SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor

GBAtemp Patron
    pLaYeR^^ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    Google.

1) No you can’t mount them like with SX OS. You need to install them.
    2) Some people reported having issues with xci installing but if you install them and everything works fine your good to go.
    3) With nsp not possible because you need to install them either to NAND or sd card. People install custom xci but that won’t reduce the size. Also you always need to install the last update only.

1) Always restore the clean NAND backup before going online. That’s all you have to do. Keep in mind that your saves will be gone after restoring your NAND backup. To keep them you would need to backup CFW NAND, restore clean NAND, play online, backup new clean NAND and then you can restore CFW NAND. So you have a copy of your current dirty and clean NAND. Without EmuNAND that’s the only option.
    2) You could install exFAT update without any issues but in the end you shouldn’t use it since the exFAT driver of the switch is faulty and leads to corruption. Best way is to use usb install with gold tree. So you don’t need to have files greater than 4GB on your micro sd card. If you use SX OS the best way is to buy a HDD and put all your xcis there. The HDD can be formated with no problem to exFAT.

almmiron likes this.
  2. Looking123

Looking123 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2018
    Australia
    What application do i use to install my game cart onto my microsd card?

3. werneck14

werneck14 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2017
    Brazil
    I'm getting Error Code: 2000-0000 (0x0) with Atmosphere 0.89 (FW 8.0.1) after installing an old custom theme. What should i do?

Obs: Fixed by deleting and reinstalling Atmosphere 0.89 folders

Last edited by werneck14, May 1, 2019
  4. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Theme doesn't work on 8.0.x iirc.

werneck14 likes this.
  5. werneck14

werneck14 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2017
    Brazil
    Hayato213 likes this.
  6. Trollface1011

Trollface1011 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 27, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Is there a way to view other people's custom stages in super smash bros on a banned switch inside the game inside the stage builder menu without downloading it from a website because I want to see the latest stages.

7. XPLOSIV

XPLOSIV Member

Newcomer
    May 1, 2019
    United States
    Hey does anyone know why atelier lydie, pokken and onepiece red is not working on atmoshere 0.8.8 cfw 8.0.0 because when i try to load the games it says could not start the software please try again from the home menu but all my other games work fine

8. c4pt1n54n0

c4pt1n54n0 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2018
    United States
    I just bought a secondhand switch from a friend that's run Atmosphere (I think) in the past. I have another switch that has been offline for a while, but I've never done any cfw stuff myself. Both are on 6.0.0 and on normal boot they both look the same. My fiend showed me how to use the rcm tool and inject the thing I need to inject to get to CFW, but he didn't make any clean backups as far as I'm aware. I'd like to be able to use it online and also finish up BOTW, which says it needs a firmware update to install. I'm interested in the Tegra Linux distro, and that's what will probably end up on this switch but for now I'd like it back as vanilla as possible, as my main switch has migrated to being the family switch. Is there anything special I should do for/ before updating the previously CFW'd machine?

Last edited by c4pt1n54n0, May 1, 2019
  9. XPLOSIV

XPLOSIV Member

Newcomer
    May 1, 2019
    United States
    Are you talking about copying your game cart to sd or installing an nsp file because i use goldleaf to install all my nsp's and have downloaded a few nsp of some games i own and it automatically takes over your switch icon for the games so you never have to enter you cartridges again and you get to keep your saves

10. Looking123

Looking123 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2018
    Australia
    I want to copy the game cart and install onto the microSD rather than downloading and installing the xci/nsp externally. I've been able to use a game cart dump into multiple .xci files (due to fat32) but I haven't found a way to install these multiple .xci files

11. XPLOSIV

XPLOSIV Member

Newcomer
    May 1, 2019
    United States
    OK i think i understand but i can't really help you sorry but i would recomend dumping the file from your systen to nsp rather than xci and then it becomes much easier to install using gold leaf which is a much simpler solution but maybe someone else on this thread have a few other ideas

12. henryzusa

henryzusa Member

Newcomer
    May 1, 2019
    Mexico
    I want to try Save transfer from Wii U to Switch.
    I've dumped and converted my save into Switch version. From what I understand, both must be on the same version, however, Wii U is now stuck in 1.5 and Switch in 1.6
    Am I screwed here?

13. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Uh...you can just restore the boot0/boot1 as well as the eMMC SYS and USER to SysNAND with Hekate. Not sure if SX OS supports NAND restoration or not.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SwitchHaxing/comments/bi9805/smash_ultimate_stage_inserter/

Ensure you have the latest piracy patches which you can grab from this thread.

If you don't have any clean NAND backups, there really isn't much you can do. People have been banned even after performing a factory reset so doing one won't do you any good. Just make a NAND backup now in case the console ever bricks which includes dumping boot0/boot1 as well as the eMMC raw GPP.

14. c4pt1n54n0

c4pt1n54n0 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2018
    United States
    Alright, thanks. I guess that's about what I was expecting. So I'll do a NAND backup now.. Should firmware updates and eshop downloads still work through nintendo or is the whole console just blacklisted from all services, assuming it gets banned right away? Are there different levels of banned? I have a few digital games that I'd rather not mess around installing backups of if I can help it. I haven't tried anything online yet, but it did auto connect to my wireless network today for about 20 minutes before I realized.

15. Nokocchi52

Nokocchi52 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 15, 2016
    United States
    Okay, I followed the guide, but for some reason it doesn't enter the homebrew menu when I enter a game or album and hold R. My firmware is still 4.1.0. I can enter Hekate, but that's it. Was there something else I was supposed to do? I have the files on my SD card, and when I boot up the switch with the SD card, it says "A system update is required to use the microSDXC memory card". If I need a different SD card, what ones are compatible with 4.1.0?

16. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    This thread should answer all of your banning-related questions.

c4pt1n54n0 likes this.
  17. Phenjoto

Phenjoto Member

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2019
    Indonesia
    Nvm this was a stupid post i edited sry

Last edited by Phenjoto, May 2, 2019
  18. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    You will get ban.

19. Phenjoto

Phenjoto Member

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2019
    Indonesia
    Draxzelex says otherwise.

20. ThaDraGun

ThaDraGun GBAtemp Fan

Jul 15, 2007
    Canada
    I think I'll try gold tree untill I get the stuff for sxos. I think that will be the best way in the end.

With goldtree do the games always install to the switch, or can they be installed to the sd as well?