SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. RAdamantiS

RAdamantiS Member

Newcomer
    May 31, 2018
    Italy
    Thank you for your time man, and for your help! I'll follow a guide then ;) ( Zeke FTW :D)

2. kimbo

kimbo Member

Newcomer
    Sep 22, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Couple of questions about restoring my clean nand backup toplay online.
    Firstly, I don't remember, but I think I must have made the backup from the reinx toolkit based on the file structure (10 nand.bin.XX files with a combinerScript.bat file rather than 15 rawnand.bin.XX that seems like the norm with hekate) Because I must have booted into cfw to make the dump, even though dumping the nand would have been the first thing I did, does that mean it's "dirty" and likely to get me banned? If so is there anything I can do to "clean" it?
    Secondly, will hekate recognise a nand backup split in this way (nand.bin.00 to nand.bin.09)? I realise I could combine the files and restore that, but it would be a hassle as my sd card is currently fat32 I'm restoring the combined nand from an exfat card. Still would be interested to know if there is anything I can do to further clean a 3.0.2 nand dumped from reinx toolkit. Will factory resetting help?

Last edited by kimbo, Jul 11, 2019
  3. korayg

korayg Member

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2007
    how do you play lacrimosa ? it asked me to link my account...then i updated fw to 8.1.0, tried again and logon to my account
    everything was fine but after that this message appeared "this user cannot play this game, if you have not purchased do it from eshop bla bla bla"

i am using latest AtlasNX Kosmos and 8.1.0 fw...how can i play this game ?

4. kimbo

kimbo Member

Newcomer
    Sep 22, 2018
    United Kingdom
    So I restored my 3.0.2 sysnand, but when I try to launch stock (sysnand) from hekate I get the Error Code: 2002-2634 screen. Launching my dirty emunand works. Help!

Edit: booting to sysnand without a game cartridge in the slot worked

Last edited by kimbo, Jul 11, 2019
  5. starlander

starlander Member

Newcomer
    Jan 13, 2017
    United States
    Need some guidance. I have two switches running SXOS on OFW 4.2 and CFW 8.1. I would like to play Minecraft together with ad-hoc network. When starting the games in multiplayer local mode, I cannot see the “friend’s” game.

Is there a way to get this working? I do not have the accounts for each devices as nintendo online “friends” but not sure if this is a problem.

6. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    1. While it is not impossible, there is a chance. However asking for even an estimate on the percentage is beyond the realm of possibility
    2. Utilize emuMMC
    3. They would ban you even if you bought every game from the eShop
    Not sure why you would lose your account or save data after hacking the console. Even emuMMC will preserve both since it is just a copy of sysMMC.

Setup the emuMMC with your current games/saves then restore your clean NAND dump. NAND backups are also firmware-specific so unless the BOOT0/BOOT1 are the same firmware across your two NAND dumps, you cannot interchange them. If your clean NAND was dumped from a firmware of 6.1 or less, you can regenerate BOOT0/BOOT1 with ChoiDujour. Otherwise, you will need to use mattytrog's custom Hekate build to make BOOT0/BOOT1 files above firmware 6.1

It is still a .binf ile

Have you tried booting ReiNX to see if the issue persists?

Are you playing them locally in person or over the Internet? If the latter, both games need the idn_mitm.kip file to convert the local wireless to LAN. Then you need to use either Switch LAN play or Xlink Kai to connect them over the Internet. SX OS has built-in support for the idn_mitm.kip

7. shantaelover69420

shantaelover69420 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 24, 2018
    United States
    Blue Mementos
    Are NX Bans IP Based?

8. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    No and even if they were, any VPN would make it moot.

9. Roxasorg13

Roxasorg13 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2009
    Mexico
    Is KOSMOS 13.0.2 (Hetake 5.0.1) "Sysnand (STOCK)" Safe to boot OFW/Stock?

I just restored my clean NAND and i booted back to OFW using that option, but the KOSMOS splash screen appeared and im a little paranoid now. I didn´t connect to wifi and left the console on sleep mode for a couple of hours before restarting it.
    I just want to make sure is safe before i update to 8.1.0 and begin using the switch online (Sysnand) with EmuMMC

10. alcyppa

alcyppa Member

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2018
    Italy
    I guess I've probably misinterpreted something while reading guides about hacking the switch.

