Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Basically, i have an ofw with latest firmware and an emunand with an old firmware. I'm afraid or bricking my switch, so i didn't try anything, and now im reading that its not possible to boot cfw from emunand if you have the latest firmware, or that you can boot but would not be able to do anything because of sigpatchs. I'm fucked? Can I use CFW? what should i do?
Right now, as far as I can tell, Sigpatches still don't work for 17.0.0, so I wouldn't go over 16.1.0 just yet.

Provided you can boot into CFW emuNAND, you should update Hekate, grab latest stable Atmosphere (not pre-release) and Sigpatches for FW 16.1.0 and Atmosphere 1.5.5 and upgrade your emuNAND's firmware to 16.1.0 via Daybreak (I believe we aren't allowed to link to the files you need so you'll need to find them by yourself, it shouldn't be too hard).

Super Mario Wonder works just fine on 16.1.0 as far as I can tell, so there's no need to update to 17.0.0 for now unless you know what you're doing.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: Doom32x

Doom32x

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Argentina
Right now, as far as I can tell, Sigpatches still don't work for 17.0.0, so I wouldn't go over 16.1.0 just yet.

Provided you can boot into CFW emuNAND, you should update Hekate, grab latest stable Atmosphere (not pre-release) and Sigpatches for FW 16.1.0 and Atmosphere 1.5.5 and upgrade your emuNAND's firmware to 16.1.0 via Daybreak (I believe we aren't allowed to link to the files you need so you'll need to find them by yourself, it shouldn't be too hard).

Super Mario Wonder works just fine on 16.1.0 as far as I can tell, so there's no need to update to 17.0.0 for now unless you know what you're doing.

Hope that helps.
thank you very much, this was the response i needed. i did all that in less than 20min, and it was flawless, now i can try mario wonder with my brother tomorrow one week earlier than expected. thank you so much

Reactions: Blythe93

se9n

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I updated my Switch to 17.0.0 on accident, which made me update Atmosphere and Hekate by default afterwards.

However, after I finished everything I was gonna boot it up but the screen remained black.

Here's what I did and what's noteworthy:

-The sysNAND is the only NAND that i accidentally updated (emuNAND and stock OS are not)
-I had autoRCM turned on before I updated (I've read a couple threads and some say that it might be a culprit)
-I already tried deleting the atmosphere and bootloader folder and replacing them with the ones that came with the update
-I already tried holding the POWER button down for 15 seconds and then once more without any sd card or game inside.
-If I run TegraRcmGUI with my switch turned on, no RCM device is detected. I already updated the USB drivers too.

I'm a little scared and if somebody is able to maybe give me a solution or at least steer me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated! ^^ Thanks in advance!

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I don't have much experience with updating sysNAND, but I believe that if you've updated your sysNAND, in that case you've updated your OFW as well. They are the same thing, no? Also, you should disable AutoRCM just in case and try booting into Hekate or Atmosphere with their latest payloads manually.

Currently for CFW to work on a sysNAND, you need to have the latest release of Atmosphere (pre-release 1.6.0 build) and latest Hekate. Sadly, Sigpatches are still not up-to-date for the latest firmware, you'll have to wait for them.

As far as emuNAND goes, you should stick to 16.1.0 for now. Hekate and Nyx are fine to update for the lastest version. For Atmosphere, go wtih the v1.5.5 instead and grab the latest Sigpatches from here.

Also, it should go without saying that you should never update your Switch unless you check that everything is up-to-date and reported working by developers and other users. Hekate and Nyx are usually the first to get an update from what I've gathered, followed by Atmosphere, followed by Sigpatches. As for the firmware files, I get mine from the certain website that hosts them as I like to keep my OFW at the lowest possible firmware.

Reactions: Dratini

fatherjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Alright next we're gonna try something a little different. Have you ever heard of Maintenance Mode? Its fine if you haven't. What you're going to do is turn off your console if it isn't powered down already. Then you're going to turn it on but as you're turning it on, you're going to hold down the volume + and - buttons. If successfully executed, you will enter Maintenance Mode. From here, there is nothing else you need to do. Simply exit or turn the console off then try launching or installing the games again.
THX!
@Draxzelex this worked for me :grog::grog::grog::grog::grog:

Reactions: Draxzelex

gavinhanma

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am in a similar position, my daughter updated my OFW to 17, I can get in ok, ive updated atmosphere and fusee but none of the games launch is that just because the of signatures? Do I just need to wait?

Cheers

G

Dratini

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Hope that helps.

Is it safe to downgrade via cfw sysnand? Since I can't acess emunand (Failed to apply nosigchk)?
Post automatically merged:

Hope that helps.

Is it safe to update via cfw sysnand? It's the only way for me, since I can't acess emuNAND (Failed to apply nosigchk)

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it safe to downgrade via cfw sysnand? Since I can't acess emunand (Failed to apply nosigchk)?

Is it safe to update via cfw sysnand? It's the only way for me, since I can't acess emuNAND (Failed to apply nosigchk)

Just wait it out, you make it even worse downgrade sysnand firmware if you got fuse count of 19.

mtnmann

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I'm trying to install .nsp game files in Goldleaf. I get a similar message every time.

ERROR
An error ocurred attempting to install the NSP:
Error: 2145-0001 (0x291)

Any ideas what is going on? Should I try a different method?

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Like Hayato213 said, just wait for a proper release of Atmosphere and working sigpatches, update your SD card contents and you'll be good to go. Downgrading sysNAND is not a good idea. It probably won't even work as far as I know, I only update my emuNAND whenever it's 100% safe to update (i.e. when Hekate, Atmosphere and sigpatches are working properly).

Reactions: Hayato213

Dratini

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Like Hayato213 said, just wait for a proper release of Atmosphere and working sigpatches, update your SD card contents and you'll be good to go. Downgrading sysNAND is not a good idea. It probably won't even work as far as I know, I only update my emuNAND whenever it's 100% safe to update (i.e. when Hekate, Atmosphere and sigpatches are working properly).
But you think it's safe to downgrade EmuNand?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But you think it's safe to downgrade EmuNand?

You can try it if you break the emunand it just mean you have to build a new one from scratch.

FAT32, with SD Partition emuMMC.

You a mac user? 010041544D530000 tends to have to do with archive bits.

Bozerbear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nob Question here,

I just got back my modded switch and I accidently updated the stock OS to firmware 17 and now my CFW says fuse don't match and the sleep option wont be available.

Also if I try and go into stock fw I get the message unknown pkg1 version, fail ro launch host.

anyone know what to do when you make this mistake?

Attachments

• received_266208513067673.jpeg
    received_266208513067673.jpeg
    61.5 KB · Views: 31
  • received_1043899880375184.jpeg
    received_1043899880375184.jpeg
    72.6 KB · Views: 22

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy