SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Look for 7.0.1 on that Darth site and update via choidujourNX.

2. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Use the homebrew application ChoiDujourNX.

3. x124

x124 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 22, 2019
    United States
    Since deja vu is (hopefully) going to be released for public use soon, I've got a question
    Obviously ofw must remain at 4.1.0 for us with patched switches. but can we boot into an emunand with updated firmware to be able to launch new games?
    Will it be a PS4 situation where hack will only work for the current firmware you are on?

4. Seelbreaker

Seelbreaker GBAtemp Regular

Mar 22, 2010
    Gambia, The
    Yeah, i would do that with ChiDujourNX.

Thank you again for helping me out! :-)
    As for the Update from 5.1.2 to 7.0.1. i wouldn't need to update to 7.0.0 or 6.2.0 because of other stuff? (Already used the ExFat Update within 5.1.2 aswell as AutoRCM is enabled)

5. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ リザードン

GBAtemp Patron
    pLaYeR^^ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    No, just update directly to 7.0.1. You don't need to install each firmware version.

Seelbreaker likes this.
  6. zerohealinzz

zerohealinzz GBAtemp Regular

Feb 21, 2018
    Netherlands
    Is there a way to watch youtube on sx os without disabling stealth mode?

7. rosko25

rosko25 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 18, 2019
    United States
    I have a question what is the easiest/ newest way to ad exfat update to my SX OS switch? I am currently on OFW 6.0.1. any help anyone could give I would appreciate it.

8. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ リザードン

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    Update with ChoiDujourNX to 6.0.1 with exFAT update (your switch will be on 6.0.1 and with exFAT).

9. rosko25

rosko25 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 18, 2019
    United States
    Thank you you for replying back. I am pretty new to this how would I exactly update with ChoiDujourNX to 6.0.1? Thank you again for the help!

10. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ リザードン

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
  11. rosko25

rosko25 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 18, 2019
    United States
    where would I get the firmware to update it?

12. Ishnu

Ishnu Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 18, 2019
    Germany
    Hello there,
    I have a specific problem, and can't figure it out nor can I find the information to fix it, maybe someone else had the same problem and made it work:

While installing an NSP via Goldtree/leaf (v0.5), the switch went to standby and the install stopped and later crashed.
    Removing the title does not seem to properly work, when I try to install it again it is finished in 1 sec and claimed as successful, however the game does not work.
    Restarting the console (as I've read it is required in 0.5 goldleaf to remove files) does not help, and I cannot find the game file in Contents/registered (I don't understand the code, and the sizes don't match) in order to remove any rest files per hand.
    I have also tried earlier versions of Goldleaf to remove the title, but it doesn't seem to work properly, as a new install will always only last 1 sec and will not work.

Would be glad for any ideas :)

13. rosko25

rosko25 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 18, 2019
    United States
    I was able to find the firmware. Can I go to firmware 6.2.0. Will it burn any fuse if i try it?

14. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Yes, that would be the whole purpose of EmuNAND; keeping SysNAND low so the console can load Deja Vu while keeping an EmuNAND that is updated to the highest firmware CFW supports. Although I should also mention that Deja Vu can apparently be made to work up to firmware 7.0.1 but that will be made available much later than for firmwares 4.1 and below. If you want to use Deja Vu as soon as possible, do not update your firmware.

Try uninstalling the game via Data Management.

If you install it with ChoiDujourNX and do not disable AutoRCM during the installation process, it won't.

15. rosko25

rosko25 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 18, 2019
    United States
    Thank you for the help everyone I was able to get it installed no problems. Thank you again.

Draxzelex likes this.
  16. Ishnu

Ishnu Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 18, 2019
    Germany
    so easy...worked like a charm, many thanks!

Draxzelex likes this.
  17. Ali3n90

Ali3n90 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 17, 2019
    United States
    Have you downloaded the Sig patches for atmosphere? Atmosphere needs sig patches to run games.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

You can copy paste everything from the SD card, however if you gave larger files you will not be able to transfer them onto fat32 due to file size restriction.

18. pokothebird

pokothebird Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2019
    United States
    im very new to all of this. I accidentally updated to switch version 8.0. Is there a way to downgrade. If not is there a chance for custom firmware to be on 8.00?

19. Ali3n90

Ali3n90 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 17, 2019
    United States
    I'm assuming you didn't make a nand backup?

20. pokothebird

pokothebird Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2019
    United States
    no