Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Squirrel16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys, just hacked my switch and got homebrew up and backed up my switch. I have a few questions though that I don't see answered anywhere.

1 - To run the payload on my switch I use the joycon shorting method. After the CFW is loaded, should I remove the shorting pin? Or do I keep it as long as I'm using CFW? Or does it even matter?

2 - Personally I'm more interested in CFW for running emulators, getting custom theme and getting raid seeds on Pokémon. Can I get banned for playing legit games online when I do this?

3 - I'm using RCM to run the CFW. If I boot the console on normal firmware it will be like normal and I won't have access to CFW or anything from it until I run RCM again from my PC or Phone, right? And if I'm on stock firmware I can play online without any worries, right?

4 - I wanted to install EmuMMC on a SD partition, but as of right now I don't have anywhere to backup my whole SD to build 2 partitions from scratch. Can't I just shrink my SD partition and then make another one for EmuMMC?

Thanks for the attention, hope this can help not only me but maybe others aswell.

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hey guys, just hacked my switch and got homebrew up and backed up my switch. I have a few questions though that I don't see answered anywhere.

1 - To run the payload on my switch I use the joycon shorting method. After the CFW is loaded, should I remove the shorting pin? Or do I keep it as long as I'm using CFW? Or does it even matter?

2 - Personally I'm more interested in CFW for running emulators, getting custom theme and getting raid seeds on Pokémon. Can I get banned for playing legit games online when I do this?

3 - I'm using RCM to run the CFW. If I boot the console on normal firmware it will be like normal and I won't have access to CFW or anything from it until I run RCM again from my PC or Phone, right? And if I'm on stock firmware I can play online without any worries, right?

4 - I wanted to install EmuMMC on a SD partition, but as of right now I don't have anywhere to backup my whole SD to build 2 partitions from scratch. Can't I just shrink my SD partition and then make another one for EmuMMC?

Thanks for the attention, hope this can help not only me but maybe others aswell.
1. You need to short pins ONLY FOR ENTERING RCM. After that pins don't need to be shorted. Use autoRCM, so you don't need to short pins everytime you want to get into RCM.

2. Idk what are "raid seeds" in Pokemon since i don't play it and never will probably but it sounds like save scumming or mod so you can get banned fro this. But emulation and themes are fine as long as you follow the rules of not doing dirty stuff (like installing custom nsp's or other unsigned code). Or just use emuNAND offline for hacks and keep you nand clean if you don't want to be banned.

3. You still can get banned cause you use CFW on the same NAND, so it makes your NAND "dirty". To safely play online without worrying about a ban you would need to restore your clean NAND eveytime you want to play online... Or again use emuNAND.

4. Uhm, yes, its the same if im not mistaken. If you have enough free space on your SD, shrink it and make fat32 partition for emuNAND.

Last edited by bad361,
Reactions: Squirrel16

Squirrel16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
But isn't AutoRCM risky on getting banned?
RaidSeeds reed the Ram of the system to check RNG seeds. It doesn't change anything on the game, just gives you info on stuff that already happened under the hood.

I'm switching to emuMMC as we speak. Then after I do that I'll just get my NAND backup from before I installed anything and restore it on the switch and run emuMMC for hacks and keep the clean one for playing online. Right?

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
But isn't AutoRCM risky on getting banned?
RaidSeeds reed the Ram of the system to check RNG seeds. It doesn't change anything on the game, just gives you info on stuff that already happened under the hood.

I'm switching to emuMMC as we speak. Then after I do that I'll just get my NAND backup from before I installed anything and restore it on the switch and run emuMMC for hacks and keep the clean one for playing online. Right?
AutoRCM won't get you banned. As for everything else, yes, you are right. You use emuNAND for hacks (but make sure to either always stay offline or use incognito to stay out of ninty servers) and clean OFW NAND for online and other official stuff.

