Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Miguedj1997

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi!,

I have a problem, I updated hetake and atmosphere to the last versions but when I try to run the CFW the screen turns black and the following message appears:

Failed to apply 'nosigchk'!
Failed to launch HOS!

Press any key...

What should I do to solve it?

grey72

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yo, I'm on atmosphere sysnand CFW 9.0 and want to move to emuMMC.
I have a NAND backup from 4.1.0 that I think is clean and I've always updated using choidujourNX
What steps do I follow to get to the latest firmware atmosphere emummc, is it possible to verify if my backup is clean and would it be possible to boot into OFW 4.1.0 without hekate?

LuigiXL

Trophies
XP
Country
I own a lite and a legit copy of an eshop game. I would like to play it on the TV instead..

I also have an SX OS Switch with emunand. Can i add my account to the Sysnand and download the game on that console, possibly avoiding ban?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've just installed Let's Sing NSP, want to connect phone to sing with friends. It says it have to be in same wifi (checked) and account have to be linked (obviously cannot make it on hacked console).

Is there a way to make it work?
Try linking a fake account with Kefir. Keep in mind it will wipe your save data so be sure to back them up before using it.

Yo, I'm on atmosphere sysnand CFW 9.0 and want to move to emuMMC.
I have a NAND backup from 4.1.0 that I think is clean and I've always updated using choidujourNX
What steps do I follow to get to the latest firmware atmosphere emummc, is it possible to verify if my backup is clean and would it be possible to boot into OFW 4.1.0 without hekate?
There is no way to verify if a backup is clean or not. In order for you to be able to boot firmware 4.1 without Hekate, you need a fuse count of 5. You can check your fuse count with Hekate.

As for setting up emuMMC, I personally just used SX OS to partition the SD card for me then used the migrate emuMMC option in Hekate. I did need to manually configure the Nintendo folder in the emuMMC.ini file however.

I own a lite and a legit copy of an eshop game. I would like to play it on the TV instead..

I also have an SX OS Switch with emunand. Can i add my account to the Sysnand and download the game on that console, possibly avoiding ban?
Yes, bans are not associated with Nintendo Accounts.

Reactions: LuigiXL and grey72

mistermono

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My kid updated to 9.2 in OFW before I could do it properly with ChoiDujourNX (which I had not yet installed, this was going to my first time updating the FW). I now can't boot into CFW and only OFW launches when I shutdown/restart. I have no nand backup (even though that was my plan when updating). Any advice on a fix?

grey72

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm trying to run a clean sysNAND before going online/using lanplay and I'm certain I haven't gone online after making my NAND backup. Should I clear logs/run incognito/anything else?

cheesie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
I'm new in this scene. Not exactly new in editing, but been ages I yet to touch any coding.

Have my switch and was surprised people are having modded items. Console? Hack? Seriously?

Considering to mod my device and more. Any thread I should read before "jail breaking" my device? Im aware the pros and cons.

Last edited by cheesie,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My kid updated to 9.2 in OFW before I could do it properly with ChoiDujourNX (which I had not yet installed, this was going to my first time updating the FW). I now can't boot into CFW and only OFW launches when I shutdown/restart. I have no nand backup (even though that was my plan when updating). Any advice on a fix?
Update the CFW.

im currently in switch system version 8.1, and im noticing games require higher firmware, should I update to latest version or is there a set version I should update too?
There is not much difference between the latest firmware version, 9.2, and 9.1, which is the firmware some games might require, so you can update to whichever one you want.

I'm trying to run a clean sysNAND before going online/using lanplay and I'm certain I haven't gone online after making my NAND backup. Should I clear logs/run incognito/anything else?
Clearing error logs increases your chances of getting banned and Incognito is a self-imposed ban.

I'm new in this scene. Not exactly new in editing, but been ages I yet to touch any coding.

Have my switch and was surprised people are having modded items. Console? Hack? Seriously?

