Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

HuskerDu25

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
On the other hand, if you've used Atmosphere's exosphere.ini, you'll need to set blank_prodinfo_sysmmc=0 and/or blank_prodinfo_emummc=0, depending on which one you used to run your CFW on.

Thanks again! So I see the exosphere.ini file but would making them set to 0 mean I can't use wifi at all?

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Thanks again! So I see the exosphere.ini file but would making them set to 0 mean I can't use wifi at all?
Setting them to 0 would undo the prodinfo blanking. With DNS MITM, even with non-blanked prodinfo, you should be good. WiFi will work. You can check whether DNS blocking works with this 90DNS tester tool.

If you use emuNAND for your CFW stuff and worried that you might get banned, it doesn't hurt to blank your prodinfo via exosphere as well. You can find the correct exosphere.ini settings here as well (above DNS MITM guide, just pick one of the two depedning on your setup and add additional stuff you might have if needed). The worst thing that could happen is 2123-0011 error code again in case DNS MITM fails for some reason or another and your console attempts to connect to the Nintendo servers.

I'm not sure how effective prodinfo blanking is for avoiding ban based on what I've read in the exosphere.ini template, which you can find here.
# Key: blank_prodinfo_sysmmc, default: 0.
# Desc: Controls whether PRODINFO should be blanked in sysmmc.
# This will cause the system to see dummied out keys and
# serial number information.
# NOTE: This is not known to be safe, as data may be
# cached elsewhere in the system. Usage is not encouraged.

# Key: blank_prodinfo_emummc, default: 0.
# Desc: Controls whether PRODINFO should be blanked in emummc.
# NOTE: This is not known to be safe, as data may be
# cached elsewhere in the system. Usage is not encouraged.

HuskerDu25

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Setting them to 0 would undo the prodinfo blanking. With DNS MITM, even with non-blanked prodinfo, you should be good. WiFi will work. You can check whether DNS blocking works with 90DNS tester tool.

If you use emuNAND for your CFW stuff and worried that you might get banned, it doesn't hurt to blank your prodinfo via exosphere as well. You can find the correct exosphere.ini settings as well (above DNS MITM guide, just pick one of the two depedning on your setup and add additional stuff you might have if needed). The worst thing that could happen is 2123-0011 error code again in case DNS MITM fails for some reason or another and your console attempts to connect to the Nintendo servers.

Thank you once again for your support! I ended up just doing a clean atmosphere install and then followed your steps to block the Nintendo servers. Should have probably done a clean install much sooner and saved me the headache.

It is working now finally, cheers my friend!

CapitolLimited

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question on setting up CFW on my sysNAND. I have been using my OLED switch with picofly for a while now with everything set up for the emuNAND. Everything is working fine, I've blocked Nintendo servers on emunand etc. I now want to set up CFW on sysnand so I can overclock, use amiibo emulator apps, and backup my saves. I have no intention of doing anything that involves piracy or installing apps that exist outside of the albums app. My question is, which guide should I use to accomplish this, and when it comes to adding homebrew apps, how does this process work? In Windows Explorer, how will I know if I am touching files within the sysnand versus emunand. Thank you.

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I now want to set up CFW on sysnand so I can overclock, use amiibo emulator apps, and backup my saves. I have no intention of doing anything that involves piracy or installing apps that exist outside of the albums app.
I'm not sure, but using amiibo emulation and overclocking may put you at risk of getting your console banned. Overclocking should be alright for offline games, but I'm not familiar with it. You can check here on how to avoid getting banned. This thread has some additional info as well.

Personally, I'd keep the sysNAND clean and use it only for legit games, without any modifications to it, and keep all the CFW stuff, running homebrew apps and playing backup games on the emuNAND while blocking Nintendo servers at the same time.

