Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
What do I do? Should I delete the original off the switch's "home screen" then reinstall? Should I be installing off my computer? That would be my guess... :wtf:
I tried deleting the soft. It just keeps freezing!!!
Did you enter the maintenance mode on your emuNAND (or sysNAND if you're using it for CFW) in order to clear the cache and/or any pending update? That's what fixed the issue for me and is what I usually do whenever I run out of options.

Also, which microSD card do you use? You could check to see if it's working properly with h2testw.
I tried installing to the SD card instead of the system.
If you're using emuNAND, installing will be installed to SD card, whether it's the emulated system partition or the remaining SD card space.

enochlinux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you enter the maintenance mode on your emuNAND (or sysNAND if you're using it for CFW) in order to clear the cache and/or any pending update? That's what fixed the issue for me and is what I usually do whenever I run out of options.
Nope, but I'll try that. Can I find that in Hekate?
If you're using emuNAND, installing will be installed to SD card, whether it's the emulated system partition or the remaining SD card space.
I switched back to a sysNAND.

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Nope, but I'll try that. Can I find that in Hekate?
Not that I know of, but here's how to do it:
  1. Make sure that your Internet connection is disabled if you're connected right now and remove any saved connections as well.
  2. Turn off your console.
  3. Boot into RCM the way you usually do and, before sending your fusee.bin payload, hold volume + and volume - at the same time and let your console boot into CFW. You'll see an Atmosphere logo, followed by a Switch logo. After a while your Switch will enter into the maintenance mode. At this point any pending update and cache is deleted/cleared (on your sysNAND/emuNAND).
  4. Press the power button once again and It'll shut down the console.
  5. Boot into CFW the way you usually do and see if that fixed your connection issues. Don't forget that connecting to the Internet is safe only if you have DNS MITM in place.

perfectlaklak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys! I have a few questions about the internet connection issue and cheat.

I downloaded Taiko no Tatsujin: Rhythm Festival along with music unlock. By following steps I managed to unlock the dlc songs and play them. However, one annoying issue is that when I select songs from dlc, they will freeze for few seconds. After that they will pop up a message “unable to connect to your internet” or something similar to this. Is there a way to bypass this message?

Some said you can turn on the airplane mode (it would be quicker, but I cannot connect to wireless joycon - 2 joycons)

On the other hand, is there a cheat for games? I am looking for game speed hack for pokemon violet.

rookiesearcher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What does the QR code do when hacking nintendo switch? I'm trying to get a Kiosk nintendo switch to work, and when I use TegraRCM to connect with the switch, it makes the switch display a QR code. The problem is that I can't read this QR code because the backlight on the screen is broken.

enochlinux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not that I know of, but here's how to do it:
  1. Make sure that your Internet connection is disabled if you're connected right now and remove any saved connections as well.
  2. Turn off your console.
  3. Boot into RCM the way you usually do and, before sending your fusee.bin payload, hold volume + and volume - at the same time and let your console boot into CFW. You'll see an Atmosphere logo, followed by a Switch logo. After a while your Switch will enter into the maintenance mode. At this point any pending update and cache is deleted/cleared (on your sysNAND/emuNAND).
  4. Press the power button once again and It'll shut down the console.
  5. Boot into CFW the way you usually do and see if that fixed your connection issues. Don't forget that connecting to the Internet is safe only if you have DNS MITM in place.
I followed this, and tried installing DMC3 instead. It froze up again...

What it looks like when it's frozen, for context, is goldleaf's file browser. No buttons work, except holding down power to shut it off.

HuskerDu25

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I went through different threads trying to find help. Trying to play the Mario vs Donkey kong game and kept getting a spinning animation where the game artwork should be. Got an error when booting up the game. Used AIO and Daybreak to update my switch but it seems to make things worse.
When I boot my CFW it says "No Main Boot Entries Found"

Checked my Hekate file and I have:

[config]autoboot=0autoboot_list=0bootwait=3backlight=100autohosoff=0autonogc=1updater2p=1bootprotect=0

{------ Atmosphere ------}
[Atmosphere FSS0 EmuMMC]fss0=atmosphere/package3cal0blank=1kip1patch=nosigchkemummcforce=1icon=bootloader/res/AtmoA.bmplogopath=bootloader/res/atmogold.bmpid=emummc{}
[Atmosphere FSS0 SYS]fss0=atmosphere/package3kip1patch=nosigchkemummc_force_disable=1icon=bootloader/res/AtmoC2.bmplogopath=bootloader/res/atmored.bmpid=sysnand{}
[CFW (Alt Boot - Fusee)]payload=/bootloader/payloads/fusee.binicon=bootloader/res/AtmoC.bmplogopath=bootloader/res/atmogreen.bmpid=fusee{}

{-------- Stock ---------}
[Stock SYS]fss0=atmosphere/package3stock=1emummc_force_disable=1icon=bootloader/res/stock.bmpid=stock{}
When using USB tool to see what my switch contents look like on my macbook we have:

Any help would be appreciated!

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Checked my Hekate file and I have:

[config]autoboot=0autoboot_list=0bootwait=3backlight=100autohosoff=0autonogc=1updater2p=1bootprotect=0

{------ Atmosphere ------}
[Atmosphere FSS0 EmuMMC]fss0=atmosphere/package3cal0blank=1kip1patch=nosigchkemummcforce=1icon=bootloader/res/AtmoA.bmplogopath=bootloader/res/atmogold.bmpid=emummc{}
[Atmosphere FSS0 SYS]fss0=atmosphere/package3kip1patch=nosigchkemummc_force_disable=1icon=bootloader/res/AtmoC2.bmplogopath=bootloader/res/atmored.bmpid=sysnand{}
[CFW (Alt Boot - Fusee)]payload=/bootloader/payloads/fusee.binicon=bootloader/res/AtmoC.bmplogopath=bootloader/res/atmogreen.bmpid=fusee{}

{-------- Stock ---------}
[Stock SYS]fss0=atmosphere/package3stock=1emummc_force_disable=1icon=bootloader/res/stock.bmpid=stock{}
I'm not sure, but after comparing yours with mine hekate_ipl.ini, it's mostly the same thing (I use the one I got from the sigpatches thread). The only weird thing to me is that what you pasted if formatted the wrong way i.e.:
This line:
should be:
[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=3
backlight=100
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=1
bootprotect=0
and so on.
That would explain the "No Main Boot Entries Found" error.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tried out DBI. It's just giving me "operation not supported or unimplemented on this platform"
Are you using a PC? Is your Switch unpatched and you can inject payloads in RCM? If you can inject payloads with TegraRCM GUI, DBI should work too for USB transfers. It's just a matter of using the right drivers. MTP should just work, though.

Reactions: Blythe93

enochlinux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using a PC? Is your Switch unpatched and you can inject payloads in RCM? If you can inject payloads with TegraRCM GUI, DBI should work too for USB transfers. It's just a matter of using the right drivers. MTP should just work, though.
Doing all these things, I used the drivers, too T_T
I'll try FTP/MTP.

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
@Blythe93 are you the one who had a link to a video on how to use DBI? I can't remember. This might help him to figure it out.
Sure, here it is. Installing LIBUSBK driver for DBI can be a bit finicky and I know I had some trouble with it due to steps not being explained in detail (only somwhat partially in the video's description), but if I remember correctly, you need to:
  1. Connect the Switch to the PC.
  2. Run dbibackend.exe, select one of your games/updates/DLC files (just to test the connection between Switch and PC) and start the server.
  3. Run DBI on Switch and select "Install title from DBI backend". If it works, it works! But it probably won't, so proceed with the next step.
  4. Run Zadig.
  5. Hopefully, DBI will be listed in the dropdown menu (make sure that your start the server in dbibackend).
  6. If it's there, click on the install driver button (LIBUSBK driver should be selected).
  7. After that, you'll probably need to restart the server in dbibackend.exe and restart your DBI app on Switch. Hopefully, it should work now.
If it doesn't work on first try, keep trying. I might have missed a step or two, but that should be it.

Reactions: Dust2dust

HuskerDu25

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not sure, but after comparing yours with mine hekate_ipl.ini, it's mostly the same thing The only weird thing to me is that what you pasted if formatted the wrong way i.e.:
This line:

should be:

and so on.
That would explain the "No Main Boot Entries Found" error.

Thanks for the response

So I just installed a clean version of atmosphere but now when I boot up, I can't boot into my CFW it just bumps me back to the hetake menu. When I load using payloads and then fusee I have my switch work for 5 seconds and then get 2123-0011 error.

confused as to why CFW keeps bumping me back to the main hetake menu.

I can share any screenshots or info if that helps!

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
So I just installed a clean version of atmosphere but now when I boot up, I can't boot into my CFW it just bumps me back to the hetake menu. When I load using payloads and then fusee I have my switch work for 5 seconds and then get 2123-0011 error.
As stated here. if you ever blanked your prodinfo by using either Incognito_RCM or Atmosphere's Exosphere and updated to firmware version 17.0.0 or higher, you'll get that error. If interested, you can read up about changes Nintendo introduced with firmware 17.0.0 here.

Anyway, the crash usually happens as soon as you connect your console to the Internet. Quick fix is to set up DNS MITM in order to block Nintendo servers. "Proper" fix is to undo the prodinfo blanking and use DNS MITM afterwards in order to block Nitnendo servers.

If you used Incognito_RCM, you'll need backup files i.e. either prodinfo_sysnand.bin or prodinfo_emunand.bin should do the trick. The general usage of is explained in the readme file.

On the other hand, if you've used Atmosphere's exosphere.ini, you'll need to set blank_prodinfo_sysmmc=0 and/or blank_prodinfo_emummc=0, depending on which one you used to run your CFW on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
  • Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham:
    Hehehe
    Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham: Hehehe