Considering to mod my device and more. Any thread I should read before "jail breaking" my device? Im aware the pros and cons.
https://switch.homebrew.guide/

Reactions: grey72

mistermono

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I update the CFW without access to SX OS? Do I just download FW V2.9.4 from the Team Executer site and install directly to the SD card? Thanks for your reply!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I update the CFW without access to SX OS? Do I just download FW V2.9.4 from the Team Executer site and install directly to the SD card? Thanks for your reply!
If by firmware, you mean the latest version of SX OS and install directly to the SD card, you mean just put it on the SD card then yes.

mistermono

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If by firmware, you mean the latest version of SX OS and install directly to the SD card, you mean just put it on the SD card then yes.

Sorry, I meant latest version of SX OS. Thanks again for your help!

I suppose this means there's no way to back up my nand at this point, correct? Just trying to do this as safely as possible.

Last edited by mistermono,

mistermono

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can still backup your NAND which you should have already done so before this point.

Sorry, hammering you with questions here. Should I update SX OS on the card first or is there a way to back up my nand ahead of that without access to the CFW/SX OS menu on the Switch? I had not had not a chance to install choidujournx on the Switch prior to this accidental update.

akutx

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi, this question has probably been asked before but I'm trying to install a Homebrew Launcher NSP so I can have access to it from the Switch dashboard and installing it through Tinfoil gives me "Failed to read NSP metadata" error. I'm using the Atmosphère CFW fork for Tinfoil usage btw.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, hammering you with questions here. Should I update SX OS on the card first or is there a way to back up my nand ahead of that without access to the CFW/SX OS menu on the Switch? I had not had not a chance to install choidujournx on the Switch prior to this accidental update.
You can dump the NAND from the SX OS menu. Alternatively you can use Hekate to dump the NAND which is better than SX OS since it can verify the dump.

Hi, this question has probably been asked before but I'm trying to install a Homebrew Launcher NSP so I can have access to it from the Switch dashboard and installing it through Tinfoil gives me "Failed to read NSP metadata" error. I'm using the Atmosphère CFW fork for Tinfoil usage btw.
Don't use the Atmosphere fork. And try using Awoo Installer instead.

HoTsHoTz79

GIC-Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just found out today (after 2 years) that all game saves stay unless manually removed

So I got tons of save files for games i dont even play anymore... If i go thru Switch's system to delete save files it takes forever and they are not not sort-able by size/space

Question: Is there an homebrew or efficient way to delete save files for games i dont play?

akutx

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Don't use the Atmosphere fork. And try using Awoo Installer instead.

Okay, I'll try that now because Tinfoil keeps crashing when trying to install games from NSP files.

Also, my Switch keeps bugging me about updating, is it safe to update the console's firmware like it was with Luma on 3DS or should I just leave it as it is?

Stanley14

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hey so I updated firmware, atmosphere and hetake, and now it doeesn´t launch CFW, I can only access Hetake. 2 logos from atmosphere appears and then nothing, any clue of what´s going on?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just found out today (after 2 years) that all game saves stay unless manually removed

So I got tons of save files for games i dont even play anymore... If i go thru Switch's system to delete save files it takes forever and they are not not sort-able by size/space

Question: Is there an homebrew or efficient way to delete save files for games i dont play?
Nope.

Okay, I'll try that now because Tinfoil keeps crashing when trying to install games from NSP files.

Also, my Switch keeps bugging me about updating, is it safe to update the console's firmware like it was with Luma on 3DS or should I just leave it as it is?
Atmosphere supports the latest firmware which is 9.2. Alternatively you can enter the Recovery Menu to remove the update nag by holding volume + and - when turning the console on.

Hey so I updated firmware, atmosphere and hetake, and now it doeesn´t launch CFW, I can only access Hetake. 2 logos from atmosphere appears and then nothing, any clue of what´s going on?
How is your SD card formatted?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My therapy chair is padded