2. Lobo__

Lobo__ Newbie
    Newcomer

Mexico
    Can you help me with the link for the download please

3. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Whoops. I did mean to link you the instructions but I forgot that it doesn't have a download attached to it. You can download TegraRCMSmash here.

4. ataraxis

ataraxis Member
    Newcomer

Malaysia
    Yes. Indeed it is one of the safest way to update the firmware. Anyway no return now. let's hope a permanent hack comes out for 5.1.0 soon.

Draxzelex likes this.
  5. ataraxis

ataraxis Member
    Newcomer

Malaysia
    Agreed with Tinfoil. Personally I use it with Nut for network install. Somehow goldleaf and goldtree is very slow. Less than 15MB/s. Tinfoil doubles that easily.

6. werneck14

werneck14 GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Can I run Android through EmuMMC on a second sd card? I'm using a 128gb card with OFW/Emunand and I've bought a 64gb card. I would like to know if it's possible to create an Emunand on this second sd card and boot android through it.

7. chaoshin

chaoshin Newbie
    Newcomer

Bahamas, The
    So I have a patched switch and tried stuff around and got now atmosphere on it, I have a couple of games I bought and wanted to put the files basically on a hd so I dont have to switch around the cards all the time. As far as I understand that doesnt work on the patched units so is there any reason for me why I just shouldnt update my firmware from 4.1 to the newest and play the games I already own online? Only reason I would have used it was to comfortable change between my games which doesnt seem to be supported. Thanks

8. kallekallix

kallekallix Newbie
    Newcomer

irrelevant post, delete me plz

Last edited by kallekallix, Aug 26, 2019
  9. Dava

Dava Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    When i block Nintendo servers over dns, can I banned for use internet connection on my switch. Example when I connect to my WiFi & online go to the homebrew store ?

10. jonaaa113

jonaaa113 Newbie
    Newcomer

Afghanistan
    Hi people, can I update to the recent firmware using a game I installed via Goldleaf ? If so, should I do that while being in my cfw ReinX or while having the switch booted regularly? If I update online I am afraid my Switch gets banned (it never was online since I put cfw on it).

I know I can update offline using ChoiDujourNX, but since cfw is working on 8.1.0 I don't understand why I should care about burning a fuse? I there an explanation?

Thanks a lot!

11. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Fuse is for downgrade purpose, if you burn your fuse you can't downgrade and boot that fimrware without a bootloader.

12. jonaaa113

jonaaa113 Newbie
    Newcomer

Afghanistan
    Okay thanks, but why would I want to downgrade? I mean cfw is running on 8.1.0, so what's the point?

And can I update via game or not?

13. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Much easier if you just use ChoidujourNX if you want to update, if you don't care about fuse count, just turn autoRCM off, some people want to go back to lower firmware in the future so they preserved their fuse, possible more exploits with lower firmware and possible permanent CFW for lower firmware.

14. jonaaa113

jonaaa113 Newbie
    Newcomer

Afghanistan
    Okay thanks a lot! So it won't brick if I update via ChoidujourNX and don't use AutoRCM?! :)

15. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    AutoRCM allow you to preserve your fuse, if you don't use it and boot into OFW you burn the fuse so keep that in mind, it is better to have lower fuse count than higher fuse count, you can still be on 8.1.0, and have lower fuse count.

If you have a NAND backup from a lower firmware and your fuse isn't burnt you can restore them and boot without a bootloader. With games firmware bypassing method no longer working people should update their firmware, but nothing to do with the fuse, believe cart update only go up to 6.1.0 firmware.

pLaYeR^^ likes this.
  16. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

Austria
    No, you don't need autoRCM. But if you don't install autoRCM, fuses of your switch will burn.

17. Hayro

Hayro Advanced Member
    Newcomer

France
    Ok so I don't have any problems with my Switch (CFW & OFW are all good) but something weird is currently happening.
    I can boot in CFW (Vol+ and TegraRCM payload inject with PC) then I turn off the console, boot up normally and it gives me OFW.

My point is that to achieve this, I don't use :
    -AutoRCM
    -a dongle/jigg (Joycon, tinfoil, paperclip, screwdiver etc)

Before I always used the Joycon + tinfoil trick to launch CFW but right now it seems like I can avoid that.
    I did it several times and it works (launch CFW without a jigg, then once on CFW turn off the Switch and boot in OFW).

How is it possible?
    Because if AutoRCM was indeed activated (to avoid the use of a jigg), I wouldn't be able to turn on OFW right?

18. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    You need to send a payload again if the unit get shut off, without autorcm it boot into OFW by default if no payload was pushed.

19. Hayro

Hayro Advanced Member
    Newcomer

France
    Ok I see, in fact it works as you said but the strange thing is that in my case, I don't use a jigg/dongle or autoRCM to activate RCMmode.
    I just Link my switch with my PC and press Vol+, it's enough to activate RCM mode on TegraRCM software (green check).
    That's why I don't understand the current situation.
    If you want to launch CFW, you need : Injector (PC or smartphone) + jigg/dongle or AutoRCM On + usb cable (if you don't use a dongle).

However right now I only have to do : Injector (PC) + usb cable + Press Vol+.
    I can do the following sequence : CFW -> turn off switch -> OFW -> turn off switch -> CFW -> turn off switch -> ...
    All of this without a dongle/jigg or autoRCM On (when usually one of them is required to access CFW).

20. kallekallix

kallekallix Newbie
    Newcomer

Interesting, how could you have achieved that?

Any of your more savy people that know what's going on? If it can be replicated, that's awsome no?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - questions, PARADISE, SWITCH