Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My bad
8.1.0 / AMS 0.94 / S

Any advice for update? just start my switch on nintendo Os and update it?

cheers
Its up to you. You can either use the homebrew application ChoiDujourNX to update your firmware or you can update online. ChoiDujourNX can help you avoid burning fuses when updating. Updating online will burn fuses unless you have AutoRCM enabled and perform the system update in CFW.

mettalik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Its up to you. You can either use the homebrew application ChoiDujourNX to update your firmware or you can update online. ChoiDujourNX can help you avoid burning fuses when updating. Updating online will burn fuses unless you have AutoRCM enabled and perform the system update in CFW.
Can you explain why thats burn fuses? Normal people who did not root the switch get fuses burn too? If they update too many times, the switch is fuck up?

As you write, choiDujourNX is a must do Oo

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you explain why thats burn fuses? Normal people who did not root the switch get fuses burn too? If they update too many times, the switch is fuck up?

As you write, choiDujourNX is a must do Oo
Fuses are used to prevent downgrades. The console checks the number of fuses burnt to the current firmware. If they match or there are less fuses burnt than the firmware, the console boots (in the second example, the console burns fuses until they match). If there are less fuses burnt than the firmware, the console does not boot up. Fuse technology isn't new and has been used by other devices such as the Xbox 360.

mettalik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Fuses are used to prevent downgrades. The console checks the number of fuses burnt to the current firmware. If they match or there are less fuses burnt than the firmware, the console boots (in the second example, the console burns fuses until they match). If there are less fuses burnt than the firmware, the console does not boot up. Fuse technology isn't new and has been used by other devices such as the Xbox 360.
But I will update, not downgrade.

thanks for explanation

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Or it's in case I will want to downgrade later on?

Reactions: Draxzelex

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My bad
8.1.0 / AMS 0.94 / S

Any advice for update? just start my switch on nintendo Os and update it?

cheers
Connecting to Nintendo's online services while using CFW is likely to result in a ban. It is recommended that you use 90DNS or Incognito with any Switch using CFW.

To install system updates, use ChoiDujourNX.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But I will update, not downgrade.

thanks for explanation

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Or it's in case I will want to downgrade later on?
The current exploit requires tethering the console via USB whether its to your computer, phone, or dongle otherwise known as a tethered coldboot. This may not seem desireable to everyone as the holy grail of hacking is an untethered coldboot. The problem is this exploit does not exist but it may exist on lower firmware versions. In order to be able to make use of a theoretical untethered coldboot exploit in the future, avoiding burning your fuses preserves a path for downgrading to those lower firmware versions.

Moxswitch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey guys, I have a Nintendo Switch with the FW 9.2.0 and wanted to install a CFW on it ... Everything went well as far as I can get into the RCM and Tegra shows on the PC that the switch is in RCM mode . I have copied all files to the SD card. If I now click Inject in Tegra, the program also says that everything is ok (RCM Device detected
Invoking TegraRcmSmash.exe with args: "\\ Mac \ Home \ Desktop \ SDSetup (3_21_20) \ payloads \ hekate_ctcaer_5.1.2.bin"
TegraRcmSmash (32bit) 1.2.1-3 by rajkosto
Opened USB device path \\? \ Usb # vid_0955 & pid_7321 # 5 & 19f4c0d2 & 0 & 4 # {aa0dbd45-3117-f331-5c49-76bf65225042}
RCM Device with id 000202150000000C48140D6401101062 initialized successfully!
Uploading payload (mezzo size: 92, user size: 126143, total size: 192359, total padded size: 192512) ...
Smashing the stack!
Smashed the stack with a 0x0002 byte SETUP request!
Payload successfully injected)

However, the screen of my switch remains black :(

(I use a Mac with Parallels and Windows 10)

Squirrel16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What do I do when my switch connects fine to the internet using incognito, but Homebrew App Store refuses to connect?
Triend reinstalling it but no dice

Erumo

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey, can someone help me?

I've updated my switch to 9.2 using choidujournx but after resetting the console, it won't boot to cfw. It shows the atmosphere logo and then goes to a black screen.
My sd card is FAT32 and i have a nand backup.
The console boots to sysnand fine but all games are corrupted.

It's probably the SD card, isn't it?

I would appreciate any replies ^-^

Thanks in advance.

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
I've updated my switch to 9.2 using choidujournx but after resetting the console, it won't boot to cfw. It shows the atmosphere logo and then goes to a black screen.
My sd card is FAT32 and i have a nand backup.
The console boots to sysnand fine but all games are corrupted.
Which option did you choose? Left or right?

Erumo

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well, it was exfat when i updated it and it still wouldn't boot cfw. Do you think it could've caused it anyway?

There is your problem i think. Format your console with exfat, insert it back to the console, and reinstall the firmware update. But choose the left option. This should do the trick. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.