Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using TegraRCM to inject the payload (hekate_ctcaer_6.0.3) if that's what you're asking me

60391752-95605580-9afe-11e9-8a2d-87881c46cc97-png.171773

Check options tab if you have anything to autoboot.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's set to off. I'm just gonna leave it as it is since it isn't too much of a problem. Thank you for taking the time to reply though :yay:

If you inject hekate it should boot atmosphere if you don't have it to set to auto Atmosphere. How you rebooting using Atmosphere reboot to payload?

Walo

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Ran into a new issue with the new SD card I got. I can boot up the payload fine and the Switch launches into CFW. However, when I try to launch the homebrew launcher either through the Album or through selecting a game, the system crashes.

If it's the through the Album I get the error: 2168-0000 (0xa8)
I'm on FW 15.0.1 Atmosphere 1.5.2
I did get a new version of atmosphere after I had all the issues with the SD card earlier but I left everything else as is. Didn't update sig patches or anything else.
I still get the

"Old Nyx GUI found! There will be dragons!
Update de bootloader folder!
Press any key..."

What should I update there to fix that?
Edit: Updated the bootloader folder and I don't get the Old Nyx error but I still get the same error trying to boot Homebrew Launcher
Edit 2: Updated the hbmenu.nro and it fixed itself. Seemed to be the same version so not sure what happened.

Last edited by Walo,

Youser

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Getting this message after factory resetting the console. I have a dual Nand setup on the SD. Is there any way I can stop this message from popping up? Or is it safe to delete what it’s asking without it affecting my CFW setup on the SD?
Anyone have any idea about this?

Dandan0404

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
QUICK QUESTION:

If i have pokemon unite and fornite in my ofw, then mod it. does the sysnand have the copy of pokemon unite and fortnite and can i still use NSO subscription and online games in sysnand CFW right?

also, how to update OFW ( AND SHOULD I?) . lets say i have 16.0.2 and in the future 18.0.0, should i wifi update OFW, is it safe?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I may be a bit paranoid here, but is there a way to allow the switch to *only* connect to given URLs/IPs? I've found a few ways to redirect/block given ones, but I'd prefer to do it as a whitelist instead (since there isn't a whole bunch of things I want to connect to anyway).
You may have to setup your own DNS server. Someone already did that a few years ago called YourFriendlyDNS however the thread hasn't been touched for a while so your mileage may vary.
Hello,
i have 2 switch with picofly, v1 and lite,
can i use same SD card with emuMMC installed for both switch ?
You can use emuMMC for both but the SD card will only work with sysMMC for one console. If you boot sysMMC on the other console with that card, you will get a prompt that the SD card is being used by another console.
Getting this message after factory resetting the console. I have a dual Nand setup on the SD. Is there any way I can stop this message from popping up? Or is it safe to delete what it’s asking without it affecting my CFW setup on the SD?
This message is pertaining to the Nintendo folder since that folder is specific per console and normally prevents SD cards from being used on multiple consoles. If you don't have any installed games within the Nintendo folder on the root of your card, you can delete the Nintendo folder yourself.
QUICK QUESTION:

If i have pokemon unite and fornite in my ofw, then mod it. does the sysnand have the copy of pokemon unite and fortnite and can i still use NSO subscription and online games in sysnand CFW right?

also, how to update OFW ( AND SHOULD I?) . lets say i have 16.0.2 and in the future 18.0.0, should i wifi update OFW, is it safe?
Any usage of mods and/or CFW can get you banned even if you use Nintendo Switch online so while you can mod your legitimate games on sysMMC, you risk losing your online connections with Nintendo.

There are also multiple avenues for updating your firmware. The simplest is to just connect to the Internet and update your firmware online. You don't have to worry about a ban taking away your ability to update online as most bans only restrict eShop access and online play. However if you're updating your firmware online after ever using CFW/homebrew, you run the risk of a ban. Also, you burn your anti-downgrade fuses when you normally update online preventing you from being able to downgrade in case a better exploit is released down the line such as an untethered coldboot.

There are other ways of updating that can not only prevent your fuses from being burnt but also keep you offline. The most notable is the homebrew app, Daybreak. It performs the same functions as updating online but does it offline and doesn't burn your anti-downgrade fuses. The only downside is that you once again run the risk of being banned if you ever do go back online since it is a homebrew application.