My question is, which guide should I use to accomplish this, and when it comes to adding homebrew apps, how does this process work? In Windows Explorer, how will I know if I am touching files within the sysnand versus emunand.
sysNAND and emuNAND partitions are hidden so that users don't mess them up by accident. The only partition you see when you is the microSD card partition which is shared between them. Homebrew apps usually go inside switch folder, If you use Homebrew App Store app to download new homebrew apps, they're installed into the correct directory automatically. Note that going online on a hacked console is only safe if you have blocked Nintendo servers by using DNS MITM.

CapitolLimited

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure, but using amiibo emulation and overclocking may put you at risk of getting your console banned. Overclocking should be alright for offline games, but I'm not familiar with it. You can check here on how to avoid getting banned. This thread has some additional info as well.

Personally, I'd keep the sysNAND clean and use it only for legit games, without any modifications to it, and keep all the CFW stuff, running homebrew apps and playing backup games on the emuNAND while blocking Nintendo servers at the same time.

sysNAND and emuNAND partitions are hidden so that users don't mess them up by accident. The only partition you see when you is the microSD card partition which is shared between them. Homebrew apps usually go inside switch folder, If you use Homebrew App Store app to download new homebrew apps, they're installed into the correct directory automatically. Note that going online on a hacked console is only safe if you have blocked Nintendo servers by using DNS MITM.

Thanks. Took a quick glance at that ban thread, and it seems a couple of people have been banned for homebrew only. I guess I'll opt for using one of those Aliexpress amiibo tools.

Reactions: Blythe93

ChocoPenguin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

I’m having problems with autorcm and systemwipe​

I messed up my switch: I wanted to mod it again (I deleted it to give it a fresh start) so I was following a tutorial and while using tregraexplorer I selected the option of “systemwipe.te” and now my console doesn’t start, not even in normal mode, at first I thought it was because I had autorcm on, but when I try to use tegraRcmGUI it doesn’t detect it.

Sometimes when I press the turn on button for a while it shows “Nintendo” (not the logo, only the letters) and sometimes when connected to the pc it shows the battery sign (it is fully charged so that is not the problem)

My first ideas were that it could be bricked or in a autorcm loop but it shouldn’t show the battery or the logo if that were the case

If anyone could help I’d be really happy

WizardWell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am wanting to create 2 partitions for Android and Linux, but I'm a bit confused how to keep my data. It states to mount the Switch to your computer, instead of swapping out the SD card. Is this a simple process of copying over contents? I would assume not since there is a hidden partition. Does the process automatically use the computer's storage? That would be too easy and kinda doesn't make sense.

Just want to clarify before I do this, I definitely don't want to lose anything.

EDIT: I'm using these guides
https://wiki.switchroot.org/wiki/linux/l4t-ubuntu-jammy-installation-guide
https://wiki.switchroot.org/wiki/android/10-q-setup-guide

ThisOldGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought an additional Switch for the purpose of hacking it and playing game backups. I used DBI to rip one of my physical game cards, but realized I did not remember to remove the certificate. I deleted the game dump and never took it-or any other game- online; in fact, I only loaded the dumped copy for a couple of minutes, and as far as I can tell was in emuNAND the whole time. My question is, since I never went online with the game and didn't play it in sysNAND, is it safe to play it in my non-hacked Switch?

Trebuchet

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yuzu n00b here; I downloaded Unicorn Overlord demo on my PC, is it normal that it runs at 32fps? It seems to fluctuate like the game is fast forwarding and slowing down during the intro video. My GPU is a 4070 so I set up to OpenGL. I'm using the lastest version of Yuzu. Thanks for your help.

Edit: just had to run the game in Fullscreen.

Last edited by Trebuchet,

emuman100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When uploading firmware with Daybreak, can fuses ever get burned by skipping multiple major versions, say going from 15.0.1 to 17.0.0 instead of doing it consecutively?

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
When uploading firmware with Daybreak, can fuses ever get burned by skipping multiple major versions, say going from 15.0.1 to 17.0.0 instead of doing it consecutively?
I believe that burning fuses happen only if you update your Switch while in OFW. Updating via Daybreak while on CFW shouldn't burn fuses.

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Where do I begin if I want to hack my switch?
You have a couple of decent guides to choose from, namely:
1) https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/ (my personal favorite)
2) https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy (this one has plenty of guides but doesn't go really into details)
3) https://switch.homebrew.guide/ (also has a great amount of info provided to give you some additional insight in how things work on Switch).

There are a few things that they might not mention, though, so I'll quickly go through them just in case.

When updating firmware, you don't need to update your sysNAND (i.e. where your original / stock firmware is) in order to dump firmware files from it in order to update the firmware on your emuNAND - you can find files on a certain site we aren't allowed to link here (quick Google search is all it takes to find it). Just download the files and extract them to your SD card in a folder that you'll easily find once you launch Daybreak on your emuNAND.

For game backups to work, make sure to get the latest sigpatches and/or sys-patch module (which requires Tesla + nx-ovlloader) as well. Sigpatches are supported for the firmware and Atmosphere version mentioned in the first post and they work for all the previous versions as well. Never update your emuNAND unless Hekate, Atmosphere and sigpatches are updated to work on a latest firmware.
I personally use DBI for installing games on Switch, sthetix made a great video explaining its features and how to use it.
Make sure to set up DNS MITM in order to block Nintendo servers so that you can avoid getting your console banned as much as possible.

Good luck!

WizardWell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am wanting to create 2 partitions for Android and Linux, but I'm a bit confused how to keep my data. It states to mount the Switch to your computer, instead of swapping out the SD card. Is this a simple process of copying over contents? I would assume not since there is a hidden partition. Does the process automatically use the computer's storage? That would be too easy and kinda doesn't make sense.

Just want to clarify before I do this, I definitely don't want to lose anything.

EDIT: I'm using these guides
https://wiki.switchroot.org/wiki/linux/l4t-ubuntu-jammy-installation-guide
https://wiki.switchroot.org/wiki/android/10-q-setup-guide
Can anyone help me understand the partitioning process a bit better? I'm making a nand backup now to be safe.

7TxfsjLJH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Thanks. Took a quick glance at that ban thread, and it seems a couple of people have been banned for homebrew only. I guess I'll opt for using one of those Aliexpress amiibo tools.
I have one of these, they take a watch battery and die quickly. It's also a bit of a pain to update using Bluetooth on the phone. Other then that they're pretty nice.

Pyrate02

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As @Hayato213 said, SX OS is pretty outdated nowadays and Atmosphere is the only up-to-date CFW around. You can check this guide if you want to migrate from SX OS to Atmosphere.
Thanks - in the instructions it says this:

Extract these files into the root of your SD card:

• SX_Gear_v1.1.zip (SX Core/Lite & SX Pro users only)
    • Make sure to overwrite your current boot.dat.
  • hekate_ctcaer_x.x.x_Nyx_x.x.x.zip
  • atmosphere-x.x.x-master.zip
  • SigPatches.zip
Do I put the folders I download right into the root of the SD card or do I have to take the files inside the folders and put them onto the root of the SD card?

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks - in the instructions it says this:

Extract these files into the root of your SD card:

• SX_Gear_v1.1.zip (SX Core/Lite & SX Pro users only)
    • Make sure to overwrite your current boot.dat.
  • hekate_ctcaer_x.x.x_Nyx_x.x.x.zip
  • atmosphere-x.x.x-master.zip
  • SigPatches.zip
Do I put the folders I download right into the root of the SD card or do I have to take the files inside the folders and put them onto the root of the SD card?

You extract them as is to the root. Place the zip files in the root of your sd card, right click and "extract here". Do not move anything out of the extracted folders. You can delete the zip files after.

Reactions: Blythe93

Pyrate02

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You extract them as is to the root. Place the zip files in the root of your sd card, right click and "extract here". Do not move anything out of the extracted folders. You can delete the zip files after.
It is downloading a folder directly into my downloads folder on my computer. Should I just move these folders to the root of my micro sd card?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu