Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

SacredSlash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://gbatemp.net/threads/i-accid...ersion-please-help-me-find-a-solution.652219/

I believe you are on 18.0.0 that why you are getting the unknown pkg1.
Would it update the software and game at the same time?
Post automatically merged:

Try this: make sure you have the newest Fusee.bin from this link below, in your "Bootloader/payloads" folder on the sd card. Then in Hekate menu, goto payloads and select Fusee.bin.
https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases
Ill try it again, but almost certain I did this.

SacredSlash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try what @BigOnYa said, if you tried fusee.bin that came with Atmosphere 1.6.2 and it doesn't work it means you updated to 18.0.0.
Try what @BigOnYa said, if you tried fusee.bin that came with Atmosphere 1.6.2 and it doesn't work it means you updated to 18.0.0.
Welp guess its wait till atmosphere and hekate update then. Thought it was the update game screen but guess not. Luckily I already dumped my game and have a copy of yuzu. Just need to update the game.

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
I wonder if your hekate_ipl.ini got overwritten with another config during your update? You can use one from the sigpatches ZIP archive.
I tried with a fresh SD card, only with Atmosphere, Hekate and the latest patches. Installed the game. The game shuts itself just like last time. When I press A, not even the "Nintendo Switch" spinning logo appears on the bottom of the screen. Just a couple seconds of black screen and "the software closed" error message.

So, I doubt there is something wrong on the SD card. Maybe on the nand?What could it be? Tickets?

This is really a big, mysterious problem that I had no clue what to do. I'm at a loss here. Please help me.

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I tried with a fresh SD card, only with Atmosphere, Hekate and the latest patches. Installed the game. The game shuts itself just like last time. When I press A, not even the "Nintendo Switch" spinning logo appears on the bottom of the screen. Just a couple seconds of black screen and "the software closed" error message.
So, the game stopped working while on emuNAND? And you have the latest Hekate, Atmosphere and sigpatches installed? All on a fresh SD card?
If so, try going into the maintenance mode on the emuNAND and see if that fixes the issue. Make sure that you have DNS MITM in place before you proceed, in order to block Nintendo servers (just in case you connect your console to the Internet and have some some of the connections set to auto-connect).

Do the following:
  1. Turn off your console.
  2. Boot into RCM the way you usually do and, before sending your fusee.bin payload, hold volume + and volume - at the same time and let your console boot into CFW. You'll see an Atmosphere logo, followed by a Switch logo. After a while your Switch will enter into the maintenance mode. At this point system cache is cleared as well as any pending update.
  3. Press the power button once again and It'll shut down the console.
  4. Boot into CFW the way you usually do and see if that fixed the issue.
If that doesn't help, try reinstalling game with DBI installer, see if it'll end up with any errors.

Reactions: BigOnYa

NeoYggdrasill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Complete noob here.

I'm about to hack my Switch for the first time and it is on an older FW. The system settings no longer show a number, but I've been neglecting updates sind 10.x.x, however, I have played Super Mario Bros. Wonder from cartridge so I think it is probably going to be 16.1.0?

So first question (I wasn't about to ask this cause I could probably find this out fairly quickly on my own but now that I'm here already might as well), how can I check which FW I'm on if it doesn't show on the system settings?

Furthermore, I've been looking at a guide about updating your firmware (not allowed to post a link yet cause new user). The way they go about it is they update the sysNAND regularly, dump that and use it with something called Daybreak to update the emuMMC FW.

Is there another way of updating the emuMMC FW without updating my sysNAND? As far as I'm aware the current FW you get through a system update is 18.0.0 and neither Atmosphere nor Hekate support that yet.

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
how can I check which FW I'm on if it doesn't show on the system settings?
You can enter the maintenance mode to see which number it is. As soon as you enter the maintenance mode, it'll clear any pending update and clear system cache. To do so:
  • Make sure that your Internet connection is disabled if you're connected right now and remove any saved connections as well.
  • Turn off your console (when in home menu, hold the power button for a few seconds and select power off).
  • Hold volume + and volume - at the same time and, while holding them, press the power button. After a while your Switch will enter into the maintenance mode. At this point, any pending update is deleted and system cache is cleared. To power off the console, press the power button.
  • Next time you turn on the console, you'll be able to see the firmware version once again.
Is there another way of updating the emuMMC FW without updating my sysNAND?
You'll need to download the firmware files from the certain site we aren't allowed to link to (quick Google search is all it takes to find Switch firmware files). Once you download them, extract them to the folder (e.g. name the folder firmware and put it onto the root of your SD card) on your SD card that you'll easily find once you launch the Daybreak app. 17.0.1 is currently the latest supported.

See you're new to the Switch hacking scene, here are some tips:
  • Before you begin hacking your Switch, make sure that your SD card is legit or not with h2testw. It's a lengthy process but totally worth it.
  • I'd suggest that you follow either Rentry.org Switch guide or NH Switch guide (my personal favorite) in order to softmod your console.
  • Make sure that you create a NAND backup just in case anything goes wrong during the installation process, don't skip it.
  • if you plan on going online in order to e.g. download additional homebrew or play in local multiplayer, make sure that you set up Exosphere's prodinfo blanking and DNS MITM as well.
  • Check here to see how to avoid getting your console banned.
  • For game backups to work, you'll need the latest sigpatches.
    Optionally, you can grab sys-patch module as well (currently discontinued due to being taken down by Nintendo, but it's still useful).
    Additionally, you can install Tesla + nx-ovlloader as well, they will allow you to see whether sys-patch is working properly, after you press L + D-pad Down + R (Stick) combo, select sys-patch, followed by Log. It should say Patched (if it's green, it's good; if it's orange, it means that it's already patched with sigpatches). Having both sigpatches and sys-patch at the same time should cause no conflict at all.
  • If you're interested in amiibo emulation, check emuiibo (requires previously-mentioned Tesla-Menu and nx-ovlloader in order to work) and emuiigen (to generate virtual amiibos) or AmiiboGenerator (which generates all available amiibo for emuiibo directly from the Switch).
That should be it, I guess. Good luck with your Switch!

mudrik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Hi!
Another newbie here :-) I own a chipped switch, and accidentally updated the full stock firmware to 18.0. After doing that, I can still boot the Atmosphere system from Kefir and Hekate (it seems to work fine), but I cannot boot the full stock image. However, I noticed that if in Hekate I choose the "reboot" option, and then pick "Reboot to OFW", the full stock image starts just fine.

My question is: is it safe to use the full stock image (and play online), or is there a risk of getting banned? And what is the difference between loading the full stock image from Hekate (this does not work) and telling Hekate to reboot into OFW?

NeoYggdrasill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can enter the maintenance mode to see which number it is. As soon as you enter the maintenance mode, it'll clear any pending update and clear system cache...

Thanks for your answer! The Atmosphere Github only mentions support for 17.0.0, does it also support 17.0.1 and they just didn't update the README.md as it was a minor update?

I appreciate the additional advice as well. I have been reading through the NH Switch guide and it seems pretty straight forward. I'll make sure to look into everything else you posted once I get to it.

Reactions: Blythe93

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
yes, before I updated the game I was on 17.0.0

sorry, when I try to just boot into fusee, it just says unable to identify package 1, but it says that when I try to get into cfw from hekate

View attachment 428023

I could easily be doing something stupid, but have been trying to solve it for awhile now with no luck
Can confirm OFW been updated to 18. The bootloader error msg is exactly same from another guy oppps

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
My question is: is it safe to use the full stock image (and play online), or is there a risk of getting banned? And what is the difference between loading the full stock image from Hekate (this does not work) and telling Hekate to reboot into OFW?
Based on what's mentioned here, you're actually booting into "stock" firmware i.e. something as close to stock as it can get. Kernel patching and CFW kips are disabled and it's useful for those console that have AutoRCM enabled (like units with modchips installed, I guess?). Reboot to OFW option reboots to the actual stock firmware and therefore it works.

Whether it's safe to go online, I can't say for sure. Is your sysNAND clean? Did you use to play legit games online before the update happened? If so, I believe it's safe to use it if you didn't get banned so far and didn't do anything recently to make your sysNAND "dirty" (e.g. cleared logs, installed pirated NSPs and forwarders, etc.),

Thanks for your answer! The Atmosphere Github only mentions support for 17.0.0, does it also support 17.0.1 and they just didn't update the README.md as it was a minor update?
You're welcome! Indeed, 17.0.1 was a minor update, therefore nothing was broken.

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

Palleon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello! If i can boot into OFW by the reboot option on Hekate, is there any problems to update only the OFW? I have no problems keeping my emunand on 17.0, but I just want to play Mario Kart 8 on-line on OFW 😭

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hello! If i can boot into OFW by the reboot option on Hekate, is there any problems to update only the OFW? I have no problems keeping my emunand on 17.0, but I just want to play Mario Kart 8 on-line on OFW 😭
Only if you boot your OFW without run Hekate, if you run hekate as your bootloader you need to wait to Hekate support to boot 18.

