SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. asdatoan

asdatoan Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2018
    Australia
    Definitely holding the volume + and power on. Can't do hekate yet because I need to be able inject the payload :(

2. cl8298

cl8298 Member

Newcomer
    May 5, 2017
    Does it just boot normally? Try removing the SD card when you are trying to get RCM

3. asdatoan

asdatoan Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2018
    Australia
    While holding the volume + power on, it does nothing (like it should) but its not popping up on device manager. To add onto this, when i press the power button once it boots normally.

No SD or game card either.

Last edited by asdatoan, Apr 29, 2019
  4. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron
    pLaYeR^^ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    Dont check the switch with the device manager. Use TegraRCM and check if it recognizes the switch in RCM.

5. asdatoan

asdatoan Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2018
    Australia
    So this is the initial TegraRCM use and i'm getting this
    http://puu.sh/DlrIn/a4ee2b0853.png

I presume that the switch is not in RCM mode?

6. cl8298

cl8298 Member

Newcomer
    May 5, 2017
    Go to settings on Tegra and click the Install Driver button. See if that helps

7. asdatoan

asdatoan Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2018
    Australia
    Unfortunately no, Driver installed

8. cl8298

cl8298 Member

Newcomer
    May 5, 2017
    I'm sorry I am all out of ideas. Fairly new to this myself. I'm having an issue where some games I install via NSP are getting corrupted

9. Ligeia

Ligeia Member

Newcomer
    Jan 16, 2017
    France
    Hi ! I'm finnaly setting up on cracking my Switch and I have a few questions :

- Should I use NSP files over XCI, or the other way around ? Does it even matter ?
    - Should I worry about installing releases that match my region (EUR), or can I install USA/J games as well ?

10. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    If you have SX OS you can also use XCI. All other CFW only support NSP. XCI mustn‘t be installed and are copies of cartridge games. NSP must be installed and are copies of eShop games. NSP are region free afaik, XCI not.

Ligeia likes this.
  11. NoNAND

NoNAND Just a GBAtemper thriving in his natural habitat

Aug 22, 2015
    Antarctica
    DinohScene's Discord Server
    9 burnt fuses so far can i revert back to 7.0.1

12. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    Yes.

NoNAND likes this.
  13. NoNAND

NoNAND Just a GBAtemper thriving in his natural habitat

Aug 22, 2015
    Antarctica
    DinohScene's Discord Server
    And it will boot my switch just fine without autorcm on stock firmware as well right?

14. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    7.0.0-8.0.0 has 9 burnt fuses. If you go back to 7.0.1, your switch will never know that you have upgraded before and downgraded back. So yes, you won't have to boot with custom payload.

NoNAND likes this.
  15. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    If they are saying a software update is needed, that is referring to game updates (game=software) not the system (a system update refers to updating your firmware). Anyway if you need to update your Switch firmware, you can do so with the homebrew application ChoiDujourNX.

That thread you linked involves linking a Nintendo Account without connecting the console to the Internet. It has nothing to do with bans. There is also no practical way to unban a console. There are proof-of-concepts where people inject another Switch's certificate via tools such as Charles but this isn't practical because you would need a second unbanned console certificate and no one is willing to share theirs meaning you would have to buy a second unbanned console at which point you could simply use online rather than to unban the first console.

16. Ligeia

Ligeia Member

Newcomer
    Jan 16, 2017
    France
    Thanks a lot for your help !

17. nswuser007

nswuser007 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 14, 2018
    United States
    i cannot seem to get the mortal kombat xci to install - in all honesty its appearing white just like the SSBU did prior to the new update you had to have etc.

i havent read anything saying 8.x was required but if im running what 7.0.1 now i believe then why is this showing up whit as if its corrupted. Im actually attempting to put the xci and its update file which is an nsp onto an sd with no other games to determine if space was possibly the issue trouble shooting althought i have never seen such a thing - the games update is very large so for that reason I figure might as well try the last option i have while i ask for input.

18. KingHippo

KingHippo Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2019
    United States
    I'm running into issues jailbreaking my switch for the first time.
    In short I am able to see the switch in RCM mode on my machine and attempt to inject the payload (hekate). TegraRCM tells me it was injected successfully but my switch remains black and no menu pops up to proceed...

Troubleshooting I've already tried from searching forums:
    - Both USB ports
    - USB 2.0 and 3.0
    - Using Zadig as possible driver solution

Excited to get this working and have sunk a bunch of time troubleshooting, rebooting etc... on my own so any help would be appreciated. Would be happy to try other methods if you think they would work (ie web install, SX OS Pro dongle etc...)

My Setup:
    Switch Serial XAW70015XXXX (unpatched and safe to use per sheets and Serial Checker Tool)
    Switch Firmware 7.0.1

Windows Edge 10 running on a MacBook via Virtual Box *Note have used this same setup to hack SNES Mini w/ Hakchi2

Tools/Versions:
    TegraRCMGUI Portable 2.5
    Kosmos v12.1.2 w/ Atmosphere 0.8.9
    Payload: Hekate_ctcaer_4.10.1.bin

19. Nokocchi52

Nokocchi52 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 15, 2016
    United States
    Is there a way I can find a step-by step Guide to modify my Switch. There is only three things I want to do

-Extract saves of Pokemon games(Both Let's Go and later on Sword/Shield), put them onto a PC, modify them with PKhex, then put them back onto the system.
    -Update Firmware without blowing fuses(The firmware for the switch in question is 4.1.0)
    -Being able to still go online with it(even if it means having to constantly clear the Micro SD). I could care less about multiplayer features or buying digital games(I have a unmodified Switch for both of those things), I just want to update firmware of my physical games

I do not care about anything else, like fancy homebrew programs or fan mods

20. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    Guide for hacking your switch: https://guide.sdsetup.com
    1) Use Checkpoint.
    2) Use ChoiDujourNX.
    3) You don't need to take your switch online for game updates. Simply download the update as .nsp file and install it.