SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. nutsack

nutsack Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2018
    United States
    Are newer versions of hekate incapable of booting older versions of Atmosphere? I'm using Atmosphere 0.8.1 and only hekate 4.5 will boot it. When I push newer payloads like hekate 4.8 or hekate 4.9.1 and select CFW from the boot options I just go back into RCM mode. Do these new hekate only boot newer Atmosphere including the sept payload? I'm tempted to update to 7.0.1 for Cuphead and the Joker update for Smash but I'm a little nervous to when I can't even boot into my 6.2.0/AMS0.8.1 system with the newer hekate versions.

2. Duppex

Duppex Member

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2016
    United Kingdom
    Just got hold of this nice little Indie game (Hell is Other Demons) When I try to load the game using SX OS, it's asking for internet access saying (Could not connect to the internet)

Does anyone know a workaround to bypass the internet requirement?

There is a youtube that uploads every new release so I am thinking he is also using CFW with his Switch. He has got this game to work.

3. Seelbreaker

Seelbreaker GBAtemp Regular

Mar 22, 2010
    Gambia, The
    Ah damn, so i did the update of my cfw switch to 7.0.1 with ChoiDorNX exfat after updating with Kosmos updater to ams 0.8.7 (what does the x Button Do? It seems i know the Code. But it just goes back and nothing Seem to change).

Then uli used lockpick rcm to get 7.0.1 keys.

And everywith worked like starting Gases on the cfw switch.

Then i needed to update my cfw smash and found this hgb Shop thing...

I then tried to update with that But failed... Which also resulted in games Not playable and even tried to verifiy the Ticket of sonic against something (hope that 90DNS and Not reporting option saved Mr from the ban :P).

Even getting update nsp Files and using them gave me an error and searching around it seems the sig -Patches aren't working. <-- mainQ1: is that the reason why i can't install Files?
    Q2: what are execfs Patches and kip Patches. I can't even transmit Some of the execfs Patches to m sdcard(Not Linux Not Windows).
    Q3: can i dump my original smash cart on my cfwswitch?(had to delete it)

I'm daring to try to use the local update thing.. But fear that my cfw switch geht's somehow updated because the 8.0 update is already nagging on my online switch )

4. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    What firmware and version of CFW are you running?

You can try the Qcean Discord Server: https://discordapp.com/invite/CjTZKPB

Just use ReiNX. ReiNX has signature patches that do not come with stock Atmosphere plus ReiNX has more patches than Atmosphere.
    I mean you shouldn't really be booting older versions of Atmosphere in the first place. Update Atmosphere then see if the issues persist because I'm pretty sure Atmosphere is the one at fault here, not Hekate.

Have you tried booting the game in Airplane Mode?

1. Without piracy patches, you cannot install pirated content (this is why I prefer the term piracy patches over signature patches since it delivers the message better as well as the fact that there are different types of patches such as ES, fs_nosigchk, ACID, etc.)
    2. These are patches applied by the CFW to the system. An example of patches applied this way are piracy patches
    3. If you aren't using the nogc patch, you should be able to dump your cartridge

Seelbreaker and zerohealinzz like this.
  5. OnnRyuu

OnnRyuu Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 17, 2018
    United States
    Hey guys. So, I've been away from the switch scene for a while now so that that I've returned a few things have changed and I'm still lost and need your guidance. I've updated my switch from v4.0 to 7.0.1 (AMS 0.8.7). I'm now running AtlasNX KOSMOS or something like that (I'm still not entirelly sure what I'm doing. In the past I just used ReiNX). And there is a new application to install NSPs called Gold Leaf? And all games that I install with Gold Leaf ask me to connect to the internet... How can I run NSPs and skip this internet connection step?

6. Seelbreaker

Seelbreaker GBAtemp Regular

Mar 22, 2010
    Gambia, The
    If the Term piracy Patches is better then be it so :)
    I just have to Move a Folder called nogc out right?
    Can you recommend a homebrew for dumping on the switch? Thx!

7. KingGandorXV

KingGandorXV Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2019
    United States
    Updated to 7.0.1 with ChoidujourNX and rebooted the switch after it was finished now my switch isn't coming on

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Nevermind I got it lol

8. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Unfortunately scene standard is signature patches but if you're going to call it signature patches, at least be aware that there are multiple types of patches that serve different purposes.

Nogc isn't a folder. Depending on what CFW you use, it is applied differently. It is applied automatically if your fuse count is 4 or less. There is no reason for it to be applied when you have a fuse count of 5 or more. Just try loading your cartridge games and if they work, nogc isn't being applied currently.

The only tools for dumping cartridges that I know of are WAIN cart dumper and gcdumptool, neither of which have been updated recently so one isn't necessarily better than the other.

9. Gobbadygook

Gobbadygook Member

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2019
    United States
    I use SX OS, hekate 4.6, and a version of atmosphere that I forgot what version it was. I'm sorry. I'm guessing the version of atmosphere I had was outdated and needed to be update for the 7.0.0 update.

10. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Probably an outdated CFW build as support for firmware 7.X was added in Hekate V4.8

Gobbadygook likes this.
  11. Gobbadygook

Gobbadygook Member

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2019
    United States
    So, where does that leave us?

12. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Update your CFW fam.

Gobbadygook likes this.
  13. wipebuilding

wipebuilding Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2019
    Morocco
    Please help.

My switch is new and has never been only. Just started it up and tested a game quickly in airplane mode. Base firmware is 4.1.0.

I was making a backup following the guide in the "Backup/Restore your Nand + Get your biskeys+tseckeys+keys.txt Guide" and the "sdsetup" guide. I used hekate 4.9.1 since I thought I should use the latest.

It seems I was required to hold down vol- when injecting because it booted straight into Atmosphere. Rather than press a button 3 times to fully start the OS I switched off the console. I then injected holding vol- and then made the backups recommended in your guide.

1. How much damage have I done? How clean is my backup? Is there anything I can do?
    2. There is also a small chance I booted into the original firmware when restarting. I am not 100% sure. How much additional damage would this have done?

14. Gobbadygook

Gobbadygook Member

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2019
    United States
    Thank you very much for the help. I will honor your assistance by annihilating all of my trash friends in smash.

Draxzelex likes this.
  15. AllMightsLeftHand

AllMightsLeftHand Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 17, 2018
    Barbados
    Help. Tried updating my switch to 7.0.1 using chodujour. I think i did it all correctly, followed the on screen commands . Then switch says it needed to restart. After the sx red screen the screen just goes black.

16. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Try 2.62 Beta from SX site.

17. nutsack

nutsack Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2018
    United States
    I stuck with AMS 0.8.1 and firmware 6.2.0 because it just worked and there was nothing I wanted to update for. But that changed with the Smash update the other day. So after upgrading to AMS 0.8.7 I was able to boot fine with hekate_caer_4.9.1.bin. Then installed 7.0.1 with ChoiDujourNX with AutoRCM on and everything seems to be fine, including installation over USB with the old adubbz tinfoil. I wonder when games requiring 8.x.x start becoming a thing.

Draxzelex likes this.
  18. AllMightsLeftHand

AllMightsLeftHand Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 17, 2018
    Barbados
    Thank you. That worked. Should I stay on 2.62 ?

19. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Yea that is latest version for now, but it is beta but it work.

20. ZanderX420

ZanderX420 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 8, 2018
    United States
    Hi i updated my unpatched switch to 8.0 accidentally i know i wont be able to use de ja vu now but will i still be able to mod my switch when theres a cfw for 8.0? Im fine with waiting for a 8.0 cfw if its possible.

Last edited by ZanderX420, Apr 20, 2019
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted