SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    This may potentially lead to a ban which is why I would advise you never go online without updating the firmware first after restoring the NAND backup. If you want, you can make a new one but you will either have to delete the old one or make sure to keep track of what firmware each dump is on.

2. DrDoctor

DrDoctor Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 20, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Is there currently any reason to downgrade to 3.0.0?
    What's the best lowest firmware for current and possibly future exploits?
    Asking because I'm considering letting my card slot update (which would mean I couldn't use it below 4.0.0) on a Switch that I use legit + emuCFW.

3. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron
    pLaYeR^^ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    The best firmware is always 1.0.0. No, there is no reason to downgrade to 3.0.0. De ja vu currently works up to 4.1.0 but if your switch is vulnerable to fusee gelee, you don’t need to be on that.

DrDoctor likes this.
  4. DrDoctor

DrDoctor Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 20, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Yes, it's vulnerable, but its lowest fw is 3.0.0.
    Does 1.0.0 offer any standout feature that 3.0.0 can't?

5. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    Any exploitable console can launch CFW and things like emuMMC. 1.0.0 is just more exploitable than any other firmware. But really, I don’t see any feature which „stands out“.

DrDoctor likes this.
  6. ataraxis

ataraxis Member

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2007
    Malaysia
    my backup was 5.1.0 and that was the last time i online. After restored it recently, i online using 5.1.0 again. that will tally with nintendo's server.

since it is not possible to connect to nintendo server again using my old 5.1.0 backup. i would need to backup 8.1.0 as latest clean dump. Booting CFW into sysNAND for firmware upgrade still considered 'clean'? i did not run anything except install the firmware update.

7. smash34

smash34 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2019
    Pakistan
    which application can i use to format my 64gb SDHXC sd card for switch

8. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    GUIFormat.

Dava likes this.
  9. Haloman800

Haloman800 a real gril

Dec 18, 2009
    United States
    After I update the firmware with ChoiDojourNX, what program do you recommend for installing NSP games?

10. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    In my personal opinion, it is not clean. But I do not believe it is dirty enough to warrant a ban. Its the minimum amount of risk that I accepted to take in order to preserve my fuses. Not to mention there are plenty of people who have only booted CFW and have not been banned, yet.

Personally, I recommend and still use Adubbz Tinfoil. Works better than Goldleaf.

11. Lobo__

Lobo__ Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2019
    Mexico
    Hello im searching from help to this problem i cant make the app working :(

Attached Files:

12. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Don't use TegraRCMGUI. Use TegraRCMSmash

13. Lobo__

Lobo__ Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2019
    Mexico
    Can you help me with the link for the download please

14. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Whoops. I did mean to link you the instructions but I forgot that it doesn't have a download attached to it. You can download TegraRCMSmash here.

15. ataraxis

ataraxis Member

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2007
    Malaysia
    Yes. Indeed it is one of the safest way to update the firmware. Anyway no return now. let's hope a permanent hack comes out for 5.1.0 soon.

Draxzelex likes this.
  16. ataraxis

ataraxis Member

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2007
    Malaysia
    Agreed with Tinfoil. Personally I use it with Nut for network install. Somehow goldleaf and goldtree is very slow. Less than 15MB/s. Tinfoil doubles that easily.

17. werneck14

werneck14 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 19, 2017
    Brazil
    Can I run Android through EmuMMC on a second sd card? I'm using a 128gb card with OFW/Emunand and I've bought a 64gb card. I would like to know if it's possible to create an Emunand on this second sd card and boot android through it.

18. chaoshin

chaoshin Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2019
    Bahamas, The
    So I have a patched switch and tried stuff around and got now atmosphere on it, I have a couple of games I bought and wanted to put the files basically on a hd so I dont have to switch around the cards all the time. As far as I understand that doesnt work on the patched units so is there any reason for me why I just shouldnt update my firmware from 4.1 to the newest and play the games I already own online? Only reason I would have used it was to comfortable change between my games which doesnt seem to be supported. Thanks

19. kallekallix

kallekallix Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 13, 2017
    irrelevant post, delete me plz

Last edited by kallekallix, Aug 26, 2019
  20. Dava

Dava Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Berlin
    When i block Nintendo servers over dns, can I banned for use internet connection on my switch. Example when I connect to my WiFi & online go to the homebrew store ?

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted