SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Update via ChoidujourNX, you can look for firmware on that darth site.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Think you can clone and resize the card, using software like EaseUS Partition Master free version.

Sig patches are required to run unsigned homebrew and unsigned games. HBG Shop is basically a free games shop store that they store they content on google drive, using HBG to download games is one way, the other way is to find the game content online, (don't asks for link to either HBG Shop or where to find games) not allow here.

As for games format XCI is basically physical copy dump while NSP are eshop/digital dump, you can convert XCI to NSP using your set of keys, and 4NXCI, keys can be generated using Lockpick_RCM.

https://switch.homebrew.guide/usingcfw/installnsps

If you really wants a guide you can look above but it doesn't tell you where to get games or how to use HBG shop.

2. TheGreatBurglar

TheGreatBurglar Member

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2019
    United States
    I’m on CFW 8.1.0 and are fully updated on lockpick_RCM and Kosmos.
    Whenever I go to overclock my switch, either in retroarch or freebird my settings never change.
    In retroarch it says my GPU, CPU, and Ram are all set to 0 PLEASE HELP

3. rolfdafiftynine

rolfdafiftynine Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2019
    Germany
    Hello guys,
    I just discovered this wonderful site :D
    1 short question: What's the best way to get a hackable switch? Do I have to buy a used one? Hackables are usually really expensive on ebay. I read somewhere the splatoon 2 bundle is containing hackable Switches. Is that correct?

4. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    It is rare but possible to get a new Switch that is unpatched. Always check the serial number for a hackable Switch before buying anything.

rolfdafiftynine likes this.
  5. Hekel_UK

Hekel_UK Member

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2019
    United Kingdom

Hayato213 likes this.
  6. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Hackable unit are determine by serial number, not bundle, good idea to check the serial number.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ifBIsbTeTpk-bL1Ul9Z9ORPVX3BNH2pHlGW1Z0g8nvM/edit#gid=0
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-...he-first-post-before-asking-questions.481215/

https://damota.me/ssnc/checker/
    https://ismyswitchpatched.com/

You can use these for reference and to check the serial #.

7. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Should be safe as I use it all the time to boot into OFW without burning fuses. I have been doing that for several months. While I cannot 100% guarantee its safety, there appears to be no objective evidence that Nintendo can detect booting this way or for having a fuse mismatch.

There is no "official" official guide but you can try this one on for size.

8. DarthFern

DarthFern Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 22, 2018
    United States

Ok that leads me to my next problem. I dont remember the firmware version I got the nand backup on. I found a firmware checker on here but I'm still trying to figure out how to use it since I've never used python before. The nand backup I have consists of these files: CombinerScript.bat, CombinerScript.sh, and nand.bin.00 - nand.bin.09 Is that what I'm supposed to have in addition to the Boot0/1 files?

9. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    It would appear that you dumped your NAND with the ReiNX toolkit so that is fine. I believe you need to combine the parts into a single file in order to use the Firmware Checker tool.

10. rolfdafiftynine

rolfdafiftynine Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2019
    Germany
    Oh, sorry ... I knew the serial number thing. But it's a bit wierd to look up several switches in a gamestop or media markt isn't it? :D That's why I kept looking for a way to order a low firmware.

In this thread user "bob423423" writes that the splatoon 2 bundle comes with firmware 2.3.0:
    gbatempdonet threads purchase-nintendo-switch-with-finware-3-0.495505
    true? sorry I cannot post hyperlinks, space means slash

11. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    It is possible that unit from that bundle is patched or not, so you still got to look at the serial #, at the time of his post there was no patched unit out in the wild.

12. rolfdafiftynine

rolfdafiftynine Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2019
    Germany
    So to summon things up there is a chance I will find the right serial number. Might go shopping some tomorrow. Is the chance more like 1:10 or 1:1000 to find a fitting one?
    Any special tips for shops (location: Germany)? Media Markt, Gamestop, Kaufhof, Real, is what comes to my mind.

Thanks so far guys!

13. 2tailedfox

2tailedfox Member

Newcomer
    Feb 28, 2016
    United States
    Hey, is the exfat corruption issue still a thing? If so, and I want to use fat 32, how is this handled as far as formatting, and splitting files and such?

14. dorisnov

dorisnov Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 4, 2016
    I have a switch with a dirty nand (7.1.0 with fuses burnt, not banned) and a SD prepared to start the emuMMC procedure. I want to use the emuMMC to play my games and leave the original NAND safe (and, if it's possible, play online).

• If I make the emuMMC procedure I'll have all my stuff in the emuMMC? Does emuMMC use the principal SD partition to store data like original NAND or the 30gb partition I made?
    • How can I clean as much as possible my original NAND to keep it safe?

I'm kinda off this emuMMC world.

Thanks!

15. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    There is no ratio, just look at the serial number and compare it.

Yes exFAT is more corruption prone, use FAT32 instead. For games larger than 4GB do USB install.

2tailedfox likes this.
  16. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    • Not entirely sure what the question is but emuMMC will load whatever file type you choose whether that is files or as a partition
    • If you mean clean your sysMMC, that is impossible

17. dorisnov

dorisnov Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 4, 2016
    With first question I meant: Now in my SD has 2 partitios of 210gb and 30gb. In the 210gb partition I have all my files like games installed on SD, saves, etc. Does emuMMC use that same 210gb partition as sysMMC does?

Thanks!

18. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    The answer is kinda both. The internal memory of the emuMMC is occupied the 30 GB partition while the rest of the SD card is used like normal as if you were using an SD card for sysMMC.

dorisnov likes this.
  19. 70045334

70045334 Member

Newcomer
    Saturday
    United States
    how much faster is a usb3 to type c cable for installing NSPs over goldtree ?

I get 10mb/s with a normal cable

20. Delumine

Delumine Member

Newcomer
    Apr 21, 2016
    United States
    How exactly do I get FTPD to work? I have it enabled in Kosmos, and I enter my Ip and port 5000 in FileZilla, but nothing. Do I need a User/PW?