1. DieHardjagged

DieHardjagged Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    How do i clear error logs from the System Settings > Service tab?
    Im using Atmosphere btw.

2. Loe7

Loe7 Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    Hey,

a few days ago my switch got a blue screen. I didn't had time to fix it. Yesterday I tried to fix it but now instead of my blue screen I got a black lit up screen.
    I'm not able to get into recovery or safemode it's called (holding +/- on boot). I also let the battery die and tried to recharge it over night.
    Weird thing is, as soon as I plug in that charger it turns on into the black lit up screen but I don't have any charge icon. Same goes for any payload after injecting.

Any ideas?

3. LordKurisu

LordKurisu Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    No, assuming all is set correctly and you are indeed booting EmuNand then all you have done is installed an nsp to the EmuNamd which is fine and will not touch your sysnand at all

4. Dyloh

Dyloh Newbie
    Newcomer

Australia
    Yeah I put the bootloader folder on the SD card. I think my SD setup is already installing em because when I do it manually It just asks me to replace the files. I'm using FAT32 because I was having dramas with Retroarch with exfat.

5. Tackskull

Tackskull GBAtemp Regular

France
    Guys is possible to change sd card while my cfw switch is turned on? Or each time I want to change it I have to reboot in rcm and inject the payload?

6. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    1. I don't think its possible to run CFW without the eMMC inserted
    2. You do not "install" CFW. It is temporarily ran from your SD card. However doing this can still leave traces. The only way to remove such traces is by restoring a clean NAND dump made before ever running CFW or homebrew
    People have bricked with normal every day homebrew than malicious .XCI files. Your chances of being bricked by one of those is substantially small.

There is no way to clear error logs and clearing error logs has been proven to invoke bans.

You cannot remove the SD card while the console is on.

7. Dyloh

Dyloh Newbie
    Newcomer

Australia
    Whenever I have needed to change something on the SD card I've been opening kosmos toolbox and then removing my SD which then gives me an option to boot a payload in Hekate. Should I not be doing this? Should I be entering RCM mode and injecting a payload through my PC every time?

8. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Payload injection doesn't really matter if you do it via the toolbox or your PC but you should really be removing the SD card while the console is off instead of while it is still on.

Dyloh likes this.
  9. Raj212

Raj212 Newbie
    Newcomer

India
    Thanks a lot!!

Draxzelex likes this.
  10. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Addict

United States
    The 30gb partition is an exact copy of your emmc that all reads/writes get redirected to. All the emummc folder contains is a config file and the emummc’s “Nintendo” folder

11. GMsupr

GMsupr Member
    Newcomer

Finland
    I have setup sd card file emummc and just want to know if I can update my ofw where I play internet when next one come or what? Can I first do system update via Nintendo servers on ofw and update hekate/atmosphere after?

12. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

Austria
    If you boot with hekate to your NAND which you use for online, then you need to wait until hekate supports booting in the new firmware (currently hekate is able to boot to the latest firmware 9.1.0). If you simply turn on your switch without autoRCM and don't care about burning fuses, you can update your OFW.

13. Tackskull

Tackskull GBAtemp Regular

France
    Hi guys. I am running atmosphere and I have some games installed on the sd. In the case I would like to move to SX OS using the same sd card, all the games and saves will be remain or not? Changing os mean to loose everything?

14. Dyloh

Dyloh Newbie
    Newcomer

Australia
    Just thought I'd let you know I fixed my problem. Turns out I had a dodgey SD card. Thanks for taking the time to lend a hand.

pLaYeR^^ likes this.
  15. NANASHI89

NANASHI89 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Anyone know what the best music player is for Switch?

16. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Changing CFW only affects homebrew compatibility and other CFW-exclusive features. Games and saves are not tied to CFW.

17. Tyldurden

Tyldurden Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Searched high and low and can't figure this out. I installed Resident Evil 5 on CFW atmosphere (whatever version came out along side OFW 8.1) with ofw 8.1. It worked fine and I played about 30 minutes. But I wanted the title update that enabled motion controls and assumed that it needed a firmware update. So I updated to 9.1 with Atmosphere 0.10. The game now either crashes during nintendo logo, or demands update if I roll it back with goldleaf (resetting game to launch version and uninstalling update) I've cleared and reinstalled all atmosphere files and updated sigpatches. The same thing happened with Little Nightmares a long time ago and I just wrote it off. All my other games work fine. Any ideas? can i fix this or is there a way to clear some hidden file that my switch somehow knows I've played it before and demands the update?

18. Edward562

Edward562 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I updated my Smash Bros Ultimate via "Match Version with Local Users" connecting to my brother's switch. Everything went well untill my switch rebooted to the Hekate menu.... Now my switch can't launch CFW (EMUMMC), everytime I try to boot it shows the "Atmosphere" splash logo and then goes straight back to the hekate menu. Anyone have an idea on how to fix it???

19. CharlesHoy

CharlesHoy Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Managed to get an extra switch, which I think may be patched, every time I try fusee gelee I just get a black screen on the device, tried my other switch and it worked straight away, is my best bet to transfer everything over to the patched switch then use my OG switch for hacks?

20. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Use Hekate as a test payload instead of fusee-primary, just to make sure the problem is unrelated to the file system type (i.e. exFAT without exFAT drivers).

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

To be clear, do you have the latest game update installed? It could be a bad file.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - questions, PARADISE, SWITCH