The method that I personally use to update my sysMMC is installing a system update downloaded online while offline and in CFW. The reason the fuses get burnt is because of the console's stock bootloader. When the system finishes installing a system update, it always reboots so this way the stock bootloader can burn the fuses (think of the Nintendo logo). Thanks to the scene, we have custom bootloaders that do not burn fuses such as Hekate or fusee. To trigger them during a system update, we have to install the system update in CFW. For extra precaution, its recommended to remove any Wi-Fi settings prior to launching CFW so Nintendo doesn't notice. And since we have to remove the Wi-Fi settings, its recommended to download the system update from the Internet in OFW rather than CFW. I haven't been banned yet due to using this method but the risks still remains as I have to boot CFW. Oh and make sure AutoRCM is enabled.

If you want to completely avoid any CFW and homebrew to update your firmware but keep your fuses, you can manually re-enter RCM after a system update finishes installing. When the console reboots after finishing the system update, you can retrigger RCM to load a custom bootloader before the console's stock bootloader runs and burns the fuses. However your window is small and you only get one chance. If you don't trigger RCM during this window, the stock bootloader will load and burn the fuses. This means the chances of this method working all depend on how good your jig is an entering RCM. If your jig isn't 99% effective, then you risk burning your fuses with this method. This method is not recommended for the faint of heart but is the most effective at updating the firmware without burning fuses and preventing a ban.

Youser

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This message is pertaining to the Nintendo folder since that folder is specific per console and normally prevents SD cards from being used on multiple consoles. If you don't have any installed games within the Nintendo folder on the root of your card, you can delete the Nintendo folder yourself.
Would my CFW games be in there?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m not sure how I have it setup, how can I check?
When you launch CFW and go into System Settings to check your current firmware, it uses a letter to indicate if you are in emuMMC (E) or sysMMC (S). Or if you use Hekate to launch CFW, it should tell you if are launching CFW in sysMMC or emuMMC. As for your emummc.ini, you will have to open that file on your computer and check where its reading the Nintendo folder.

Reactions: Youser

Youser

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When you launch CFW and go into System Settings to check your current firmware, it uses a letter to indicate if you are in emuMMC (E) or sysMMC (S). Or if you use Hekate to launch CFW, it should tell you if are launching CFW in sysMMC or emuMMC. As for your emummc.ini, you will have to open that file on your computer and check where its reading the Nintendo folder.
I’ve got the letter E. I’ll have a look at the .ini file.

Walo

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I updated the console and now it gives me me an error when trying to launch it.
"Unknown pkg1 version
HOS version not supported

Trying backup bootloader...
Found pkg1 ('2023011110014')

Unknown pkg1 version
HOS version not supported

Failed to launch..."

I updated to the latest Atmosphere so I'm not sure what might be the issue...

God it's been disaster after disaster.

Edit: NVM for some reason I was using Hekate 5.9.0 thinking it was the last version, I'm an idiot. Got 6.0.3 and it worked.

Last edited by Walo,

Dandan0404

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
If your jig isn't 99% effective
First of all, thank you for the information ahaha.

Second, what I meant for mod is modchip since I have oled switch. Now base from my understanding I should always update sysMMC and emuMMC through daybreak with legit firmware. How about ofw( press + & - button) can I update using WiFi?

_mitchel

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, it's days I've been searching online to find the difference between the Oled's Hwfly versions (Hwfly Oled V4.1/V4.1+/V4.2/V4.3/V5/V5+ ), in particular their bundles (Deluxe, +...?????), to buy the best and most updated...
May anyone suggest me which one should I buy and explain differences? At the moment I saw v5 finishing on the blue store but I can wait if it's for the best. Thank you in advance!

Catlord

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hi
I keep getting error messages when I try to factory reset my Switch (error 2002-0008). I also get an error when trying to delete my second user (2002-0007), and I have a couple of saves that can't be removed. Everything else is deleted from the Switch. I have removed sd card, game cartridges, used another sd, factory reset from boot meny etc. It seems to me like the internal memory is corrupted. Sx os have been installed but I switched back to ofw years ago and have not been banned. The switch is updated and I have a old nand backup saved. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Also this song https://youtu.be/27RWx9Q6LcQ?si=c7C8YuRoIPHadiQ0