SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    No, the only currently available exploits are Deja Vu and Fusee Gelee.

2. yagamilight

yagamilight Member

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2016
    Downloaded the latest Kosmos release from the official GitHub page yesterday, bud didn't know I had to replace the loader.ini.
    Game loaded now perfectly. Thank you so much, I feel I wouldn't have found it out by myself :)

3. kallek

kallek Member

Newcomer
    Aug 27, 2010
    United States
    When hacking the PS4 you can self host the hack on your phone to avoid connecting to internet altogether. Is there not something like that for the Switch?

4. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    It is not possible for the Switch

5. iViperz

iViperz GBAtemp Regular

Jan 7, 2015
    What is an ipatched switch? I understand they're only hackable below a specific fw version, I see the term floating about a lot but I have no idea what it precisely refers to. I thought all units prior to June 2018 are hackable?

6. G_T_C

G_T_C Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2019
    Portugal
    Hi all

I am currently with an ipacthed switch on firmware 7.0.1

Can anyone tell me what should I do to use cfw ? For what I can read on the FAQ currently it should only be possible for firmware untill 4.0.

Do I have to wait to use the deja Vu exploit ?

Many thanks all in advance

7. aarti

aarti Killua Zoldyck

Jul 24, 2017
    Germany
    You can't use cfw at the moment, but stay on your current firmware (or another <8.0.0) and wait until deja vu gets released for your firmware

G_T_C likes this.
  8. kazuki_chan8

kazuki_chan8 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 30, 2019
    Malaysia
    Anyone know how to fix my time in the hbmenu? Mine shown wrong time in the homebrews.

9. geo009

geo009 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 22, 2019
    United States
    I just hacked my switch and
    I am new to this as well and would like a confirmation as well, but from what i understand it is a hacked switch that is above 4.1. I am curious because i am on firmware 8.1 and would like to enable auto rcm but will not do it until i am 100 percent sure it will not brick my switch. I also want to know what are some recommendations for a newly hacked switch?

10. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    During production, they can apply ipatches to the bootrom of the Nintendo Switch in order to patch the Fusee Gelee exploit hence the term ipatched consoles. The bootrom is read-only once it leaves the factory making the exploit unpatchable via a firmware update making it a hardware-based exploit. Also, the first ipatched unit was reported in July, not June. And keep in mind, this was just a report. There may have been consoles purchased earlier that were never reported or were bought later than the date they were manufactured. July is a very rough estimate as an indication to whether or not a console is ipatched. A much better indicator is the serial number.

AutoRCM is technically a brick in that it prevents you from using your console normally without sending a payload via USB.

11. jabbapen

jabbapen Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    If I install emummc will I be able to boot into sysnand and be relatively safe to go online or will I have to restore a clean nand backup?

12. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Well sysMMC has to be clean which needs to be done by restoring a clean NAND backup. With emuMMC in tow, it makes it so that you only have to restore the clean NAND backup once and you never have to restore it again as long as you never run CFW or homebrew in sysMMC.

jabbapen likes this.
  13. jabbapen

jabbapen Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    So you are in theory free to do whatever on the emummc once you restored the clean sysnand and even though you have emummc files on your sd you can still go online with sysnand? Also if my clean backup is from an older firmware can I just restore then update to the newest firmware?

14. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    There is no evidence Nintendo scans the SD card. As long as you never go online with the partition that is using CFW/homebrew, then you will be fine. You can also restore a NAND backup regardless of your current firmware or number of burnt fuses. The only thing you will need to keep in mind is that if you are restoring a NAND backup of a firmware lower than the current fuse count, you will have to enable AutoRCM afterwards in order to be able to bypass the fuse check. A full list of fuses and their respective firmware versions can be found here

jabbapen likes this.
  15. kazuki_chan8

kazuki_chan8 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 30, 2019
    Malaysia
    Anyone know how to fix time in the hbmenu? Mine shown wrong time even in the homebrews.

16. mc-kiler

mc-kiler GBAtemp Regular

Jan 1, 2015
    Finland
    I accidentally started a nsp game on ofw. It didn't work and the system wanted to check the file. It showed an "!" on the top of the nsp too. I said no and deleted the nsp. I wonder if that will result in a ban. What do others consider to be a ban? Not being able to play online or the console becoming unusuable? I am always offline on ofw and cfw

I wonder what happens if i did let the system check the nsp

17. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron
    pLaYeR^^ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    If you're always offline, you can't get banned.

mc-kiler likes this.
  18. iViperz

iViperz GBAtemp Regular

Jan 7, 2015
    Thanks for the explanation, that makes perfect sense :teach:

Draxzelex likes this.
  19. resurrecta

resurrecta Member

Newcomer
    May 23, 2018
    Belgium
    Okay, I managed to run backups on my switch through atmosphere... Now I have 2 questions... Is SXOS better or not and... Is there a way to always enter CFW without having to inject the payload over and over?

20. aarti

aarti Killua Zoldyck

Jul 24, 2017
    Germany
    No and no.

Last edited by aarti, Aug 23, 2019