Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

6adget

GBAtemp's official atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a hacked switch. it's on 14 something firmware. I want to update it, but I can't remember what steps to take. By the time I need to update it, enough time has passed that I forget how to. Can someone please point me in the right direction? I have found a tutorial on hacking a switch, but not one about updating a switch that's already hacked. Thanks in advance.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a hacked switch. it's on 14 something firmware. I want to update it, but I can't remember what steps to take. By the time I need to update it, enough time has passed that I forget how to. Can someone please point me in the right direction? I have found a tutorial on hacking a switch, but not one about updating a switch that's already hacked. Thanks in advance.
Are you updating the firmware or the CFW? If you're updating the firmware, you can use the homebrew app Daybreak which comes bundled with Atmosphere by default. The only trick to it is that you need to download the files of the firmware you wish to update to separately. Since they are copyrighted material, links cannot be provided on this site but rest assured they are readily available illegally on the Internet. If you want to update the CFW, its as simple as deleting the old files and folders and downloading the new ones from their respective GitHub pages. The Atmosphere GitHub can be found here and if you're pirating any games, you must download the latest patches as well from this thread.

Reactions: Youser and 6adget

switchnoob2023

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can source game update online or one of those tinfoil shops out there.
Thanks, wasn't sure if I was just missing an NRO or process out there to do it.

For the official games showing up but not actually usable, now I'm running CFW, is it better to just go grab unofficial versions, or is it safe for me to switch back to OFW and 'go online' to grab them as usual from Nintendo? I've installed some ncp and xcis so far, not aiming to go online for playing and don't think I've applied any cheats yet.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, wasn't sure if I was just missing an NRO or process out there to do it.

For the official games showing up but not actually usable, now I'm running CFW, is it better to just go grab unofficial versions, or is it safe for me to switch back to OFW and 'go online' to grab them as usual from Nintendo? I've installed some ncp and xcis so far, not aiming to go online for playing and don't think I've applied any cheats yet.

Just grab nsp version if you are running on CFW.

6adget

GBAtemp's official atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you updating the firmware or the CFW? If you're updating the firmware, you can use the homebrew app Daybreak which comes bundled with Atmosphere by default. The only trick to it is that you need to download the files of the firmware you wish to update to separately. Since they are copyrighted material, links cannot be provided on this site but rest assured they are readily available illegally on the Internet. If you want to update the CFW, its as simple as deleting the old files and folders and downloading the new ones from their respective GitHub pages. The Atmosphere GitHub can be found here and if you're pirating any games, you must download the latest patches as well from this thread.
Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post and explain everything. even providing what links are allowed here.

Reactions: Draxzelex

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As we know, the switch v2, oled and lite needs a hwfly mod chip currently to get jailbreak on it, so cant we just make a possible way to exploit the switch by intercepting the bluetooth that allows it to connect it to the joy-cons, wouldnt it then recognise them as joycons and recieve any input from a trusted joycon, so you can run a script which will cause it to believe that the joycon is running this and through this script we can reach dev mode, then we can jailbreak it using the rcm loader and stuff, if this is wrong, then can someone please explain to me why it doesnt work because im thinking of the wii mini jailbreak.
If you don't know how to hack a console, please don't create ideas on how to hack one. You need an exploit, not an idea. Hackers don't pick the avenue on how to hack. They look for vulnerabilities. Leave it to the experts and either get yourself a modchip or an unpatched unit.

Reactions: iCornflakes

Walo

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
My console crashed when I was recording a video of gameplay and opening the album as soon as it got saved.
It sent me to a black screen with some yellow text saying to push any button to reset the console. Press a volume key and got sent back to Nyx payload screen and relaunched it but it gets stuck on the boot up screen.

Hard reset and used RCM to send the payload but I get this black screen which says:
"Old Nyx GUI found! There will be dragons!
Update the bootloader folder!
Press any key..."

I can go to the bootloader screen and try to launch a boot loader but it stays stuck on the Switch boot up screen.
I'm on Hekate 5.9.0, Nyx 1.2.2
I don't remember what FW I'm at but I think it was v16.0.0?

What should I do? Thanks in advance for any help.

Edit: another strange thing happened. My SD is set to read only for some reason? I tried flipping the switch the SD adapter but didn’t help. My PC says it’s damaged and to repair it but won’t let me.

Gonna have to do a full back up and reformat it I guess. It’s a Samsung EVO one.

Edit 2: I was having trouble reformatting the SD card. Couldn't change the Read Only format, not even through Command Prompt.

However I was able to back up the data and used a different SD card and the Switch booted up fine! So it's definately an issue with the SD card and since the new SD card that worked is just a 64GB I'd really love to try and fix the old one. Any help with that would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Walo,

Priw8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So I may be a bit paranoid here, but is there a way to allow the switch to *only* connect to given URLs/IPs? I've found a few ways to redirect/block given ones, but I'd prefer to do it as a whitelist instead (since there isn't a whole bunch of things I want to connect to anyway).

Youser

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Getting this message after factory resetting the console. I have a dual Nand setup on the SD. Is there any way I can stop this message from popping up? Or is it safe to delete what it’s asking without it affecting my CFW setup on the SD?

Attachments

• DFFB51B5-03BA-47F3-BD47-F812A54F9742.jpeg
    DFFB51B5-03BA-47F3-BD47-F812A54F9742.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 24
Last edited by Youser,

heard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I restart my switch it boots into EmuNAND. I was wondering if there is a way to make it so it boots into SysCFW instead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: what's the fanfic name?