I thought I had to restore factory setting and wipe everything before doing a NAND dump.

Draxzelex likes this.
  11. yoshimashi

yoshimashi GBAtemp Regular

Mar 7, 2016
    United States
    Is there an official guide to go into emu with atmosphere from old atmosphere?

12. TheGreatBurglar

TheGreatBurglar Member

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2019
    United States
    Hey, new here, I’ve been attempting to overclock my switch but it reads my CPU, GPU, and ram all as 0. Is there something I’m missing?!?!?!

13. Scresho

Scresho Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Could you explain the first bit a bit more maybe? :)

I used SXOS and have a hidden EmuNAND with autorcm on.
    What I would like to do now is to restore my clean nand backup (Looks like full.00-full.07 and boot1/boot0), update the nand (without burning fuses) and play online, as I have read so far when my NAND is clean all should be good.
    Should I use different SD cards for emunand and normal nand? Also how do I exactly update with atmosphere so that the fuses would not burn but the update is still bansafe (Because I have read about situations where people updated offline and got banned)

Also how do I restore the best way? Just with SXOS? Do I factory reset the switch then, because I would like to try a new account before I use my old one (I dont want the real account to get banned, IF I get banned and switch back to the real one if not)

Last edited by Scresho, Jul 12, 2019
  14. sTo0z

sTo0z GBAtemp Regular

Nov 28, 2004
    United States
    USA
    Hello all, just a few questions!

1) I have just setup EmuNAND via Hekate. Should I always boot into my EmuNAND via Hekate payload now or can I boot directly into EmuNAND/Atmosphere somehow? I'm assuming the old direct payload will send me into SysNAND CFW (which of course I don't want)?

2) My SysNAND and EmuNAND are both on 8.0.1. I understand I can just boot SysNAND normally and update normally, but what is the correct method to update the EmuNAND?

Thank you!

15. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    1. Restore the clean NAND in Hekate.
    2. Reinstall AutoRCM in Hekate.
    3. Power off the Switch.
    4. Boot into Atmosphere on your clean sysNAND using fusee-primary.
    5. Quickly update the system in the system settings.
    6. Power off the system.
    7. Use Hekate to boot into OFW on your sysNAND whenever you want to play online.
    8. If you want to factory reset the system, do that from the system settings at this point.
    This will give you a relatively clean sysNAND on 8.1.0 while preserving AutoRCM and your fuses.

Last edited by Lacius, Jul 12, 2019
  16. Scresho

Scresho Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Thank you! Cant I also go with SX OS instead of hektate for the restoring part? It also has a restore option

17. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    1. You can use fusee-primary to launch your emuNAND, but you need to be sure it's configured properly. Otherwise, you will boot into Atmosphere on your clean sysNAND.
    2. You should update your dirty/offline emuNAND using ChoiDujourNX.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I don't recommend SX OS, but it will probably work.

You also need to install AutoRCM immediately after the sysNAND restore.

sTo0z and Scresho like this.
  18. Hekel_UK

Hekel_UK Member

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Hi everyone,

I've finally realised the limitations of my 128gb SD card and I'd like to upgrade to 512gb, but I'd like to avoid having to re do the whole emuMMC procedure.

Ideally I'd love to "migrate" my current emuMMC to my new SD card, keep all my stuff, and just end up with more space, but I couldn't find anything online (I'm quite new to the Switch scene, I've installed CWF on mine last week).

Anyone could maybe assist with a little tutorial or point me to the right direction?

Many Thanks :)

19. Garrincho

Garrincho GBAtemp Regular

Sep 16, 2015
    Uruguay
    Quickie one. I am using one of the latest kosmos with autoRCM, but am on FW 5.1 I believe, in airplane mode since forever.

What's the best way to update to the latest FW without risking going online and getting a ban? Getting the update files and using choidujour?

20. taraswitch

taraswitch Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2019
    United States
    I am very new to Switch Modding.

I'm running 8.0.1 and using Atmosphere. I am trying to understand what I need and specifically how to download, install, and play NSP/XCI files on my Switch. I have seen people talking using the HGB Shop/FreeShop - Is this all I need? I have also seen people talk about converting XCI files to NSP and using a USB Connection to transfer the games to the Switch but I also hear that this requires sigpatches which I do not know about. I guess what I'm looking for is a step by step on how to download these games and play them without any issues. Thanks in advance!