Reactions: Squirrel16

Squirrel16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
AutoRCM won't get you banned. As for everything else, yes, you are right. You use emuNAND for hacks (but make sure to either always stay offline or use incognito to stay out of ninty servers) and clean OFW NAND for online and other official stuff.
Thank you!
On the right track then. Hopefully I didn't make any fatal mistake to get here.

EDIT/Update:

Okay, I tried doing it all and it seemed to work fine until at the end my EmuMMC doesn't recognize any of the games (since nintendo folder is on the other partition).
The EmuMMC I created with the dirty sysnand before restoring it. I installed Incognito, which is working fine but then I can't use the AppStore for some reason, it keeps hanging on me.
So I thought of running it on Override mode instead of Applet mode, but then again I don't have any games installed on the EmuMMC and can't go online with it to download one.

My biggest question I guess would be:
Do I need to keep TWO different nintendo folders on the same SD? And how would I know what game is what so I can move it to the RAW1 folder for EmuMMC identify it?

Last edited by Squirrel16,

kyrusdemnati

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys

i am on 9.0.0 / ams / 10.4js build
i have installed my homebrew via sdcardsetup

i want to update animal crossing but it says my firmware is too low
what do i need to do? without losing my hack/games etc

thanks

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just a simple one for someone.

I haven't used my switch for some time now, its in AutoRCM at the moment and the battery has died completely. It won't switch on right now, the PC won't even see the switch in RCM mode presumably because its so dead.

In the past I've had issues with this and can't remember how I resolved it. Trying to charge the switch from dead while it was in RCM didn't work, I seem to recall having to hold the On/Off switch for 10+ seconds to turn it off fully (even though the battery has died?), so that the battery will charge and can be recognised by a PC again after pressing the on button again.

Any info on this situation would be helpful.
Thanks as always guys !

Al3Drk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I have a rather dumb question I would love to ask.
I have emunand set up for a long time and its it's completely offline. And I have my sysnand for online play.
My question is can I play my game cards in emunand and is it safe? I mean do game cards have writable memory? Can big N flag my game card?

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hi. I have a rather dumb question I would love to ask.
I have emunand set up for a long time and its it's completely offline. And I have my sysnand for online play.
My question is can I play my game cards in emunand and is it safe? I mean do game cards have writable memory? Can big N flag my game card?
No, it's safe.

Reactions: Al3Drk

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It works in hacdiskmount and this other one I found. Is that all?

Also I noticed that I didn't dump the console keys when I did this old backup two years ago. Do the keys ever change? I dumped the keys from hekate currently but i'm worried I need the keys from back when I did this old backup.

PrAaZEH.png
The NAND backup should actually be 29.7 GB...

mettalik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Some questions :
- i got rooted 8.2.0 switch with Atmo.

To have lastest game, as Alien for exemple, switch ask me to update.

Must I do it or syspatch could run any future game?

thanks

raionen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Hi Guys,

I've just got my switch, updated Atmosphere and system version to 9.2.
Installed few games, then decided to install Pokemon shield.
Red that Pokemon shields require Kosmos patches so I've applied it.

Right now some games are corrupted and do not start. The weird thing is that the rest of if (around 60%) is working perfectly fine.

Is there a way to patch it in such a manner that all the games will work?

Working: Bomberman, Splatoon 2, Zelda
Not working: Xenoblade, All Mario games ( party, carting, luigi), Witcher.

Any ideas on how to make it all work?

Best,
Rita

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hi Guys,

I've just got my switch, updated Atmosphere and system version to 9.2.
Installed few games, then decided to install Pokemon shield.
Red that Pokemon shields require Kosmos patches so I've applied it.

Right now some games are corrupted and do not start. The weird thing is that the rest of if (around 60%) is working perfectly fine.

Is there a way to patch it in such a manner that all the games will work?

Working: Bomberman, Splatoon 2, Zelda
Not working: Xenoblade, All Mario games ( party, carting, luigi), Witcher.

Any ideas on how to make it all work?

Best,
Rita
Do you boot with hekate or fusee primary?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: hi