Reactions: Blythe93

Palleon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Only if you boot your OFW without run Hekate, if you run hekate as your bootloader you need to wait to Hekate support to boot 18.
So, the only problem updating 18.0 on ofw is that I can’t use “stock” button on launch? I already only use Reboot -> Ofw to access ofw. My emunand will not be affected?

xradeon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi! I recently had to create a new emuMMC because my old one got corrupted. That's my guess because I got a HOS version not supported error, and triple checked that I had latest atmosphere, hekate, sigpatches..

Anyway, I want to know if there is a way to move my save games from my old emuMMC (did a backup before deletion) to the new one. Both are file based emuMMCs.

I already tried moving files from inside the old emuMMC save folder (emuMMC/RAW1/Nintendo/save) to the new emuMMC folder (emuMMC/SD00/Nintendo/save) without any success.

Is it possible to do that?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I recently had to create a new emuMMC because my old one got corrupted. That's my guess because I got a HOS version not supported error, and triple checked that I had latest atmosphere, hekate, sigpatches..

Anyway, I want to know if there is a way to move my save games from my old emuMMC (did a backup before deletion) to the new one. Both are file based emuMMCs.

I already tried moving files from inside the old emuMMC save folder (emuMMC/RAW1/Nintendo/save) to the new emuMMC folder (emuMMC/SD00/Nintendo/save) without any success.

Is it possible to do that?

Does your file base emunand load? If so decrypt the save with like jksv or checkpoint.

So, the only problem updating 18.0 on ofw is that I can’t use “stock” button on launch? I already only use Reboot -> Ofw to access ofw. My emunand will not be affected?

You might want to stay put, people updated 17.0.0 before CFW came out had issue with their switch, for now we don't know how much changed under the hood.

NeoYggdrasill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You're welcome! Indeed, 17.0.1 was a minor update, therefore nothing was broken.

Aright, thanks!

I had the time know to read through the other things you posted.

When reading through the Exosphere and DNS MITM guide I noticed that the NH Switch guide which also touches on the topic has two domain names in its emummc.txt which are not present in the guide you provided:

127.0.0.1 *nintendods.cz (that one is a bit odd as there doesn't seem to be a nintendo.cz)
127.0.0.1 *nintendowifi.net

Just pointing that out, I'll add them to my emummc.txt.

Furthermore, the github repository you linked for sys-patch no longer exists.
(Nvm, didn't see the download button :rolleyes:)

I got two more questions for now:

First, can I create multiple emuMMC?s I'm interested in having multiple versions of a game installed at the same time and running different FWs (e.g. Super Mario Odyssey on digital 1.3 on sysNAND and FW 16.0.3, digital 1.0 on a first emuMMC on FW 17.0.1 and digital 1.3 on a second emuMMC pre 10.0 FW). The NH Switch guide doesn't touch on this topic but if it's possible it'd make sense if I set it up right off the bat.

Lastly, is there a source that contains information on which FW is required for certain Switch games including their updates? Do game cartridges/backups actually contain the FW update or are they just going to refuse to run on an emuMMC that doesn't meet the FW requirement?

Last edited by NeoYggdrasill,

ThiagoAdami

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Good morning! Is there a way to download any save data and use it as mine? With my ps5/ps4 I can do this using save wizard, but I have no ideia how i can do with my switch. I want a complete save with all the veggies and fruit of animal crossing.

calexya

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for this being super long-- tried to post this on reddit but forgot that they can't allow any discussion of 'hacking' whatsoever.

Last night I was going through my files in Tinfoil and accidentally clicked on something involving Atmosphere. It took me back to my main menu screen, and several games I downloaded showed up as being...not downloaded onto my console. Even games I have the cart for are suddenly unable to be played without an update.
When I go to my game library, NONE of my games are shown as installed. It even shows games that my ex had installed on it years ago. None of them are bootable.
Now, the only way to get to Tinfoil (or any of those folders) is applet mode. Tinfoil, upon launching, gives me the following error: Failed to list users, error code 01E40000. When I click "ok", it tells me that there is not enough memory to run tinfoil and use title override/install the NSP version.
I'm very new to this and have no idea what that means. I just updated fusee + atmosphere to the newest versions earlier today, thinking that would fix it. Obviously it didn't :') It almost feels like it booted me back to a previous version or backup of my switch, but I can't access any of my games. The space on my SD card is the same, so nothing was deleted, I just can't access anything for some reason.
Any guidance is appreciated, I feel like I have no idea what I'm doing.

Reactions: impeeza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol