Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Arizonaman5304

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh, it wasn't meant to tease you in particular :)
Post automatically merged:

yeah you have to boot into recovery mode then reboot, that clears it. I forgot how to do that though, anyone remember? i think you power on while holding + and - to get into it but I haven't done it in a long while now
got it. Thanks

Reactions: Blythe93

Zellerrre

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so the only way for me to boot into OFW now is to remove autoRCM? (i updated to 18.0, being the clueless person i am)

edit: fixed the question and also the answer is YES.

Last edited by Zellerrre,

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
What is the best way to update my atmosphere CFW and FW and keep all my games and saves?
I've replied to the similar same? question the other day. Here's the reply:

If you have a custom theme installed, make sure to uninstall it (via NXThemesInstaller) before you proceed to update.
You can backup your saves with JKSV and restore them after the update should you need it.

Before you update firmware, make sure that both Hekate and Atmosphere support the latest firmware or the firmware you're updating to.
If they do, check if the sigpatches are updated to support the latest firmware and Atmosphere version.

If everything seems okay, update Hekate and Atmosphere first, followed by sigpatches.

Once you do that, update firmware via Daybreak as well. You can find firmware files on that certain site we aren't allowed to link to (that's what I usually do) or you can dump the latest firmware after you update your OFW. I personally like to keep my OFW firmware version the lowest possible just in case a future exploit is found and supports the firmware I have (unlikely to happen, but one can never know).

If you used either Haku33, TegraExplorer, EmmcHaccGen or ChoiDujour in the past, you might run into a save issue after updating to 17.0.0 or newer. To fix it, make sure to boot at least once into sysNAND CFW with Atmosphere 1.6.1 or newer.

If you've used Incognito_RCM or similar in the past in order to blank your prodinfo, Atmosphere will crash as soon as your console connects to the Internet and tries to connect to the Nintendo servers due to your console not having valid prod keys.
You won't run into this issue if you are always in airplane mode or if you're using DNS MITM.
If you plan on connecting your console to the Internet, you can use this patch and/or DNS MITM.

I guess I've covered everything for now.
Original post here.

Reactions: BigOnYa

pazzoeo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have a V1 switch on 17.0.1, I use OFW on sysnand and CFW on emunand, I never enabled autorcm and I keep two separate SD cards, one for OFW and one for CFW so that the two absolutely never mix. If I reboot my switch to OFW and update to 18.0, can I then go back to CFW 17.0.1?

Switchoslav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
You probably shouldn't use aio-switch-updater, unless you don't mind running into problems down the line. Better to update manually. @Blythe93 pretty much gave you the best directions for updating, as far as I'm concerned. Just follow what he told you and you should be fine.

Rentry.org Switch guide is pretty straightforward, but doesn't really go too much into details.
NH Switch guide, however, is pretty detailed but doesn't mention updating sigpatches anywhere, which is required for game backups to work.

Just re-read what I've posted here and you should be good. (I've updated the post with the links to make it a bit easier for you.)

They should work after update, but there's always a chance that one or two will stop working. Check here if you run into problems.

As @Dust2dust said, better stick to doing it manually unless you know what you're doing. It'll be much easier for you to troubleshoot issues in the future should I run into one.

Thank you both, I'll try it and post the results here later.

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I have a V1 switch on 17.0.1, I use OFW on sysnand and CFW on emunand, I never enabled autorcm and I keep two separate SD cards, one for OFW and one for CFW so that the two absolutely never mix. If I reboot my switch to OFW and update to 18.0, can I then go back to CFW 17.0.1?
I believe that you should wait for Hekate devs to release an update with 18.0.0 support (otherwise, I'm not sure if you'll be able to launch CFW), but I'm not sure as I've never updated unless the latest Hekate, Atmosphere and sigpatches were updated and working as well. Wait for others to reply.

Reactions: BigOnYa

SirKira001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If this is true then is it safe to downgrade? Will I get banned if I do so?

Attachments

• 1711479318990.png
    1711479318990.png
    50.4 KB · Views: 5

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I haven't checked the changelog, but sthetix knows what he's doing so it's probably correct. It should be safe to downgrade provided you have a clean sysNAND backup, though I'd rather wait for Hekate, Atmosphere and sigpatches to get updated instead. Restoring backup should be the last resort unless you don't want to wait.

I'm not sure if that will get you banned, though. Probably not, again, provided you have a clean sysNAND backup, but there's no 100% sure way to know.

Better wait for Hekate, Atmosphere and sigpatches to get updated.

Last edited by Blythe93,

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Asking the same on diferent threads is not the best. it's safe downgrade for the fuses because 18 do not burn new fuse, but if you are online and ninti have your telemetry your console will be banned when you connect online with a different firmware.

ultraforce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For a video game that you have the cartridge for how do you update the version in CFW? I'm trying to do a local trade in Pokemon BDSP but I accidentally updated Pokemon Shining Pearl to 1.3 while my CFW Console has Briliant diamond cartridge loaded as 1.0.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For a video game that you have the cartridge for how do you update the version in CFW? I'm trying to do a local trade in Pokemon BDSP but I accidentally updated Pokemon Shining Pearl to 1.3 while my CFW Console has Briliant diamond cartridge loaded as 1.0.

You can either source the update online or match version with local users.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so that works when emummc and sysnand stuff?

Might cause you some problem since version match require same system firmware, since firmware 18.0.0 just came out and no CFW so you might encounter some problem, but in your case you probably have to source the update manually for the CFW switch, if you use the clean switch as source for the version match, you might not able to do that since version match would require the CFW switch to update system firmware.

ultraforce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Might cause you some problem since version match require same system firmware, since firmware 18.0.0 just came out and no CFW so you might encounter some problem, but in your case you probably have to source the update manually for the CFW switch, if you use the clean switch as source for the version match, you might not able to do that since version match would require the CFW switch to update system firmware.
ah okay, guess I might try it later.

SacredSlash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having problems after trying to update Pokemon Sword. I can boot into hekate but anytime I try and boot up fusee it says the same error when loading fusee. Unknown package 1 version hos version not supported. Im on 17.0.0, and everything was fine until I tried to update the game. Im sure it's been answered a bunch of times, but I nothing has worked for me so far.

Reactions: impeeza

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having problems after trying to update Pokemon Sword. I can boot into hekate but anytime I try and boot up fusee it says the same error when loading fusee. Unknown package 1 version hos version not supported. Im on 17.0.0, and everything was fine until I tried to update the game. Im sure it's been answered a bunch of times, but I nothing has worked for me so far.

You sure you are not on 18.0.0?

• Haha
Reactions: impeeza and BigOnYa

SacredSlash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You sure you are not on 18.0.0?
yes, before I updated the game I was on 17.0.0

sorry, when I try to just boot into fusee, it just says unable to identify package 1, but it says that when I try to get into cfw from hekate

20240326_220010.jpg

I could easily be doing something stupid, but have been trying to solve it for awhile now with no luck

Last edited by SacredSlash,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, before I updated the game I was on 17.0.0

sorry, when I try to just boot into fusee, it just says unable to identify package 1, but it says that when I try to get into cfw from hekate

View attachment 428023

I could easily be doing something stupid, but have been trying to solve it for awhile now with no luck
https://gbatemp.net/threads/i-accid...ersion-please-help-me-find-a-solution.652219/

I believe you are on 18.0.0 that why you are getting the unknown pkg1.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by BigOnYa,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users