Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

ataraxis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
In my personal opinion, it is not clean. But I do not believe it is dirty enough to warrant a ban. Its the minimum amount of risk that I accepted to take in order to preserve my fuses. Not to mention there are plenty of people who have only booted CFW and have not been banned, yet.

Personally, I recommend and still use Adubbz Tinfoil. Works better than Goldleaf.

Yes. Indeed it is one of the safest way to update the firmware. Anyway no return now. let's hope a permanent hack comes out for 5.1.0 soon.

Reactions: Draxzelex

ataraxis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
In my personal opinion, it is not clean. But I do not believe it is dirty enough to warrant a ban. Its the minimum amount of risk that I accepted to take in order to preserve my fuses. Not to mention there are plenty of people who have only booted CFW and have not been banned, yet.

Personally, I recommend and still use Adubbz Tinfoil. Works better than Goldleaf.

Agreed with Tinfoil. Personally I use it with Nut for network install. Somehow goldleaf and goldtree is very slow. Less than 15MB/s. Tinfoil doubles that easily.

werneck14

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Can I run Android through EmuMMC on a second sd card? I'm using a 128gb card with OFW/Emunand and I've bought a 64gb card. I would like to know if it's possible to create an Emunand on this second sd card and boot android through it.

chaoshin

Trophies
XP
Country
Bahamas, The
So I have a patched switch and tried stuff around and got now atmosphere on it, I have a couple of games I bought and wanted to put the files basically on a hd so I dont have to switch around the cards all the time. As far as I understand that doesnt work on the patched units so is there any reason for me why I just shouldnt update my firmware from 4.1 to the newest and play the games I already own online? Only reason I would have used it was to comfortable change between my games which doesnt seem to be supported. Thanks

Dava

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
When i block Nintendo servers over dns, can I banned for use internet connection on my switch. Example when I connect to my WiFi & online go to the homebrew store ?

jonaaa113

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Hi people, can I update to the recent firmware using a game I installed via Goldleaf ? If so, should I do that while being in my cfw ReinX or while having the switch booted regularly? If I update online I am afraid my Switch gets banned (it never was online since I put cfw on it).

I know I can update offline using ChoiDujourNX, but since cfw is working on 8.1.0 I don't understand why I should care about burning a fuse? I there an explanation?

Thanks a lot!

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi people, can I update to the recent firmware using a game I installed via Goldleaf ? If so, should I do that while being in my cfw ReinX or while having the switch booted regularly? If I update online I am afraid my Switch gets banned (it never was online since I put cfw on it).

I know I can update offline using ChoiDujourNX, but since cfw is working on 8.1.0 I don't understand why I should care about burning a fuse? I there an explanation?

Thanks a lot!

Fuse is for downgrade purpose, if you burn your fuse you can't downgrade and boot that fimrware without a bootloader.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay thanks, but why would I want to downgrade? I mean cfw is running on 8.1.0, so what's the point?

And can I update via game or not?

Much easier if you just use ChoidujourNX if you want to update, if you don't care about fuse count, just turn autoRCM off, some people want to go back to lower firmware in the future so they preserved their fuse, possible more exploits with lower firmware and possible permanent CFW for lower firmware.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay thanks a lot! So it won't brick if I update via ChoidujourNX and don't use AutoRCM?! :)

AutoRCM allow you to preserve your fuse, if you don't use it and boot into OFW you burn the fuse so keep that in mind, it is better to have lower fuse count than higher fuse count, you can still be on 8.1.0, and have lower fuse count.

If you have a NAND backup from a lower firmware and your fuse isn't burnt you can restore them and boot without a bootloader. With games firmware bypassing method no longer working people should update their firmware, but nothing to do with the fuse, believe cart update only go up to 6.1.0 firmware.

Reactions: pLaYeR^^

Hayro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok so I don't have any problems with my Switch (CFW & OFW are all good) but something weird is currently happening.
I can boot in CFW (Vol+ and TegraRCM payload inject with PC) then I turn off the console, boot up normally and it gives me OFW.

My point is that to achieve this, I don't use :
-AutoRCM
-a dongle/jigg (Joycon, tinfoil, paperclip, screwdiver etc)

Before I always used the Joycon + tinfoil trick to launch CFW but right now it seems like I can avoid that.
I did it several times and it works (launch CFW without a jigg, then once on CFW turn off the Switch and boot in OFW).

How is it possible?
Because if AutoRCM was indeed activated (to avoid the use of a jigg), I wouldn't be able to turn on OFW right?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I don't have any problems with my Switch (CFW & OFW are all good) but something weird is currently happening.
I can boot in CFW (Vol+ and TegraRCM payload inject with PC) then I turn off the console, boot up normally and it gives me OFW.

My point is that to achieve this, I don't use :
-AutoRCM
-a dongle/jigg (Joycon, tinfoil, paperclip, screwdiver etc)

Before I always used the Joycon + tinfoil trick to launch CFW but right now it seems like I can avoid that.
I did it several times and it works (launch CFW without a jigg, then once on CFW turn off the Switch and boot in OFW).

How is it possible?
Because if AutoRCM was indeed activated (to avoid the use of a jigg), I wouldn't be able to turn on OFW right?

You need to send a payload again if the unit get shut off, without autorcm it boot into OFW by default if no payload was pushed.

Hayro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok I see, in fact it works as you said but the strange thing is that in my case, I don't use a jigg/dongle or autoRCM to activate RCMmode.
I just Link my switch with my PC and press Vol+, it's enough to activate RCM mode on TegraRCM software (green check).
That's why I don't understand the current situation.
If you want to launch CFW, you need : Injector (PC or smartphone) + jigg/dongle or AutoRCM On + usb cable (if you don't use a dongle).

However right now I only have to do : Injector (PC) + usb cable + Press Vol+.
I can do the following sequence : CFW -> turn off switch -> OFW -> turn off switch -> CFW -> turn off switch -> ...
All of this without a dongle/jigg or autoRCM On (when usually one of them is required to access CFW).

kallekallix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok I see, in fact it works as you said but the strange thing is that in my case, I don't use a jigg/dongle or autoRCM to activate RCMmode.
I just Link my switch with my PC and press Vol+, it's enough to activate RCM mode on TegraRCM software (green check).
That's why I don't understand the current situation.
If you want to launch CFW, you need : Injector (PC or smartphone) + jigg/dongle or AutoRCM On + usb cable (if you don't use a dongle).

However right now I only have to do : Injector (PC) + usb cable + Press Vol+.
I can do the following sequence : CFW -> turn off switch -> OFW -> turn off switch -> CFW -> turn off switch -> ...
All of this without a dongle/jigg or autoRCM On (when usually one of them is required to access CFW).

Interesting, how could you have achieved that?

Any of your more savy people that know what's going on? If it can be replicated, that's awsome no?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    LTT also did it
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    jdhello
    @SylverReZ that guy seriously spent over 2 grand on that hot wheels pc?
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    LTT is a noob
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if...