SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron
    pLaYeR^^ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    Yes.

2. WRO

WRO Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2018
    Bahrain
    Thanks. Just making sure. I updated my question.

(Edit)

I have 6.2.0 exFAT, can I update using Nintendo's CDN without any penalties to 8.0.1 exFAT.

Last edited by WRO, Apr 30, 2019
  3. vampier206

vampier206 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 19, 2016
    United States
    Hi have been having this issue when i try to install this nsp, i have no idea what it means.

Attached Files:

4. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    According to this thread (which you and everyone else should refer to before asking any question) indicates that your firmware is too low for whatever it is you're trying to install.

5. ThaDraGun

ThaDraGun GBAtemp Fan

Jul 15, 2007
    Canada
    EDIT: [I figured out how to tell if my switch is patched.]

SO, any tips how to get into RCM mode, or to get my PC to detect the switch in RCM mode? (I did install the driver in TegraRcmGUI)

I put the jig in held down + volume and pressed power. The nintendo screen doesnt come up. So I plug it in to the pc and I hear the USB inserted Beep. However, using TegraRCMgui it always says No RCM. I unplug it try to power it on normally and it is a bit difficult to power it up again. So I feel like it went into some mode.

So Im not sure if I did get it into RCM and my pc just isnt detecting it right

Last edited by ThaDraGun, Apr 30, 2019
  6. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    If its not in RCM, its not in RCM. They cannot patch out RCM. In fact, the only reason we know patched units exist is because they can still enter RCM. What is patched is sending payloads via USB connection whether they come from your computer or a dongle. And judging by your serial number, your unit is highly unlikely to be patched according to this thread.

If you are struggling with entering RCM, use something else such as aluminum foil (mistaken for tinfoil but the idea gets across) then immediately enable AutoRCM so you never have to manually enter RCM anymore. You can try following the video down below on a way to use aluminum foil as safely as possible as using aluminum foil irresponsibly can lead to irreparable damage to your console.

It might also be prudent to try sending payloads from something else such as your phone or a dongle if you or someone you know has one.

7. ThaDraGun

ThaDraGun GBAtemp Fan

Jul 15, 2007
    Canada
    youre right, thats what it was. i tried a different pc and it detected it right away. im now backing it up.
    when im all done is there any way to verify everything backed up ok and i have all the files needed?

8. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Hekate has a verify function when its dumping files. All you need is boot0/boot1 and the eMMC raw GPP. If you're tight on space but still want to keep a NAND dump in case of a brick and don't mind potentially losing save data/installed content, you can dump the eMMC SYS instead of the raw GPP.

9. vampier206

vampier206 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 19, 2016
    United States
    oh thank you, im on 6.0.0 whats the highest i can update to and can u point me in the direction on how i can manually update to required firmware?

10. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Non-SX OS CFW support the latest firmware which is 8.0.1 but nothing requires that firmware outside of online access so best to use the highest-non 8.X firmware which is 7.0.1. As for the best way to update to that firmware, use the homebrew application ChoiDujourNX.

11. vampier206

vampier206 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 19, 2016
    United States
    ok thank you so much.

12. vampier206

vampier206 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 19, 2016
    United States
    how/where do i aquire the firmware image to update.

13. almmiron

almmiron GBAtemp Regular

Jan 9, 2012
    Brazil
    hello everyonme. I just bought myself a never hacked before switch. for now i did the backup of nand using hekate, but installed nothing. I will use atmosphere, but i have a lot of .xci

1) Do i need to install them on the console, or can I play them without installing, like in sxos directly from usb?

2)Any downsides installing with xci installer, or converting then to nsp first, or whatever?

3) how the best way to keep games updated to save space on console? merge nsp udapte with game is possible?

Please point me in the right direction

14. almmiron
    This message by almmiron has been removed from public view by x65943, May 1, 2019, Reason: Dupes.
    May 1, 2019
  15. almmiron
    This message by almmiron has been removed from public view by x65943, May 1, 2019, Reason: Dupes.
    May 1, 2019
  16. almmiron
    May 1, 2019
  17. NFates

NFates Wants to understand™

Mar 13, 2016
    Dominican Republic
    Probably home.
    Google it. We can't share those links here.
    *cough* xbins

vampier206 likes this.
  18. Phenjoto

Phenjoto Member

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2019
    Indonesia
    I wanna go play some sploon 2 online, got the boot 0 and 1 backed up also the user and system nand. If i reformat the switch on OFW, how do i transfer the restores nand from sxos CFW to sysnand OFW? Also i have an emunand and my homebrew is ChoiDujour NX (i think thats how you write it)

Last edited by Phenjoto, May 1, 2019
  19. ThaDraGun

ThaDraGun GBAtemp Fan

Jul 15, 2007
    Canada
    I made a backup of my nand. Just a couple questions before I boot into cfw.

I plan to ALWAYS be offline when in CFW (wifi not logged in, airplane mode on, DNS setup to block Nintendo)
    Say I want to now go online with one of my legit games.
    To prevent bans 100% all I need to do is turn off my switch, restore my clean nand backup then proceed to boot normally and NOT into cfw. Play online like normal in ofw.
    Then when I want to play backups again I just block wifi again. turn off the switch and boot back into cfw.
    Correct?

One thing thats stumping me is how do I copy games big onto my sd card to be installed? My SD card is on fat32. I originally had it as exfat but my switch will not let me use it unless I update. So I changed it over to fat32. I have some big NSP and XCI files. I think I found a couple ways but I dont know what is the easiest/best way. I dont really recognize the files used either. Im not sure if they are for windows..

Last edited by ThaDraGun, May 1, 2019
  20. Phenjoto

Phenjoto Member

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2019
    Indonesia

21. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron
    pLaYeR^^ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    Google.

1) No you can’t mount them like with SX OS. You need to install them.
    2) Some people reported having issues with xci installing but if you install them and everything works fine your good to go.
    3) With nsp not possible because you need to install them either to NAND or sd card. People install custom xci but that won’t reduce the size. Also you always need to install the last update only.

1) Always restore the clean NAND backup before going online. That’s all you have to do. Keep in mind that your saves will be gone after restoring your NAND backup. To keep them you would need to backup CFW NAND, restore clean NAND, play online, backup new clean NAND and then you can restore CFW NAND. So you have a copy of your current dirty and clean NAND. Without EmuNAND that’s the only option.
    2) You could install exFAT update without any issues but in the end you shouldn’t use it since the exFAT driver of the switch is faulty and leads to corruption. Best way is to use usb install with gold tree. So you don’t need to have files greater than 4GB on your micro sd card. If you use SX OS the best way is to buy a HDD and put all your xcis there. The HDD can be formated with no problem to exFAT.

almmiron likes this.
  22. Looking123

Looking123 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2018
    Australia
    What application do i use to install my game cart onto my microsd card?

23. werneck14

werneck14 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 19, 2017
    Brazil
    I'm getting Error Code: 2000-0000 (0x0) with Atmosphere 0.89 (FW 8.0.1) after installing an old custom theme. What should i do?

Obs: Fixed by deleting and reinstalling Atmosphere 0.89 folders

Last edited by werneck14, May 1, 2019
  24. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Theme doesn't work on 8.0.x iirc.

werneck14 likes this.
  25. werneck14

werneck14 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 19, 2017
    Brazil
    Hayato213 likes this.
  26. Trollface1011

Trollface1011 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 27, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Is there a way to view other people's custom stages in super smash bros on a banned switch inside the game inside the stage builder menu without downloading it from a website because I want to see the latest stages.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted