SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Ninse

Ninse Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 8, 2018
    France
    Hello,

some new questions, since last time :
    1/It seems like the wifi disables itself regularly if the Switch can't detect Internet connectivity (either by fake dns or firewall blocking) : is there a way to force wifi up? Is the behavior the same using ethernet? I've bought an ethernet adpater anyway.
    2/Is there a way to monitor temps in the console?
    3/Is there a simple homebrew to see the number of fuses still on the Switch (without rebooting)?

2. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Although your serial number is listed as unpatched, there is a very slight possibility it is unpatched. Confirm that it is indeed unpatched by following this thread. If it shows as not patched or you want to try something else, use another USB cable and/or computer if possible.

Well that depends, are you using stock Atmosphere or Kosmos? Although they both use Atmosphere as the CFW, you update respectively with the pack that you are using. A general rule of thumb is that for updating your CFW, you should delete everything except the Switch and Nintendo folders then paste the new folders. If you have any game mods, you should back those up beforehand. These are located in the (Name of the CFW you are using)/titles directory.

Maybe try another CFW to see if its an SX OS related issue.

1. Not without a wired connection, no.
    2. Not that I know of
    3. There is no homebrew application that can do so. The only tools that can display burnt fuses are payloads namely Hekate or briccmii.

Ninse likes this.
  3. ThaDraGun

ThaDraGun GBAtemp Fan

Jul 15, 2007
    Canada
    I'm confused. I just watched a video on YouTube which showed how to install an xci file to your sd card or internal on free CFM. They installed crash Bandicoot using tinfoil and were not using sx os. Now is this corect or incorrect?

pLaYeR^^ likes this.
  4. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    What he meant to say (I hope) is that SX OS is the only CFW that supports mounting .XCI files. All CFW, even free ones, support the installation of .XCI files. One reason I can surmise why he said you shouldn't install .XCI files is that it is nearly the same as installing a .NSP file apart from the fact that installing .XCI files don't install fake tickets which can ban you unlike installing .NSP files. But you can use both .XCI and .NSP files with all CFW. Its just that free CFW treat the .XCI files more like .NSP files.

pLaYeR^^ likes this.
  5. nswuser007

nswuser007 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 14, 2018
    United States
    What CFW can I run using the tegra payload app to get something running this is so annoying I wasted a bunch of time. If theres a forum post about this already sorry but I can't Imagine such a large xci not working on sx pro or os. Grrrr same shit happened with super smash before the new update was applied

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

6. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron
    pLaYeR^^ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    Sorry, my answer was a bit confusing. It’s like @Draxzelex said. Only SX OS supports mounting of XCI. Other CFW also allows to install XCI but not mounting them. Also some people had issues installing XCI with Atmosphere that’s why I personally would use NSP on Atmosphere.

Draxzelex likes this.
  7. cl8298

cl8298 Member

Newcomer
    May 5, 2017
    You can use 4nxci to convert them to NSP files. I did it on two different games that I dumped from my cartridges yesterday and it worked perfectly

8. Matchitza

Matchitza Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 27, 2017
    Indonesia
    Alright, I'm pretty sure I'm superbanned according to the Ban Hub. Because the FAQ mentioned that Ninty upgraded all bans to superbans (CDN Bans if im correct).

But why could I update my console? I thought superbans prevented you from updating, last time I updated was from 6.0.x to 7.0. I was wondering if they did something that changed the way superbans worked.

Also is there a new masterkey (stuff that helps Tinfoil/Goldleaf decrypt NSPs or whatever) in 8.0.x? I honestly don't mind being superbanned because there isn't much for me to do online on the Switch. But I want to make sure I can play newer games (esp. FE: Three Houses, rlly hyped for it) on my current firmware.

Last edited by Matchitza, Apr 30, 2019
  9. ThaDraGun

ThaDraGun GBAtemp Fan

Jul 15, 2007
    Canada
    Sorry what do you mean when you say mounting. What's the difference between mounting a game and installing?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

10. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    When you mount a game its like you put a real cartridge in the game card slot. For SX OS you enter the album, select the game and its mounted like a real cartridge.

11. colonelsych

colonelsych Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2019
    Russia
    Yesterday i made a build with OFW(last version) + EmuNAND(2.6.2b SX OS with 6.0.1 FW) and all works fine, but today i cant boot into my OWF. After i press "Boot original FW" i got a black screen.

Last edited by colonelsych, Apr 30, 2019
  12. DrDoctor

DrDoctor Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 20, 2017
    United Kingdom
    • Clicks link.
    • Searches for "Checkpoint".
    • "Your search did not match any documents. Please make sure that all words are spelled correctly and that you've selected enough categories."
    GODDAMMIT

(edit: forgot to actually ask what I meant to ask)

Where can I read up on what Checkpoint is and what it does?

Last edited by DrDoctor, Apr 30, 2019
  13. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    Here: https://github.com/FlagBrew/Checkpoint

DrDoctor likes this.
  14. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    There has been what I think another recent change. While at one point Nintendo was upgrading everyone to CDN bans (I don't really like the term superban), this was to minimize CDN downloading. However now that CDN downloading is dead to the public, there is not much reason for them to distribute CDN bans anymore which is why I believe most if not all CDN bans have been reversed.

As for your second question, 8.X does not introduce a new masterkey compared to 7.X therefore stuff requiring 8.X will be far off into the future.

If you are trying to boot "OFW" from the SX OS menu while you have AutoRCM active and SysNAND is on firmware 8.X, you cannot as SX OS does not support 8.X. Either disable AutoRCM or downgrade SysNAND to a firmware SX OS supports.

Matchitza likes this.
  15. Renzz

Renzz Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2019
    Portugal
    Hello. So i am trying to figure if my switch is hackable or not, and my serial falls under the patched category (above XAJ7005X). I want to ask if there is any record of any switch above this serial being vulnerable to the exploit and if it is worth me trying to see if it is exploitable. Thanks

16. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
  17. Renzz

Renzz Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2019
    Portugal
    Thank you, i am going to try it, although i doubt it will work since i bought my switch in February 2019, the let's go special edition, and the serial is outside the ranges. Ill test it later today.

18. Fragmon

Fragmon Member

Newcomer
    Apr 27, 2019
    Germany
    I dont know. When they update i thin he did it officially, because there are9 fuses. If yes?
    How can i fix that?

19. shadoom

shadoom GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    Taiwan
    I'm having wifi issues since I switched to atmosphere (8.0).
    The little WiFi icon stays greyed out only for a second it gets white.
    In my router settings I can see its authenticating and getting its ip address every 1-2 seconds
    It seems that the switch is trying to establish the connection over and over and over again even though its already connected

Is there a way to reset the system without losing savegames or installed games? Or anything else I can do?

edit: in case someone has this issue
    i upgraded from 7.x(exfat) to 8.0(fat) and got wifi issues
    i just upgraded from 8.0(fat) to 8.0.1(exfat) and the wifi issues disappeared

Last edited by shadoom, Apr 30, 2019
  20. WRO

WRO Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2018
    Bahrain
    Can I update Atmosphere (Kosmos) simply replace the old files with the new files from v12.1.2 (AMS 0.8.9) on my microSD card?

(Edit)
    How does ArgonNX work? I have a R4s Dongle. Can it catch errors? For example, I try to launch ReiNX or SX OS, but there is no bin file.

Last edited by WRO, Apr 30, 2019