Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

TheJinKazama

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, yes. NAND backups are always important!
Thanks, I didn't know whether the originals backups would act the same way as these new ones.
Post automatically merged:

I am currently creating an emuMMC using this guide: https://switch.homebrew.guide/emummc/emummc
At step 3, Hekate's partition manager tells me that my files will be wiped. I tried copying the SD files to my PC using USB UMS and by plugging the SD directly into my PC but neither would let me copy everything over. My PC will not allow me to copy the switch folder (nor its contents) to my PC to make a backup. All other files and folders are copied correctly. If I try to open any of the folders within the switch folder on my PC, I get the error message 'location is unavailable'.

Update for future reference: I copied the remainder of the files over to my PC (minus the switch folder). I then proceeded with the partition which removed all files from my SD. I copied the backup files from my PC back to the sd card and then copied the switch folder I had from a previous SD card backup, replaying the prod.keys files with the backup I made earlier in the CFW process.

All appears to be working.

Last edited by TheJinKazama,

xCBM_Kilo0x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey i use yuzu and was wondering how to make my own cheats i think someone said before i need breeze or edizon but im not really sure how to install either if anyone could help i'd appreaciate it bc i have no idea what im doing

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, my jailbroken Switch got accidentally connected to WiFi and updated to 16.0.3 and games aren't launching anymore.

What would the process to jailbreak it again look like? Please let me know if there's any other context you need to be able to help out and thanks in advance!
Firstly, you do not "jailbreak" the Nintendo Switch. Jailbreaking is a term used only for the Playstation and iOS devices. A more accurate term would be "hacking" the Switch. Secondly, the process is the same as when you hacked it the first time. Just retrace your steps and you will be back in CFW.

WizardOfEvergreen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Newbie to the fourms and switch modding in general here: What is the state of trying to mod XAJ7 and XKW1 (and up) switches? I know they're patched with available vulnerabilities in the sleep mode and recovery mode, but is that really it? Could something like even a shit game allow for a vulnerability too? Sorry for the question dump.

Last edited by WizardOfEvergreen,

a_username_that_is_cool

Well-Hated Member (Also)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Newbie to the fourms and switch modding in general here: What is the state of trying to mod XAJ7 and XKW1 (and up) switches? I know they're patched with available vulnerabilities in the sleep mode and recovery mode, but is that really it? Could something like even a shit game allow for a vulnerability too? Sorry for the question dump.
Only 1 shit game allows for that, Puyo Puyo Tetris (JP 1.0 ONLY). That's an entrypoint for PegaScape.

Bajdo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I need to update the fw on my hacked switch, atmosphere. Is there any step by step guide anywhere to be found? 🤔

Nynrah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Does anyone know if it's possible to use cheats that are used on the Switch via Edizon SE/Breeze when playing a Switch game on an emulator like Yuzu?

WizardOfEvergreen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only 1 shit game allows for that, Puyo Puyo Tetris (JP 1.0 ONLY). That's an entrypoint for PegaScape.
I'll look into that more, thank you! I found a seller on Etsy that'll help install a rp2040 modchip though, so I think ill go with them.

Oh yeah, is using etsy sellers like them recommended? They've got good reviews down the board considering the obvious risk, but if theres a more trusted alternative install service then I'd gladly splurge for that.

Freyjadour

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Sorry if this has been asked before,
I just modded my oled switch, and noticed the switch gets hot when I plug it in charger, the temperature for PCB is usually goes up around 50-60, while SOC Temperature always stays within 38-44 degree celcius, the fan is spinning at 20% when SOC temp is at 43~. This happened when I charge my switch from 15% to 80% battery. Is this normal? Because my unpatched switch doesnt go above 50 when I charge it, usually the soc and pcb temp are close, SOC/PCB 49/48 but the fan definitely spins faster than my oled.

EDIT: the temperature above is when I use it while charging. If I don't use it, the switch only gets warm when I touch it, and normal temperature for my oled switch without charger are Soc/PCB/Skin 35/35/36 to 41/40/41

Freyjadour

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
@Freyjadour: It could have different causes. As a precaution, I would renew the thermal paste, clean the interior of dust and check if the battery is still in good condition.
Sorry for not mentioning it sooner, I did repaste my switch, and my switch is only 4 months old, so the battery should be good, checked with hekate before as well. Temp idle is 30 degree, ~43 when playing. When connected to charger and using it, it sits around 45~ and gets rather hot. Aside from that, the switch is working normally, and the battery definitely last longer than my v1.

baobao43

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
https://rentry.org/EmuNANDNewSDcardDumb question but just to make sure I must ask. I am curently using the latest hektate and atmosphere but want more space so I am switching to a bigger sd. I am using a partition based Emunand. Is this guide on rentry the one I should follow? And is using Hektate better than Nxnand manager? Also should I backup my sysnand and keys again?

eniorodriig_

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wondered if someone could help, just bought a Unpatched Switch and on the pictures it seemed that modded apps were already installed e.g Tinfoil - the Switch is being sent with the SD Card removed (doesn't come with it), so I was just wondering what my first steps would be once I get the Switch - thanks.

memo95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello guys

I am on the version 9.1.0 and AMS 0.10.2|S I cannot install newer NSP. Do we have any guide to update it? I am having issue with installement Error: 0x236e02 (NSP) (4535). Can you please help me with that?

Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, Hi +1