walk me through how to do this?

Al3Drk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have successfully setup emummc with atmospher and fusee primary and without kosmos.
Now I have downloaded my first nsp and installed them with tinfoil but when I want to launch it, it requires internet connection and I'm in flight mode because I don't want to get banned. Can someone help me or link me an article to help my problem thank you

Jonesy123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
HELP PLEASE. updated to firmware 7.0.1 on choidujour and reinx 2.2. Now switch is completely unresponsive. does not go into rcm mode

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

ignore that, managed to get it going

Al3Drk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have successfully setup emummc with atmospher and fusee primary and without kosmos.
Now I have downloaded my first nsp and installed them with tinfoil but when I want to launch it, it requires internet connection and I'm in flight mode because I don't want to get banned. Can someone help me or link me an article to help my problem thank you
And I have latest sigpatches and prod.key and I'm on 8.1 and installing using tinfoil please help

Last edited by Al3Drk,

Syzis

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello.

I'm a new member here and have some questions since I'm totally new in switch CFW and so on.
So I recently bought a Switch that have version 8.0.1 (dind't update to 8.1.0 yet).

I've made the test with the tutorial present here in the forums (I can't post links yet) and it seems my switch is unpatched since I see in cmd the code 0X7000 and a qr code in the screen.
Now, it begins my questions that if you could point me, would be great since I'm lost in so many information.

1 - Can I update the switch to 8.1.0 and still use any CFW?
2 - Anything I should do before install any CFW?
3 - Anything special I need to cover and know?
4 - What CFW should I install? It seems atmosphere is a good choice.
5 - Any newbie tutorial that I can follow to install CFW?
6 - Any newbie tutorial that I can see in how to work after installing CFW?

If you could answer me those questions I'd appreciate, so I could buy a MicroSD card to use in switch :P

Thanks in advance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night