1. NoNAND

NoNAND Give me back my legions!

Albania
    And it will boot my switch just fine without autorcm on stock firmware as well right?

2. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

Austria
    7.0.0-8.0.0 has 9 burnt fuses. If you go back to 7.0.1, your switch will never know that you have upgraded before and downgraded back. So yes, you won't have to boot with custom payload.

NoNAND likes this.
  3. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    If they are saying a software update is needed, that is referring to game updates (game=software) not the system (a system update refers to updating your firmware). Anyway if you need to update your Switch firmware, you can do so with the homebrew application ChoiDujourNX.

That thread you linked involves linking a Nintendo Account without connecting the console to the Internet. It has nothing to do with bans. There is also no practical way to unban a console. There are proof-of-concepts where people inject another Switch's certificate via tools such as Charles but this isn't practical because you would need a second unbanned console certificate and no one is willing to share theirs meaning you would have to buy a second unbanned console at which point you could simply use online rather than to unban the first console.

4. Ligeia

Ligeia Advanced Member
    Newcomer

France
    Thanks a lot for your help !

5. nswuser007

nswuser007 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i cannot seem to get the mortal kombat xci to install - in all honesty its appearing white just like the SSBU did prior to the new update you had to have etc.

i havent read anything saying 8.x was required but if im running what 7.0.1 now i believe then why is this showing up whit as if its corrupted. Im actually attempting to put the xci and its update file which is an nsp onto an sd with no other games to determine if space was possibly the issue trouble shooting althought i have never seen such a thing - the games update is very large so for that reason I figure might as well try the last option i have while i ask for input.

6. KingHippo

KingHippo Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I'm running into issues jailbreaking my switch for the first time.
    In short I am able to see the switch in RCM mode on my machine and attempt to inject the payload (hekate). TegraRCM tells me it was injected successfully but my switch remains black and no menu pops up to proceed...

Troubleshooting I've already tried from searching forums:
    - Both USB ports
    - USB 2.0 and 3.0
    - Using Zadig as possible driver solution

Excited to get this working and have sunk a bunch of time troubleshooting, rebooting etc... on my own so any help would be appreciated. Would be happy to try other methods if you think they would work (ie web install, SX OS Pro dongle etc...)

My Setup:
    Switch Serial XAW70015XXXX (unpatched and safe to use per sheets and Serial Checker Tool)
    Switch Firmware 7.0.1

Windows Edge 10 running on a MacBook via Virtual Box *Note have used this same setup to hack SNES Mini w/ Hakchi2

Tools/Versions:
    TegraRCMGUI Portable 2.5
    Kosmos v12.1.2 w/ Atmosphere 0.8.9
    Payload: Hekate_ctcaer_4.10.1.bin

7. Nokocchi52

Nokocchi52 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Is there a way I can find a step-by step Guide to modify my Switch. There is only three things I want to do

-Extract saves of Pokemon games(Both Let's Go and later on Sword/Shield), put them onto a PC, modify them with PKhex, then put them back onto the system.
    -Update Firmware without blowing fuses(The firmware for the switch in question is 4.1.0)
    -Being able to still go online with it(even if it means having to constantly clear the Micro SD). I could care less about multiplayer features or buying digital games(I have a unmodified Switch for both of those things), I just want to update firmware of my physical games

I do not care about anything else, like fancy homebrew programs or fan mods

8. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

Austria
    Guide for hacking your switch: https://guide.sdsetup.com
    1) Use Checkpoint.
    2) Use ChoiDujourNX.
    3) You don't need to take your switch online for game updates. Simply download the update as .nsp file and install it.

9. shadoom

shadoom GBAtemp Regular

Taiwan
    since I updated to 8.0 and switched from sx os to atmosphere I'm having wifi issues.
    The switch wont connect to the wifi automatically, and yes it is enabled.
    The little wifi logo on the home screen has full bars but is greyed out.
    Ocassionally it blinks white for a second but the internet wont work.
    The connection test in the WiFi settings also doesnt work... anyone knows whats going on?

I tried:
    -Different routers
    -hotspots
    -differente DNS
    -deleting and recreating the connection

10. nswuser007

United States
    guess no one else is havin issue using mk11 xci and sx os except me ? Bummer really wanted to play this

11. JESTER82

JESTER82 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I jumped into the switch CFW scene last night. My switch orignal Fw was on 7.0.0 so I setup Atmosphere 0.8.4 since the repo said it was capable.

I got everything working, homebrew install, CFW booting. Now I wanted to look into updating my CFW to 8.0.1 and Atmosphere 0.8.9. However when I try to copy pasta (or delete and add) Atmosphere 0.8.9 I get a version mismatch error with a ton of numbers. Do I have to update my CFW to 8.0.1 before I update Atmosphere?

For updating the fm I need "locate" said files and push them with ChoiDujourNX?

12. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

Austria
    Use latest Kosmos release.

13. JESTER82

JESTER82 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Just so I understand you are talking about the very clearly marked "Updating/Downgrading Manually" section of the guide? Ugggh sorry I had not loaded it on my pc and missed the side bar!

14. nswuser007

United States
    well i moved the xci to another sd card which has a EMUNAND on it and its running FW 6.2 - either way its reacting the same as 7.0.1 with the xci not being readable - all white etc.

is there any version between 7.0.1 and 8.0 that would cause this to happen i cannot understand why there is an issue loading this unless the backup is in fact not playable.

15. Ninse

Ninse Member
    Newcomer

France
    Hello,

some new questions, since last time :
    1/It seems like the wifi disables itself regularly if the Switch can't detect Internet connectivity (either by fake dns or firewall blocking) : is there a way to force wifi up? Is the behavior the same using ethernet? I've bought an ethernet adpater anyway.
    2/Is there a way to monitor temps in the console?
    3/Is there a simple homebrew to see the number of fuses still on the Switch (without rebooting)?

16. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Although your serial number is listed as unpatched, there is a very slight possibility it is unpatched. Confirm that it is indeed unpatched by following this thread. If it shows as not patched or you want to try something else, use another USB cable and/or computer if possible.

Well that depends, are you using stock Atmosphere or Kosmos? Although they both use Atmosphere as the CFW, you update respectively with the pack that you are using. A general rule of thumb is that for updating your CFW, you should delete everything except the Switch and Nintendo folders then paste the new folders. If you have any game mods, you should back those up beforehand. These are located in the (Name of the CFW you are using)/titles directory.

Maybe try another CFW to see if its an SX OS related issue.

1. Not without a wired connection, no.
    2. Not that I know of
    3. There is no homebrew application that can do so. The only tools that can display burnt fuses are payloads namely Hekate or briccmii.

Ninse likes this.
  17. ThaDraGun

ThaDraGun GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    I'm confused. I just watched a video on YouTube which showed how to install an xci file to your sd card or internal on free CFM. They installed crash Bandicoot using tinfoil and were not using sx os. Now is this corect or incorrect?

pLaYeR^^ likes this.
  18. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    What he meant to say (I hope) is that SX OS is the only CFW that supports mounting .XCI files. All CFW, even free ones, support the installation of .XCI files. One reason I can surmise why he said you shouldn't install .XCI files is that it is nearly the same as installing a .NSP file apart from the fact that installing .XCI files don't install fake tickets which can ban you unlike installing .NSP files. But you can use both .XCI and .NSP files with all CFW. Its just that free CFW treat the .XCI files more like .NSP files.

pLaYeR^^ likes this.
  19. nswuser007

United States
    What CFW can I run using the tegra payload app to get something running this is so annoying I wasted a bunch of time. If theres a forum post about this already sorry but I can't Imagine such a large xci not working on sx pro or os. Grrrr same shit happened with super smash before the new update was applied

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

20. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

Austria
    Sorry, my answer was a bit confusing. It’s like @Draxzelex said. Only SX OS supports mounting of XCI. Other CFW also allows to install XCI but not mounting them. Also some people had issues installing XCI with Atmosphere that’s why I personally would use NSP on Atmosphere.

Draxzelex likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - questions, PARADISE, SWITCH