SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. ataraxis

ataraxis Member

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2007
    Malaysia
    Yes. Exactly this. ^_^

2. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron
    pLaYeR^^ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    You also have removed the internet settings in OFW?

3. ataraxis

ataraxis Member

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2007
    Malaysia
    That is in preparation to boot into CFW (sysNAND).

If you don't go offline and boot into CFW sysNAND while online. Higher chance of getting detected.

During normal OFW operation can keep WiFi on.

pLaYeR^^ likes this.
  4. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron
    pLaYeR^^ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    Then wait for @Draxzelex. It seems he does this procedure regularly. Hope he can help you ;)

5. ataraxis

ataraxis Member

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2007
    Malaysia
    Ok great thanks.

6. giovany86

giovany86 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 31, 2016
    France
    Hello everyone, i have a quick question :

Is it possible to install and play a NSP that has no ticket ? With goldleaf the game install and can't run because no tickets, on tinfoil it just say that the sd data are corrupted :/
    If no, what are solutions to that ?

Edit solved, the problem was from atmosphere

Last edited by giovany86, Aug 24, 2019
  7. Korma

Korma Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Okay so I'm just about ready to hack my switch, but setting everything up is turning out to be more complicated than I initially imagined. I would appreciate any help that can be given.

I have an unpatched switch running FW 8.1.0, so I know I have to use fusee-gelee to run payloads into cfw. Right now my console is using an 8gb micro sd I got with the switch. I have 2 128 gb micro sd's that I would like to start using for ofw and cfw, along with ubuntu and android.

Basically I think the way it should be partitioned is: SD card A (ofw data transferred from old sd card, emummc, and emunand) and SD card B (L4T Ubuntu and Lineage OS)

What I don't know is in what order partition, transfer data, and install cfw's. I also don't know how to set up hekate with all these on seperate sd cards/ partitions.

8. seany1990

seany1990 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2015
    Sorry for asking this here but I don't know where else I can. I did try in a UK shopping forum but I got banned for advocating piracy.

Does anybody know if the recent manufacturing batch of switches (basic, old battery switch) comes with a fw later than 4.1? I don't think I can get an unpatched switch at this point so I am putting all of my eggs in this basket.

9. wizra

wizra GBAtemp Regular

Mar 7, 2009
    I've been using SXOS and Atmosphere for a year. I haven't touched atmosphere for a while as I only use that CFW for one feature.

Anyway, for some reason, I can't launch fusee primary through SXOS launcher. It just hangs on black screen. I haven't made any changes and I've been able to swap between CFW before. Really annoyed by this. Updated to latest atmosphere, still black screen. Google brings up stuff about exfat, but like I said, I've had this set up before. The only change I made was turning off autoRCM, coz I stopped using switch for a few months.

I am able to load atmosphere through tegraRCM, but not with sxos launcher and dongle. So exfat advice is bullshit.... Just need ideas on what could be the issue here..

10. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Reading your response made me remember I had the same issue. However when I tried booting a game, I got the system update prompt which I accepted then installed the system update.

Most consoles nowadays are shipping with a firmware of 4.1 or higher. If you buy the Mariko Switch (the one in the red box), it'll be on 8.X

I think the issue is just SX OS' external launcher meaning you cannot launch other CFW with SX OS but I believe Hekate is capable of launching both SX OS and non-SX OS CFW.

11. Quol

Quol Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2019
    United States
    Ok so im about to start homebrewing my switch in a couple days so I have a couple questions/confirmations, thanks for anyone taking the time to help out. The biggest things im looking for is mods (like for SMO) and emulators for old games.

-I already watched/read multiple guides so im planning on using atmosphere, any reason I would use SXOS or ReiNX over it?
    -Can anyone point me to where i can get Skyrim mods for switch?
    -To avoid getting banned its recommended to back up NAND/airplane mode during CFW mode. Once im finished and restore NAND, do i make a new back up before or after i go online?
    -Once i place mods onto the games i want and restore NAND am i fine playing the switch regularly afterwards?

12. ataraxis

ataraxis Member

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2007
    Malaysia
    If thats the case I think I can only update in OFW. If I have my jig in all time. It will be safe during restart correct?

13. Haloman800

Haloman800 a real gril

Dec 18, 2009
    United States
    I'm at firmware 5.1.0, I have SX Pro, I run games in emunand. What should I do to get everything up to date? I want to install nsp games.

14. warpig94

warpig94 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2019
    United States
    Hi, I just started with this hacking stuff a week ago and haven't had any problems until now. I have been installing a lot of NSP's successfully but new ones like grandia and hotline miami give me the following error "Invalid NCA (might mean missing sigpatches or too low firmware)"

My switch ofw is 8.1.0 and i'm using atmosphere with the corresponding kosmos patches. For installing I tried with goldleaf and tinfoil with goldtree and ns-usbloader.

Please help and sorry if i'm asking something stupid.

15. Gineanne

Gineanne Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2019
    Philippines
    Hello! I'm currently in firmware version 7.0 and my atmosphere is 0.8.8.. Is it okay to setup a emummc without a clean NAND backup? Because when I bought my switch, there is no clean NAND backup? if so, what should I do?

16. warpig94

warpig94 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2019
    United States
    I will answer my own question...The solution was just using Goldleaf and goldtree v0.5

17. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    • Currently the only advantages of using SX OS include mounting .XCI files and HDD support, neither of which are necessary especially for mods or emulators
    • You can check out the ROM Hacking subforum on this site
    • You can also utilize emuMMC to avoid getting banned by using it to load all of your CFW & homebrew while relegating all legitimate usage in sysMMC
    • See the above point
    You will also need to be holding volume + during the restart. But remember, if your jig fails to boot you into RCM manually, then you will burn fuses before you realize its too late

If you already have SX Pro, you're pretty much all set outside of the games themselves which we cannot help you with here as providing links to those are against forum rules. But if you have any issues installing them, one possible cause is too low of a firmware which can be fixed by updating your firmware. I recommend updating your firmware with the homebrew application ChoiDujourNX.

Having a clean NAND backup is not a prerequisite for setting up emuMMC. However without one, you risk a ban even when using emuMMC.

Haloman800 likes this.
  18. ataraxis

ataraxis Member

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2007
    Malaysia
    I just re-read your previous reply. So I need to try boot up a game to initiate the update process. let me try.

Using the jig seems to be very dangerous

19. ataraxis

ataraxis Member

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2007
    Malaysia
    It works!!! Instead of installing the update from software update page. Just run a game and there will be an update button. Clicked on it and update installed within seconds. Restart and booted right into Hekate. Chose to boot into stock and checked firmware updated. Fuse count still the same. TQ so much for your help.

Last edited by ataraxis, Aug 25, 2019
    Draxzelex likes this.
  20. ataraxis

ataraxis Member

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2007
    Malaysia
    Now that my OFW is 8.1.0, but my NAND backup is still 5.1.0

if i ever need to restore the NAND and connect to nintendo server, it would detect a firmware difference. This leads to a ban correct?

Do I need to backup 8.1.0 sysNAND?