SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    The title ID referenced in the error code is QLaunch which is modified when using a custom theme. Did you delete that folder from the titles folder?

I have not seen anyone complain about Tinfoil's network install. My own brother used it when it first came out before USB install was a thing.

I believe those files are only read at bootup so replacing them live shouldn't cause any issues. Updater applications such as the Kosmos updater perform similar functions.

When it says it requires a software update, you cannot try downloading it?

There is no point in performing a factory reset to make a clean sysMMC if you have a clean NAND backup. Also updating normally in OFW/stock will remove AutoRCM which is why I recommended either performing it in CFW, which will prevent AutoRCM from being removed, or using a jig to manually reboot into RCM (which is risky).

Gobbadygook and pLaYeR^^ like this.
  2. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron
    pLaYeR^^ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    @SciresM i am not sure if he answers but that would be good to know.

3. ataraxis

ataraxis Member

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2007
    Malaysia
    Before I made the NAND backup, i have 4 users setup. I don't want these users anymore and I would like to have a fresh copy of sysNAND. Which is why i would like to do a factory reset. Just like i bought a used switch and I just want to format it to stock and set it up again from beginning. Then only create new users and link to my nintendo account.

After emuNAND is created and autoRCM is enabled in Hekate, you mean if i boot up OFW from Hekate and perform an update it will remove autoRCM? i thought having the autoRCM enabled, i would always boot into RCM mode?

4. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Well if you insist, then you can go ahead with the factory reset.

I also told you that AutoRCM is normally removed during system updates and that modern CFW prevent this but you have to be running CFW to have that protection.

5. ataraxis

ataraxis Member

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2007
    Malaysia
    Ok. Let me try. Thanks.

Draxzelex likes this.
  6. chip99

chip99 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 21, 2019
    Germany
    is hbp shop and nut the best tools to get and install games?

7. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    It is probably best for you to look for games online, and install them using like Goldleaf 0.6.1, HBG Shop rely on Google Drive so it can be unreliable at time when there is heavy traffic.

8. Tonestar0

Tonestar0 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 15, 2019
    United States
    I have installed goldleaf and goldtree but when i start them it freeze and i have to restart

9. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Remove the goldleaf file and put a fresh copy of goldleaf on your sd card switch folder.

10. chip99

chip99 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 21, 2019
    Germany
    my current sd-card is shitty and limits my games install over nut. im looking for a new fast sd-card 128-256gb what do you recommend?

11. Dade_

Dade_ Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2019
    United Kingdom
    I was scared that will burn the fuses + might cause problems with CFW?

Edit:

+ I dont really understand why there would be any difference between the cards?

Last edited by Dade_, Aug 21, 2019
  12. Gobbadygook

Gobbadygook Member

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2019
    United States
    Oh, I got it to work. All I had to do was go into atmosphere and remove the 010000000001000 folder. I got it to go past the screen, but now my games don't work. When I start them up, it says, "Unable to start software. Return to HOME menu and try again." Some also say they're corrupted.

Last edited by Gobbadygook, Aug 21, 2019
  13. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    You can have AutoRCM enabled and run CFW to prevent AutoRCM from being removed and thus fuses from being burnt. Although I do not know why one card would work over another.

Add these patches

14. Gobbadygook

Gobbadygook Member

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2019
    United States
    Alright, got it working. Some games are still corrupted so I'll just back up my save data and reinstall them. Thanks, Drax.

Draxzelex likes this.
  15. blaisedinsd

blaisedinsd GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 6, 2012
    United States
    I am trying to figure out if I need to upgrade to 8.0.1

I have a problem with my hbg shop dlc not working, it checks when I launch the game and says I cant use the dlc but it lets me start the software anyway.

I also am trying to get edizon to work but all it does is crash everytime I try to launch it.

I am on 7.0.1 and am trying updated and fresh installs of the latest kosmos atmosphere

16. aarti

aarti Killua Zoldyck

Jul 24, 2017
    Germany
    There is no need to stay on 7.0.1, I woul recommend you to update to the latest firmware

17. boooluk

boooluk Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2019
    United Kingdom
    I asked in the dedicated thread but didn`t get anything helpful, maybe someone here can, tried to use edizon to see it`s features on a game and this error comes up:
    atmosphere cheat module is not running on this system, cheat management and variable freezing is disabled.
    i have the newest atmosphere/kosmos, and cfw 8.1.0

18. kallek

kallek Member

Newcomer
    Aug 27, 2010
    United States
    I wan't to use Caffeine to hack my switch, and I want to take every step possible to prevent the Switch from updating the current 4.1.0 firmware. If I understand correctly, even if I follow the steps and configure Pegascape, the router can somehow override this setting and connect to Nintendo's servers. And even if it works when I am at home, if I go on vacation and use my Switch with another router, that router can override the setting and connect to Nintendo's servers.

Is there another safer way of doing it other than using RCM instead?

19. yagamilight

yagamilight Member

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2016
    Just switched from ReiNX to Kosmos + atmosphère (latest builds downloaded from sdbuild) and totally messed up, because:
    Trying to launch a game launches hbmenu instead
    Can't install through GoldLeaf

Am I missing something?

20. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron
    pLaYeR^^ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    Did you get the latest Kosmos release from the official GitHub page? Replace the loader.ini in the atmosphere folder with the loader.ini from the official GitHub page.

yagamilight likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted