1. Looking123

Looking123 Member
    Newcomer

Australia
    I want to copy the game cart and install onto the microSD rather than downloading and installing the xci/nsp externally. I've been able to use a game cart dump into multiple .xci files (due to fat32) but I haven't found a way to install these multiple .xci files

2. XPLOSIV

XPLOSIV Member
    Newcomer

United States
    OK i think i understand but i can't really help you sorry but i would recomend dumping the file from your systen to nsp rather than xci and then it becomes much easier to install using gold leaf which is a much simpler solution but maybe someone else on this thread have a few other ideas

3. henryzusa

henryzusa Member
    Newcomer

Mexico
    I want to try Save transfer from Wii U to Switch.
    I've dumped and converted my save into Switch version. From what I understand, both must be on the same version, however, Wii U is now stuck in 1.5 and Switch in 1.6
    Am I screwed here?

4. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Uh...you can just restore the boot0/boot1 as well as the eMMC SYS and USER to SysNAND with Hekate. Not sure if SX OS supports NAND restoration or not.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SwitchHaxing/comments/bi9805/smash_ultimate_stage_inserter/

Ensure you have the latest piracy patches which you can grab from this thread.

If you don't have any clean NAND backups, there really isn't much you can do. People have been banned even after performing a factory reset so doing one won't do you any good. Just make a NAND backup now in case the console ever bricks which includes dumping boot0/boot1 as well as the eMMC raw GPP.

5. c4pt1n54n0

c4pt1n54n0 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Alright, thanks. I guess that's about what I was expecting. So I'll do a NAND backup now.. Should firmware updates and eshop downloads still work through nintendo or is the whole console just blacklisted from all services, assuming it gets banned right away? Are there different levels of banned? I have a few digital games that I'd rather not mess around installing backups of if I can help it. I haven't tried anything online yet, but it did auto connect to my wireless network today for about 20 minutes before I realized.

6. Nokocchi52

Nokocchi52 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Okay, I followed the guide, but for some reason it doesn't enter the homebrew menu when I enter a game or album and hold R. My firmware is still 4.1.0. I can enter Hekate, but that's it. Was there something else I was supposed to do? I have the files on my SD card, and when I boot up the switch with the SD card, it says "A system update is required to use the microSDXC memory card". If I need a different SD card, what ones are compatible with 4.1.0?

7. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    This thread should answer all of your banning-related questions.

c4pt1n54n0 likes this.
  8. Phenjoto

Phenjoto Member
    Newcomer

Indonesia
    Nvm this was a stupid post i edited sry

Last edited by Phenjoto, May 2, 2019
  9. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    You will get ban.

10. Phenjoto

Phenjoto Member
    Newcomer

Indonesia
    Draxzelex says otherwise.

11. ThaDraGun

ThaDraGun GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    I think I'll try gold tree untill I get the stuff for sxos. I think that will be the best way in the end.

With goldtree do the games always install to the switch, or can they be installed to the sd as well?

12. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Reformat the SD card to FAT32.

I believe it lets you choose when installing from Goldleaf.

13. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

Nand Backup questions
    Okay when I originally did a nand backup when I first installed cfw I got
    a boot 0, boot 1 and a rawnand.bin

I recently made another nand backup and I got
    a boot 0, boot 1 and a rawnand.bin however the rawnand.bin is split into 14 parts?

My guess is that my first nand backup was done when formatted to exfat and I changed to fat32 and the second nandbackup has to be split because the file was too big. Am I correct? and If I did decide to restore my nand would I need to compile the 14 parts into 1 file?

14. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Its supposed to be 15 parts but the names start from 00 and go up to 14 so you might be mistaking it for 14 total parts. Also you don't need to combine the files anymore as the latest version of Hekate supports restoring the NAND with a split dump.

15. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

I had AutoRCM on when I backed up my NAND. I know autorcm corrupts the switch so it doesn't boot into ofw.
    As my NAND backup was done when I had autorcm turned on, if I restore my nand backup it will just have autorcm enabled right?

16. Nokocchi52

Newcomer

United States
    Okay, I just noticed that the CFW isn't listed under system settings, it still lists 4.1.0, so I'm guessing this is why it's not booting to the homebrew. What can I do to fix that? How to I get NRO files to activate?

17. DerpDerp

DerpDerp Member
    Newcomer

extremely new to all this, but been looking in every few months.
    Just been reading the guides
    https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/
    https://guide.sdsetup.com/
    https://switch.hacks.guide/

Any of them out of date?

My main question though is maybe a misconception.
    When looking at the serial no, If you know the Switch has been patched, does it not matter?
    I thought the serial number was so could find new non patched Switches, but what if you find a 2nd hand model, where Switch has obviously been updated..
    Is that ok? Can still be exploited?
    Ive access to a bunch of 2nd hand switches that ive posponed from buying as I thought theyd be no good, as obviously been updated..

18. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Yes.

The switch.hacks guide is extremely out of date. You can tell because it says CFW is slated for June 2018. Also serial number matters because the exploit is dependent on the hardware you are running, not the software so firmware is irrelevant (unless your console is patched but that's another story). Not everyone wants to buy used as the condition of the console is never guaranteed and the console may even be banned already. But if you don't care about online or the quality of the secondhand Switch, you can buy a used one but make sure the serial number of the Switch is still good as people can sell used patched units.

19. DerpDerp

DerpDerp Member
    Newcomer

Omg, ive been holding off all this time for no good reason xD
    I have access to test these units, so any way to test online without updating?
    Or updating it doesnt matter?
    Lastly, if I do go and proceed with a unit, it sounds like still easy to brick a console, if dont use a Jig?
    Oh and whatever the hack, could i restore to factory settings and all good to go online/sell, if i do nand backups before i hack?

20. Nokocchi52

Newcomer

United States
    I already reformatted the SD card to 32FAT, it stopped giving that message when it's in the switch and everything, but it still won't let me access the homebrew menu. I can still only access hakate via payload and nothing else.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - questions, PARADISE, SWITCH