SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Seelbreaker

Seelbreaker GBAtemp Regular

Mar 22, 2010
    Gambia, The
    The Update to 7.0.1 went great :-)

Now for my example - my OFW Smash is on 2.0.2 - my CFW Smash is on 1.0....

There is this feature to update the version with local users - will this update the game only or will it also enforce a Firmware Update? Had anyone tried that?

Would be really bad if it accidentally updates my CFW to 8.0.0 because it "can"

2. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Think it will force you to update with what ever firmware the other system is on.

3. 1NOOB

1NOOB GBAtemp Fan

Sep 9, 2006
    Canada
    Inside My Head...
    any way to backup my save from hetake ? i have everything to restore but wanted to keep my saves .

Edit; nvm restored .

Last edited by 1NOOB, Apr 19, 2019
  4. Gobbadygook

Gobbadygook Member

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2019
    United States
    Hello. Ever since I installed the new smash update(version 3.0.0) and the DLC for Joker, the game now crashes after the title screen. My switch is currently on version 6.2.0.

5. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    The update requires a minimum firmware of 7.0

6. Gobbadygook

Gobbadygook Member

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2019
    United States
    Do you know where I could find the file?

7. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Google is your best friend on that, look for the 7.0.1 firmware on that darth site.

8. Gamemaster1379

Gamemaster1379 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 5, 2008
    United States
    United States
    So, I have a fusee gelee (that's the joycon rail short thing, right?) exploitable switch. I have an autoRCM setup now, but honestly, it's just inconvenient to have to deal with it all the time, and wait for updates.

Since I'm not finding a lot of value in having autoRCM enabled now, I'm tempted to just to disable autoRCM and update my Switch to the latest OFW.

If I ever decide I want to go back to CFW, what steps would be taken? What am I sacrificing by going to the latest OFW that I would otherwise have if I continued to keep my Switch in a hacked state?

If there's no real losses to re-hacking again later, I may just go ahead and go through with it.

9. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron
    pLaYeR^^ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    Latest OFW is 8.0.0 and that firmware isn’t hacked yet.

10. ssssss13

ssssss13 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 4, 2018
    United Kingdom
    One question I'm worried about: I did my nand backup a while ago, on 4.1 , do I need the same fork of hekate to restore it? I think I forgot which onw since I always keep sd files updated from atmosphere

The same question for sxos, imagine I did a backup with 1.5 SXOS, would I be able to restore that nand with 2.6.2?

11. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    Of course you are able to restore it with the latest version.

12. ssssss13

ssssss13 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 4, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Thank you, I am in doubt because if I got it right, you cant restore a hekate backup with sxos or a sxos backup with hekate, right? That would be out of the question

13. Gobbadygook

Gobbadygook Member

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2019
    United States
    Okay, I'm freaking out. I updated my switch through Choi and I'm getting an unknown pkg1 message.

Attached Files:

Last edited by Gobbadygook, Apr 19, 2019
  14. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    No. Restore hekate backup with hekate and sx os backup with sx os. Never tried though but I wouldn’t risk a brick.

15. zerohealinzz

zerohealinzz GBAtemp Regular

Feb 21, 2018
    Netherlands
    What is a good source for custom themes?

16. LoganVirusX

LoganVirusX GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Texas
    Im using an old version of Hekate and trying to update my console to 7.0.1 .. whats the best way to do this without connecting online?

17. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    ChoiDujourNX.

18. Neath

Neath Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 1, 2013
    Canada
    Canada
    Hey guys. A little bit out of the scene but I went from 5.1 to 7.0.1, my switch completed the installation successfully, but now when I go to launch my switch, the payload is successful but doesn't get past the Nintendo screen. Just black from there. I've updated my sdfiles (I think?) through sdsetup.com and am running atmosphere 0.8.7. Can someone help?

--

edit: i think i figured it out. just had the wrong formatting. gonna reinstall in exfat so i can use my current stuff. lol.........

--

extra edit: ok if you run into this problem, you have an exfat sd card and you selected the non-exfat installation in choi. so you need to either grab another microsd card and put on the necessary files, or backup and clear off ur current one (and format it to fat32) and reinstall the 7.0.1 WITH exfat. once your done you can set your card back up or just use your other one if you had two. enjoy!

Last edited by Neath, Apr 19, 2019
  19. hellogbatemp

hellogbatemp Member

Newcomer
    May 19, 2018
    France
    hello, I have a problem with cuphead works well with reinx and the update corrected in 6.2 but on atmosphere "corrupt data"

Do you have a solution?

20. LoganVirusX

LoganVirusX GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Texas
    I updated to 7.0.1 using ChoiDujourNX and I get an error "UNKNOWN PKG1 FAILED TO LAUNCH FIRMWARE" when trying to load from hekate.. what did I do wrong? It said all the files were right..

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

it says failed to RUN SEPT now.. how can i fix this?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

turned out I needed to update the atmosphere I guess.. but now I get an error that says... NO MANDATORY SECMON or WARMBOOT PROVIDED.. whats the fix for that?

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted