SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    No, you cannot burn fuses with emuNAND, since it has to be launched with a bootloader like Hekate or fusee-gulee.

Without AutoRCM, your Switch will coldboot into sysNAND when powered on, yes. If the sysNAND is so low that there's a fuse count mismatch, the Switch will refuse to boot unless you use a bootloader like Hekate or fusee-gulee. There is no reason for your sysNAND to be lower than its fuse count (5 fuses = 4.0.0-4.1.0). Anything lower than 4.0.0, and the Switch won't boot without Hekate/FG. Anything higher than 4.1.0, and you will burn fuses unless you use AutoRCM and a bootloader like Hekate/FG.

It is safe.

Last edited by Lacius, Jul 10, 2019
    LogixSpecs, Shaneus and Draxzelex like this.
  2. Shaneus

Shaneus Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2006
    Australia
    Crap crap crap. If atmosphere then made it to the home screen of Horizon, what possible traces could it have left?

Also, is there a chance that an ini could've pointed fusee to the emuMMC by default? I was using the default files that came with Kosmos.

3. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    If all you did was load Atmosphere and you did nothing else, there are probably no traces, and you probably won't be banned. That being said, if you're paranoid, you should restore a clean NAND backup to your sysNAND.

4. Drobbo84

Drobbo84 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 29, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Hi i updated atmosphere to 0.9.2 and the only games that load now are mario maker & tennis. The rest just say could not start software try again from the home screen. So i Updated fw to 8.1.0 but that still didn't work has anyone else had this problem.

5. Shaneus

Shaneus Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2006
    Australia
    I just had a look at my file structure and found this on (SD)/emuMMC/emummc.ini:

[emummc]
    enabled=1
    sector=0x3cad000
    path=emuMMC/RAW1
    id=0x0000
    nintendo_path=emuMMC/RAW1/Nintendo

Am I in the clear then, or does that file need to be in another folder for Fusee to pick it up?

Edit: For what it's worth, this folder looks to have been created at the same time I accidentally loaded the Fusee payload:
    (SD)\emuMMC\RAW1\Nintendo

And I've looked, there's no (SD)\Nintendo folder, which would've been created if I booted into the sysNAND, yes?

Last edited by Shaneus, Jul 10, 2019
  6. Deku345

Deku345 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 7, 2019
    United States
    A couple questions about switch hacking
    1)How likely am i to get caught with home brew if I go online. I only want to use it to play emulators. No piracy, no backups, only emulation.
    2)What’s the best way to avoid a ban. 3)would they ban me even if I paid for the membership
    Ty

7. Shaneus

Shaneus Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2006
    Australia
    Update for anyone following my mini saga:
    Looks like I'm safe, phew! I think that emummc.ini file being there saved me. How I tested:
    First, did proper backup of NAND.
    Then powered down console, removed all jigs and memory cards. Made minor adjustment in UI to what the emuMMC would have (turned auto brightness off).
    Powered off device, booted back into Hekate/Nyx with SD card and replicated what I did yesterday (opening Fusee from payloads screen).
    Checked auto brightness and (thankfully) it was still enabled, meaning it booted into the emuMMC the first time.

VERY relieved!

8. alcyppa

alcyppa Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2018
    Italy
    Hi guys.
    I've had a switch for over a year and a half now but I've never actually used it.

Now I want to get into it since it looks like a good time to hack it with Atmosphere and emuMMC.

The problem is that I actually started playing BOTW recently (not done much actually) and I was wandering if it could be possible to preserve my account and savegames on the sysnand while doing the process of hacking the console.

Losing my progress would be sad so I'd like to know if that's possible before starting to put much time into it.
    Should I just hack it, setup sysNAND and emuMMC and then start over with BOTW on the sysNAND?

BTW I'm on 4.1.0 if that matters.

9. DarthFern

DarthFern Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 22, 2018
    United States
    Hi Everyone!
    How do I go from my current CFW setup to emummc without losing my current games/saves? All the tutorials I've been able to find are for new setups with a blank SD card. This is what I have so far: Clean nand backup, current Dirty nand backup. Also just realized I dont have boot 0 and boot 1 backed up for my clean nand. Can I use the same files from my dirty nand?

Last edited by DarthFern, Jul 11, 2019
  10. trakker1

trakker1 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2017
    Hey guys,

I’ve got a hackable Switch on 8.1.0 and plan on using SX OS (already have a fresh code), my question is all the guide seem rather old on doing a Nand backup. I have done it once before but they was on a older firmware, has anything changed with 8.1.0?

Cheers

11. Fenderbendr

Fenderbendr Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2019
    United States
    So I’m trying to boot into Lakka through Hekate, but it’s not showing up under ”more configs.” The only two main files I have on my SD card are “Lakka” and “bootloader” which is right, but Lakka is not showing up in Hekate.

I previously had L4t installed, but I deleted it completely, but it’s still showing up in Hekate where Lakka should be.

Any way to fix this?

12. RAdamantiS

RAdamantiS Member

Newcomer
    May 31, 2018
    Italy
    Noob question guys :D I bought a Switch Splatoon 2 bundle so it has a 2.0 firmware..

Can you tell me what my best options are? I do not want to do anything wrong !

13. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Make a nand backup with Hekate, set autorcm on and update via ChoidujourNX.

14. RAdamantiS

RAdamantiS Member

Newcomer
    May 31, 2018
    Italy
    Cool,any guide I can follow? And I'll need a jig to boot up or it's ok just with AutoRCM?

15. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    You need a jig the first time you enter rcm mode.

16. trakker1

trakker1 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2017
    So the latest Hekate 5.0.1 doesn’t seem to be a .bin file anymore, anyone have a install guide?

I’m on 8.1.0 and need to do a clean band backup.

17. RAdamantiS

RAdamantiS Member

Newcomer
    May 31, 2018
    Italy
    Ok but then won't I need it anymore? Only the first time?

18. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    If autorcm mode is on, you wouldn't need a jig to enter rcm mode.

19. RAdamantiS

RAdamantiS Member

Newcomer
    May 31, 2018
    Italy
    It there a way to just enter in CFW without RCM mode or jig? And If I use RCM Mode,the battery will drain fast? Is this true?

20. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    There is software base exploit but it only work up to 4.1.0 firmware, anything above that right now doesn't work, the fusee gelee exploit rely on RCM mode, by pushing a payload through that, autorcm just get rid the need of the jig after the initial setup, battery drain issue with autorcm has been resolved, doesn't drain too much, just charge it when it is not in used.