Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I currently am using Kosmos/Atmosphere but am considering setting up an emummc.

Is there a good up to date guide how to do this? Is it possible to keep everything I have on my CFW mmc and just transfer it to the emummc? Also, do I understand correctly you want the emummc for CFW and the normal mmc for legit games and online play?

Last edited by regnad,

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Yes. You understood this correctly.

Try this.

Thanks for the reply!

It says that Windows can't read the emummc partition. Is it possible to move all of my present SD content to the emummc? If so, how is this possible without Windows being able to see the partition?

Or does setting up an emummc require that I start over from scratch and reinstall everything?

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
Is it possible to move all of my present SD content to the emummc?
Copy the nintendo folder into the emuMMC folder iirc.

It says that Windows can't read the emummc partition.
Yeah that is normal iirc. It is a hidden partition which only the switch needs.

Reactions: Alexander1970

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Copy the nintendo folder into the emuMMC folder iirc.

Yeah that is normal iirc. It is a hidden partition which only the switch needs.

Oh, I see, thanks! I assumes the emuMMC folder was going to be on the hidden partition, but it's not. So the hidden partition is something , once set up, you just leave alone, right?

Emenaria

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Besides the ability to boot .xci games and the external HDD support, are there any benefits of using SX OS over Atmosphere at this point?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did a backup just now and the nand is still 29.1GB. I use hekate to make it.
My bad. I think I got it mixed up with my 32 GB SD card's capacity which was 29.7 GB.

Besides the ability to boot .xci games and the external HDD support, are there any benefits of using SX OS over Atmosphere at this point?
Nope, Atmosphere outshines SX OS in every other way from homebrew compatibility to customization to even faster updates.

maraxion

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So im gonna hack the switch and are on 9.0.0.(first version switch) Should i just update first to newest?
Planning on running HBG.

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Is it OK to simply boot a newer version of ReiNX than previously used, and also Goldleaf for that matter, regardless of what firmware that my Switch is on? Or should I avoid certain versions?

Maybe there's even a list for this somewhere, that tells what is regarded as safe/stable and not depending on the Switch your using...?

My setup since about 1½ years ago:

Goldleaf 0.5
System 7.0.1 ReiNX
(Xkit RCMLoader Zero)

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a post somewhere regarding use of online services such as updating homebrew apps and such while using CFW?

I've read that a lot of apps can connect to the Interne , but I've had my switch disconnected as not to get a ban!

Also, is there anyway of playing installed games online yet? I've seen THIS guide to plan AC:NH online and wondered if there's a more common way to play any game online yet? It's been a while since I've touched switch homebrew so I'm out of the loop!

Cheers guys!

So im gonna hack the switch and are on 9.0.0.(first version switch) Should i just update first to newest?
Planning on running HBG.
Best thing to do IMO a would be to get into RCM mode, run atmosphere, then manually update the console to 9.2.0 (the latest update which works with CFW I believe) using ChoiDuJour.

As mentioned above I've been out of the loop for a while, but that's what I'd do !

Last edited by MikeyTaylorGaming,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Planning on running HBG.
No you don't need to update your firmware. No game requires the latest firmware which is 9.2

Is it OK to simply boot a newer version of ReiNX than previously used, and also Goldleaf for that matter, regardless of what firmware that my Switch is on? Or should I avoid certain versions?

Maybe there's even a list for this somewhere, that tells what is regarded as safe/stable and not depending on the Switch your using...?

My setup since about 1½ years ago:

Goldleaf 0.5
System 7.0.1 ReiNX
(Xkit RCMLoader Zero)
Yes, both the latest Goldleaf and ReiNX support all firmware versions.

Is there a post somewhere regarding use of online services such as updating homebrew apps and such while using CFW?

I've read that a lot of apps can connect to the Interne , but I've had my switch disconnected as not to get a ban!

Also, is there anyway of playing installed games online yet? I've seen THIS guide to plan AC:NH online and wondered if there's a more common way to play any game online yet? It's been a while since I've touched switch homebrew so I'm out of the loop!

Cheers guys!
People use utilities such as 90DNS or Incognito to retain Internet access but prevent a ban because these tools mimic a ban.

The only semblance of playing a game "online" is by simulating LAN over an Internet connection which is what that thread explains how to do. Not all games support LAN however so you need Idn_mitm.kip to convert the games that only support local wireless to using LAN.
Best thing to do IMO a would be to get into RCM mode, run atmosphere, then manually update the console to 9.2.0 (the latest update which works with CFW I believe) using ChoiDuJour.

As mentioned above I've been out of the loop for a while, but that's what I'd do !
ChoiDujour only supports up to firmware 6.1

Reactions: ConraDargo

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ChoiDujour only supports up to firmware 6.1

Ohhhhh ooops, my bad! I'm planning on updating to 9.2.0 today, what is the method to install if ChoiDuJour doesn't work using it? I swear i installed 8.1.0 using it a few months ago because that's the firmware I'm on now

Thanks for the info on 90DNS / Incognito too!

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
Ohhhhh ooops, my bad! I'm planning on updating to 9.2.0 today, what is the method to install if ChoiDuJour doesn't work using it? I swear i installed 8.1.0 using it a few months ago because that's the firmware I'm on now

Thanks for the info on 90DNS / Incognito too!
You can use it on your firmware version. Don't worry.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol