Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

revilococo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That did it! Thank you so much!!
Did you update your FW to 15.0.0+?

If so, are you using the version mentioned here?

https://gbatemp.net/threads/broken-sysmods-after-fw-15-0-0-update.620866/page-2#post-9980134

Try out Breeze to download cheats and put them in the proper place:

https://github.com/tomvita/Breeze-Beta

Also might need this if yiu can’t turn off cheats once yiu get them working:

Cheats Always On Cheats won’t turn off? Here’s how to fix that

• Love
Reactions: binkinator

raphzthename

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use something like WinSCP or FileZilla instead of your browser.

I like this FTP server…it can be always on:
Here’s an app that produces a link to pull gallery assets from your phone: https://github.com/iUltimateLP/NXGallery
Thank you for the WinSCP suggestion! That works great. I'll try NXGallery when I get around to it.
I've tried both drivers, but unfortunately my PC still doesn't recognize my Switch when plugged in. Very strange that it works with another Switch with no issues.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the WinSCP suggestion! That works great. I'll try NXGallery when I get around to it.
Cool!
I've tried both drivers, but unfortunately my PC still doesn't recognize my Switch when plugged in. Very strange that it works with another Switch with no issues.
That is strange. Seems to be on the switch side then.

Let's try something that sometimes works for weird issues...

Enter into maintenance mode by following steps 1 and 2 and then....just reboot and see if that fixes the issue. That's right...don't do step 3 or anything else, just get into maintenance mode and reboot.

https://en-americas-support.nintend...to-update-nintendo-switch-in-maintenance-mode

KiwiSwitcher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hi folks,

I just tried to update my Switch to Atmos 1.4.0 but I fear I've done things in the wrong order.

I downloaded latest atmos from github and put it in the right place on my SD card (as well as the latest fusee), overwriting old files.
I generated my own sigpatches using the auto sigpatcher and copied them to the right place on my SD card (as well as the patches config file), overwriting old files.

However I did all of this BEFORE installing the latest Switch FW.

I booted up my switch using TeraRCMGUI (2.5) but the switch gives an error message saying:
"A fatal error occured when running Fusée.
Incorrect fusee version! (program=0xb46dcf71, mtc=0xd40bf51f)
Press POWER to reboot."

I tried pressing power but same thing happens.
I tried pulling the SD card out, replacing the new fusee with the old fusee, reinserting card and trying again. Same result.

I'm worried this is all because I should have installed the new Switch FW before the CFW.

Help pls!

Thanks

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi folks,

I just tried to update my Switch to Atmos 1.4.0 but I fear I've done things in the wrong order.

I downloaded latest atmos from github and put it in the right place on my SD card (as well as the latest fusee), overwriting old files.
I generated my own sigpatches using the auto sigpatcher and copied them to the right place on my SD card (as well as the patches config file), overwriting old files.

However I did all of this BEFORE installing the latest Switch FW.

I booted up my switch using TeraRCMGUI (2.5) but the switch gives an error message saying:
"A fatal error occured when running Fusée.
Incorrect fusee version! (program=0xb46dcf71, mtc=0xd40bf51f)
Press POWER to reboot."

I tried pressing power but same thing happens.
I tried pulling the SD card out, replacing the new fusee with the old fusee, reinserting card and trying again. Same result.

I'm worried this is all because I should have installed the new Switch FW before the CFW.

Help pls!

Thanks
You've done it perfectly. Always get the new Atmos/Hekate working first and THEN upgrade FW.

Are you by chance injecting an older version of fusee.bin in tegra? Try injecting hekate.x.x.x.bin (or the same version of fusee.bin.)

Here's a guide in case you want some confirmation of things as you go:

https://rentry.co/SwitchHackingIsEasy

Reactions: KiwiSwitcher

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone install Feral Gamemode to improve retroarch/retropie performance? Wondering if it would make much difference on l4t?

You're talking about this guy, right?

https://github.com/FeralInteractive/gamemode

If so, it looks like its primary target is Intel/AMD (x86_64) architecture while Switch is ARM (RISC.) This tool likely won't work on Switch as a result.

GameMode was designed primarily as a stop-gap solution to problems with the Intel and AMD CPU powersave or ondemand governors, but is now host to a range of optimisation features and configurations.

raphzthename

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool!

That is strange. Seems to be on the switch side then.

Let's try something that sometimes works for weird issues...

Enter into maintenance mode by following steps 1 and 2 and then....just reboot and see if that fixes the issue. That's right...don't do step 3 or anything else, just get into maintenance mode and reboot.

https://en-americas-support.nintend...to-update-nintendo-switch-in-maintenance-mode
That didn't work either :(

Is there a way to completely uninstall both drivers? Maybe starting fresh will work.

Shukakku_

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I want to update my Sysnand to be able to access the N eshop and to be able to play online games, my question is, if I update Sysnand to the latest FW. will it affect my CFW? or are they're two separate things?.

Current FW: 1.14.2

KiwiSwitcher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
You've done it perfectly. Always get the new Atmos/Hekate working first and THEN upgrade FW.

Are you by chance injecting an older version of fusee.bin in tegra? Try injecting hekate.x.x.x.bin (or the same version of fusee.bin.)

Here's a guide in case you want some confirmation of things as you go:

https://rentry.co/SwitchHackingIsEasy
Okayyyy another problem has arisen.

When I was finished with the process I checked my Switch FW and it has updated to 15.0.1. I realised that I had installed the patches using Darsthernie's Firmware for 15.0.0 instead.
Sooo I downloaded the darsthernie firmware for 15.0.1, and went through the same process of generating sigs etc.
I put all the new patches on the SD (and the new patches config file), and then tried out the switch.

My cartridge game plays but my downloaded games do not.

They say:
"Could not start the software.
Please try again from the HOME Menu." (I was trying from the home menu)

Do you think I need to reinstall all of my downloaded games perhaps??

Thanks

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That didn't work either :(

Is there a way to completely uninstall both drivers? Maybe starting fresh will work.
Well, if you have another switch and it's connecting up w/o issue...it's not the drivers or the cable.

It's the Switch itself.

Maybe some dirt in the connector?

Might need to take the back off and start looking at the USB-C connector from inside.

You can cut a USB-C cable and plug it in to test continuity from outside to the pads inside.
Post automatically merged:

Okayyyy another problem has arisen.

When I was finished with the process I checked my Switch FW and it has updated to 15.0.1. I realised that I had installed the patches using Darsthernie's Firmware for 15.0.0 instead.
Sooo I downloaded the darsthernie firmware for 15.0.1, and went through the same process of generating sigs etc.
I put all the new patches on the SD (and the new patches config file), and then tried out the switch.

My cartridge game plays but my downloaded games do not.

They say:
"Could not start the software.
Please try again from the HOME Menu." (I was trying from the home menu)

Do you think I need to reinstall all of my downloaded games perhaps??

Thanks

I don’t believe the Sigpatches changed between 15.0.0 and 15.0.1. It was such a minor change of like banned words or something. Nothing in the main system.

Perhaps you just grab the patches from here and check before you reinstall all your games:

Sigpatches (GBATemp) — get your Sigpatches here

These should just work…
Post automatically merged:

I want to update my Sysnand to be able to access the N eshop and to be able to play online games, my question is, if I update Sysnand to the latest FW. will it affect my CFW? or are they're two separate things?.

Current FW: 1.14.2
Updating Sysnand has no Impact on Emunand and vice versa.

They are two completely separate things.

Last edited by binkinator,
Reactions: KiwiSwitcher

raphzthename

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, if you have another switch and it's connecting up w/o issue...it's not the drivers or the cable.

It's the Switch itself.

Maybe some dirt in the connector?

Might need to take the back off and start looking at the USB-C connector from inside.

You can cut a USB-C cable and plug it in to test continuity from outside to the pads inside.
When I connect the cable, it does start to charge, my PC just never recognizes it as a device.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I connect the cable, it does start to charge, my PC just never recognizes it as a device.
Correct, which is why I suspect there something wrong with the D+ or D- wires.
There is one of each wire. You might try even flipping the ends of the usb cable over (they are reversible.)

Power and communication are two different functions within a usb cable.

For charging there are multiple wires available to provide voltage so data will typically go before power. You could even be on standard (non-PD) power with physical damage to the wire.

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So i think i get all backups, working hosts and exosphere. Now when i try to install tinfoil i get error 2155-8007 so i boot fusee(whatever it is) from hekate it looks like it is runing on my emunand becouse i have "ams" and "e" in my softweare version iam right xD?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i think i get all backups, working hosts and exosphere. Now when i try to install tinfoil i get error 2155-8007 so i boot fusee(whatever it is) from hekate it looks like it is runing on my emunand becouse i have "ams" and "e" in my softweare version iam right xD?
Yes, you want AMS and an E at the end.

For tinfoil you should be installing the latest self installing tinfoil.nro from tinfoil.io in title override mode.

Title Override What is title override and how to override its key combo

Also,check to be sure yiu have the latest patches.

Sigpatches (GBATemp) — get your Sigpatches here!

E: to use title override you need a title to already be installed. I install Othello.nsp because it’s about 40MB and is one of the smallest games in the catalog.

I use one of these to install it amd then I can install tinfoil.nro properly:

Installers​

• Tinwoo — A nice installer for when you just want to install.
  • Goldleaf — The kitchen sink but it can also install games.
  • DBI — Capable feature filled and fast installer.
  • Tinfoil — Polished installer. Recommend the Self installing version.

Last edited by binkinator,
Reactions: Lamcza

nerissahh

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hi, i just updated my ofw to the latest version through official method, after that, my switch lite wont boot into hekate, instead it boot straight into ofw. everything on my sd card is still there, didnt lose anything, it just wont boot to hekate anymore. I have a switch lite with a hwfly chip, i can see trough sd slot that chip is lighting purple. I tried update athomsphere to latest and hekate to latest, but still wont boot hekate straight into OFW, Please help :(
Updating the files on your SD card had absolutely nothing to do with the modchip soldered to your motherboard.
Correlation does not imply causation.
You will need to reflow your chip to reestablish the solder joints that might have come loose. You might want to take it back to your installer. If not you can take it to a local electronics/cellphone repair shop. Once the electrical connections are back in working order you will need to retrain your chip. After that, you should be back in business.
The exact same thing happened to my v2 Switch. Directly after updating OFW. The switch just goes to OFW when powered. Is there no other solution?

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yes, you want AMS and an E at the end.

For tinfoil you should be installing the latest self installing tinfoil.nro from tinfoil.io in title override mode.

Title Override What is title override and how to override its key combo

Also,check to be sure yiu have the latest patches.

Sigpatches (GBATemp) — get your Sigpatches here!

E: to use title override you need a title to already be installed. I install Othello.nsp because it’s about 40MB and is one of the smallest games in the catalog.

I use one of these to install it amd then I can install tinfoil.nro properly:

Installers​

• Tinwoo — A nice installer for when you just want to install.
  • Goldleaf — The kitchen sink but it can also install games.
  • DBI — Capable feature filled and fast installer.
  • Tinfoil — Polished installer. Recommend the Self installing version.
can i use 15.0.0 singpatches on 14.xxx ?

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yes, they are additive. You would just have an extra patch. If you unzip the older ones you will see the progression.
And that Title Override is for unlocking full memory to use by cfw when starting up games yes :P? I need to hold r when launching or it can be somehow automated?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [goes back to 🛌 ] zzzzzzzzzzzzzz +1