Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Dandan0404

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
On emmummc it is on the SD card, you can try dbi.

https://github.com/rashevskyv/dbi/releases/tag/527
waiting for my switch yet(doing research)...

so i have chosen dbi mtp responder method by sthethix video...
1. Does drag and dropping updates and dlc the same for installing games? does it automitcally know?
2. what would happen if i accidentaly drag updates/dlc without the game installed?
3. is it better than NUT 3.3 by tinfoil?

was sticking to copy sd card > install by tinfoil > delete file from sd card method but i this this is nice and will work. hoping i can install in the internal memory so we can use the spare 64gb-ish

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
waiting for my switch yet(doing research)...

so i have chosen dbi mtp responder method by sthethix video...
1. Does drag and dropping updates and dlc the same for installing games? does it automitcally know?
2. what would happen if i accidentaly drag updates/dlc without the game installed?
3. is it better than NUT 3.3 by tinfoil?

was sticking to copy sd card > install by tinfoil > delete file from sd card method but i this this is nice and will work. hoping i can install in the internal memory so we can use the spare 64gb-ish

You can drag and drop if you use dbi mtp responder, I don't use nut by tinfoil, it is just more complicated to use. If you created an emumand it is not the internal 64GB space, it is the emulated nand on the SD card.

Tricil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just finished soldering in an HWFly v5 to my v1 patched switch. Is there a decent guide on what to do from there? Also I just saw a video where the guy said you have to update your firmware before installing the modchip, but he was modding an Oled. I'm still on 14.1.2 did I screw up by not updating ahead of time?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just finished soldering in an HWFly v5 to my v1 patched switch. Is there a decent guide on what to do from there? Also I just saw a video where the guy said you have to update your firmware before installing the modchip, but he was modding an Oled. I'm still on 14.1.2 did I screw up by not updating ahead of time?

You can update your ofw firmware as long you do a clean ofw boot, hold down both volume buttons and press the power button to boot into stock.

You could also use Hekate to boot stock.

fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp

Tricil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can update your ofw firmware as long you do a clean ofw boot, hold down both volume buttons and press the power button to boot into stock.

You could also use Hekate to boot stock.

fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp
So I'm not quite to that point yet. Is there a decent updated guide setting up the emunand or whatever is need and then on installing Hekate, atmosphere and do you have any other suggestions after that?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm not quite to that point yet. Is there a decent updated guide setting up the emunand or whatever is need and then on installing Hekate, atmosphere and do you have any other suggestions after that?

Rentry
Post automatically merged:

Should i back up SD emuMMC??? or i can just delete and start new when it goes wrong?

Only backed up eMMC/sysnand...

If you want to use an emunand, then just stick with what you have.

Reactions: Tricil

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been a while since I checked up on the OLED modding scene. What is the news on it these days? Is it possible to hack/mod an OLED Switch (with or without a chip)? I was thinking of buying one of the new OLED ToTK edition Switch's and looking into getting it chipped, or whatever. Feedback?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so...
for example...
i create emunand....
the save file also goin to emunand ? since the save file originaly located from nand ?

*if someday i install those games back... i can continue the progress without problem right?
so its safe to uninstall my 5 games ? im planning to clean delete all games...
Yes, since initially emuMMC is just a copy of sysMMC, any save data in emuMMC will automatically be in emuMMC. If you want to delete your games, you can safely do so since the save data will be intact.
It's been a while since I checked up on the OLED modding scene. What is the news on it these days? Is it possible to hack/mod an OLED Switch (with or without a chip)? I was thinking of buying one of the new OLED ToTK edition Switch's and looking into getting it chipped, or whatever. Feedback?
OLED consoles can only be hacked with a modchip which may never change.

Reactions: nico77

switchnoob2023

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the right process to patch games to newer versions? I've a bunch of legit eshop games showing as cloud downloadable and also I've dumped some cartridges so I don't need to take a stack of cartridges everywhere with me, but as I blocked Nintendo access via hosts file and put 90DNS on my wifi settings to prevent phoning home, I'm struggling to work out the right way to apply patches? I've found some online but wondering is that the 'only way' now?

I've not gone back to OFW since putting CFW on, for fear of being banned, but is that the right/only way to grab the downloads of my eshop games now? I assumed copying from my old SD card backup from before applying CFW to my new SD card would bring the necessary game files over but it doesn't seem to have... any help much appreciated!

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the right process to patch games to newer versions? I've a bunch of legit eshop games showing as cloud downloadable and also I've dumped some cartridges so I don't need to take a stack of cartridges everywhere with me, but as I blocked Nintendo access via hosts file and put 90DNS on my wifi settings to prevent phoning home, I'm struggling to work out the right way to apply patches? I've found some online but wondering is that the 'only way' now?

I've not gone back to OFW since putting CFW on, for fear of being banned, but is that the right/only way to grab the downloads of my eshop games now? I assumed copying from my old SD card backup from before applying CFW to my new SD card would bring the necessary game files over but it doesn't seem to have... any help much appreciated!

You can source game update online or one of those tinfoil shops out there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Nighty night.